Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:21:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Bitcoin Maxis sell - ever?  (Read 227 times)
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 11:42:03 AM

I am feeling okay selling bitcoin, especially if I can sell at the peak price Grin

Even if that is about loss, I will still be okay because I believe that is just time for me to make another profit.

Selling or still keeping your bitcoin will depend on your plan. But if the price passes the last ATH and reaches the new ATH, that will be the time to sell some part, quarter amount or half amount from your total amount to get your profit and you can wait for another dump.

But if you do not sell at the last ATH, it seems, you need to determine when you can sell your bitcoin. Otherwise, you will not enjoy your profit while watching other people celebrate their profit. You do not have to trade your BTC and no one will force you to do that, especially if you think you do not have many skills in trading. Becoming a holder is good for you as you do not care about the fluctuation of the price.

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 03:24:59 PM

If someone just holds Bitcoin, but has fiat income and other assets, they have no reasons to sell it, so they can afford to hold it "until they won't need fiat". But if someone only has Bitcoin income, it's nearly impossible to not sell it at some points, because it's hard to pay with it for everything, unless you use some proxy.

But some Bitcoin maximalists can also trade Bitcoin and try to time the market and sell it while it's high and then buy in bear market. Perhaps they do it privately because they don't want to be judged by others for selling Bitcoin, especially if they often tell how Bitcoin will go up and up.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 03:41:58 PM

When I first started my Crypto Journey as a small (and stupid) private Investor I first bought ETH. After that I bought the "old & slow" BTC.
When I gained 100%+ after around 1 year, I sold half of my BTC&ETH to own "free crypto".

It felt like I was Warren Buffet on Crack and it also definitely helped me to get through the bear market after 2017.
In this time I became a hardcore "BTC or die"-Guy. I still own some stupid altcoins, but really small amounts.
Its gambling and testing around for me. I don't want to outperform BTC with it, just try staking or the network itself.

Right now I feel like (besides all the risks), that I don't want to trade my BTC back to weird fiat digits on my bank account
- Even at times it maybe would be the more financally smart thing to do. Maximizing profits aside: How do you guys feel about selling
BTC for fiat gains (or even at a loss [maybe for tax reasons or because your insane  Grin ]?

Do you guys life by the "No Neo, I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready... you won't have to (sell your btc)"-Meme or
are you mere mortals that sell before they lose their fiat profits?

I'm not a bitcoin maxi but I believe in never, ever selling bitcoin. The only bitcoin I sold was for buying a few items online, which is not selling in the sense of trading it away for cash. But I certainly don't think buying Ethereum is "stupid." Anyway, it's not my intent to derail this thread, but I suppose one takeaway here is you don't have to be a bitcoin maxi to believe bitcoin should never be sold.

I should mention that if someone has an emergency, it may be advisable to sell some bitcoin. Everyone's situation is different.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 04:42:54 PM

Not every time can an investor afford to keep bitcoins as an investment, for me the only bitcoins I own are the ones I get from the signature campaigns and I do have to sell them for my day to day food and accomodation. The idea of investment in Bitcoin is great but it's a big upkeep and trading ( day to day ) is absolutely amazing if you do have a good trading platform which gives instant options and at the same time allows to exchange in usdt instantly. Due to volatility of the market you can always make more money but I do think the whole idea of maxis holding bitcoins is waiting for the right time, they definately sell but they invest again as well and then there are people like the creator who actually are the backbone and provides it solidarity, I wonder if they will ever sell it.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████