Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:48:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OPERATION: What is Bitcoin? - A Massive Bitcoin Twitter Campaign  (Read 5203 times)
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 08:09:29 PM

Atlas has never begged for money, last I checked. I haven't seen him under his original name for awhile now. I wonder if that alias will ever come back?

Why do you even try, Atlas? Just be yourself.

(BFL)^2 < 0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harvey (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2011, 08:11:46 PM

Atlas has never begged for money, last I checked. I haven't seen him under his original name for awhile now. I wonder if he'll ever come back?

I think one day the operators of this site will realize that letting you have a dozen different accounts is probably undermining the perception of bitcoins to visitors.
Atlas may act under new identities but he has never done it out of fraudulent indent. If anything, I think it only gives a perception of choice. It reminds us that Bitcoin is of good and healthy esteem and it doesn't rely on conformity.

We don't need the illusion of a collective; Bitcoin acts over the choices of individuals. To people who hold this forum and Bitcoin as a whole responsible and damaged due to the choices and preferences of individuals would be a grave mistake. If anything, a loss for the individual who makes such a false judgement.

I encourage Atlas to remain himself and continue to act under his own preference. He has never harmed nor defrauded another man and certainly holds no power over the esteem of the forum and Bitcoin as a whole.
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 08:19:41 PM

Atlas may act under new identities but he has never done it out of fraudulent indent. If anything, I think it only gives a perception of choice. It reminds us that Bitcoin is of good and healthy esteem that doesn't rely on conformity.

You're just waiting for a big enough reason to  cash in your "moral code".  I doubt it would even take 100 bitcoins for you to vanish with the money.  $300 is a lot for a kid in highschool.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Harvey (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2011, 08:23:21 PM

Atlas may act under new identities but he has never done it out of fraudulent indent. If anything, I think it only gives a perception of choice. It reminds us that Bitcoin is of good and healthy esteem that doesn't rely on conformity.

You're just waiting for a big enough reason to  cash in your "moral code".  I doubt it would even take 100 bitcoins for you to vanish with the money.  $300 is a lot for a kid in highschool.

I am willing to bet all I have that Atlas wouldn't stand under any amount of money to compromise his moral preferences. He doesn't even claim to stand under any major law nor code but only his individual choice to prefer life. To me that is a man of true integrity. He respects people out of the inherit value they bring him which goes far deeper than intrinsic materials such as money.

He is not forced to act the way he is under insipid desires, a god or law: He chooses to love life.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2011, 08:28:00 PM

It seems 4chan has had its share.

If I were a mod I would ban you here just for posting that screenshot. But you have made it onto my ignore list congrats.
Harvey (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2011, 10:13:03 PM

Alright, she is back on.
Jalum

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 10:16:31 PM

I am willing to bet all I have that Atlas wouldn't stand under any amount of money to compromise his moral preferences. He doesn't even claim to stand under any major law nor code but only his individual choice to prefer life. To me that is a man of true integrity. He respects people out of the inherit value they bring him which goes far deeper than intrinsic materials such as money.

He is not forced to act the way he is under insipid desires, a god or law: He chooses to love life.

Why are you referring to yourself in the third person?  Is it because you want it to sound like someone else is complimenting you?

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 10:18:47 PM

I think one day the operators of this site will realize that letting you have a dozen different accounts is probably undermining the perception of bitcoins to visitors.

+1

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
bosschair

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 11:00:22 PM

I am willing to bet all I have that Atlas wouldn't stand under any amount of money to compromise his moral preferences.

You are Atlas, correct?

Harvey (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2011, 11:08:47 PM

I am willing to bet all I have that Atlas wouldn't stand under any amount of money to compromise his moral preferences.

You are Atlas, correct?

Perhaps.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 01:10:13 AM

My only concern with this is that I suspect anyone with a twitter account who knows about bitcoin has likely already informed their followers to the point that they are sick of hearing about it.

+ Grin

I've found myself wandering aimlessly muttering "bitcoin...bitcoin...bitcoin..."

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 03:28:21 AM

Why are you referring to yourself in the third person?  Is it because you want it to sound like someone else is complimenting you?

Pretentious wanker or batshit crazy - they're the only types of people who talk about themselves in the third person.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2011, 05:41:24 AM

Oh hey ANOTHER thread where Atlas is begging for money.

Why did you not post this under one of your many existing aliases, Atlas?

Um, excuse me? all OTHER instances aside, here, all he did was set something up on ANOTHER service, THAT SERVICE is collecting money only from those who believe it's a good cause, and that service gives money to OTHER people. I don't see "Atlas" begging for, or receiving, any money. As certain someone would say, "check your premises"  Grin
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 06:05:01 AM

As certain someone would say, "check your premises"  Grin

Grin
Jalum

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 03:38:05 PM

Um, excuse me? all OTHER instances aside, here, all he did was set something up on ANOTHER service, THAT SERVICE is collecting money only from those who believe it's a good cause, and that service gives money to OTHER people. I don't see "Atlas" begging for, or receiving, any money. As certain someone would say, "check your premises"  Grin

He's soliciting for money to be sent to a "project" under his control.  For the tenth or so time.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 05:30:58 PM

He's soliciting for money to be sent to a "project" under his control.  For the tenth or so time.

He gets involved in a lot of projects. That's a good thing. In general the things for which he requests donations are worthy and relevant to people. I don't see the problem.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2011, 05:56:54 PM

But here he is not in control of the money. At most he is in control of an idea. If you don't like the idea, don't support it. Those who do will (for the record, I don't). It's as if your dislike for him is so extreme, you don't even think about it any more, and just reach the same exact conclusions every time on autopilot.
BitMagic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 07:36:01 PM

But here he is not in control of the money. At most he is in control of an idea. If you don't like the idea, don't support it. Those who do will (for the record, I don't). It's as if your dislike for him is so extreme, you don't even think about it any more, and just reach the same exact conclusions every time on autopilot.

I have an idea! I'm going to make a portable card-reader for bitcoin. You should send this collection service bitcoins for this idea, and they'll forward it along to the idea-creator. Don't worry, it's all going to the idea.

Please give me your money, because I am a shameless libertarian elite who deserves your money more than you do: 9Hkao8U82WWDp6SQGn4k7ad9gT1LWeL5s3
Harvey (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 07:40:39 PM

I have an idea! I'm going to make a portable card-reader for bitcoin. You should send this collection service bitcoins for this idea, and they'll forward it along to the idea-creator. Don't worry, it's all going to the idea.

I find myself curious about the vague meaning in this.
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 07:43:22 PM

While Atlas has failed in many endeavors, making an ad campaign on feedzebirds cannot possibly fail, and might even have an effect.  He actually went and did something, and nobody should point and laugh at him for doing so.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: