Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:10:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do we think of the marketplace NFT price jump debacle? (opensea+BAYC)  (Read 35 times)
Ideainvest01 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 11:03:51 PM

So I was reading this article on BAYC and Opensea https://nftandgamefi.com/2022/01/25/opensea-bored-apes-nfts-go-bananas/ and it got me thinking. Why on earth do these exploits still exist since this is definitely not a good sign for the NFT space. NFTs that people invest in evaporate in split seconds. Knowing how dedicated, for some reason, the BAYC community is, for some, this is like losing life savings. So it's critical, and Opensea has nothing to comment re this.

I am not an NFT purveyor btw, but this is a bit of a pain. this whole case and how NFTs get snatched. Is it due to the centralized nature of the marketplaces? Then, do decentralized places serve as a solution?

frytvirga

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2022, 07:38:30 PM

So I was reading this article on BAYC and Opensea https://nftandgamefi.com/2022/01/25/opensea-bored-apes-nfts-go-bananas/ and it got me thinking. Why on earth do these exploits still exist since this is definitely not a good sign for the NFT space. NFTs that people invest in evaporate in split seconds. Knowing how dedicated, for some reason, the BAYC community is, for some, this is like losing life savings. So it's critical, and Opensea has nothing to comment re this.

I am not an NFT purveyor btw, but this is a bit of a pain. this whole case and how NFTs get snatched. Is it due to the centralized nature of the marketplaces? Then, do decentralized places serve as a solution?

If we talk about large marketplaces, then often mistakes are not corrected for several months. It's a shame if, because of their bug, your NFTs are sold cheaply. On the other hand, this should tell artists to choose carefully where they place their NFTs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: