Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:31:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid-19 booster  (Read 561 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2022, 03:58:03 PM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

News flash:  regurgitating some ridiculous talking point about the VAERS database didn't make it vanish.  Cry me a river.

It's not a talking point, it's literally a disclaimer that comes with the database.

You seem like the type of person who reads the warning on a plastic bag, puts it on their head because fuck warnings, and screams bloody murder.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BernyJB (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 190

View Profile
January 27, 2022, 04:02:05 PM

Cnut237 and o_e_l_e_o: you're both trying to reason with people that are unable (and unwilling) to do so.

Yes, I know. The problem fundamentally is that their position is faith-based, so is immune to logical argument.

Faith? Faith may be ignorant, but it's basically well intended. These people, to quote a Batman movie: "they just wanna watch the place burn"...

As a suggestion, so you don't waste your time like that anymore, the "ignore" function works very well on this forum.  Cool

I don't mind. I like engaging with people who have different viewpoints; it helps me to challenge my own assumptions. And it can be entertaining as well as infuriating.

Yep, it was infuriating to me. I feel better now. Smiley
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
January 27, 2022, 04:30:21 PM

VAERS reminds me of the early modeling in the pandemic, where the statistical models convinced everyone they were going to die of COVID. Not that the models were incorrect, they're just mathematical systems that are dependent on the data that it's given. The way most countries are handling their data is aggregating all the components of an individual (vax status, age, comorbidities) and submitting that information for collection to the government, directly sourced from the hospitals.

Israel, Denmark, UK and their NHS are doing a good job at keeping any extra noise away from the stats. Though as I've long said, the data generally operates as a function of testing. The more testing there is, the larger account for asymptomatic/mildly symptomatic individuals there are, so the stats begin to skew away from death and despair.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2022, 04:41:45 PM

Why do you want to boost Covid? I thought the idea was to gain protection from it. The pseudo-vaccines and mask wearing certain boost your infection,but I prefer to stay disease free, and hopefully I can live for another 80 years.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
January 27, 2022, 05:28:51 PM

the early modeling in the pandemic, where the statistical models convinced everyone they were going to die of COVID. Not that the models were incorrect, they're just mathematical systems that are dependent on the data that it's given.

I think the thing that created panic was that people don't understand what predictive modelling is. These models are of course based on all sorts of assumptions and best guesses - particularly early on - but nuances and qualifications aren't a good fit with the mainstream media channels, where everything has to be presented as breathless hyperbole. So people weren't given details of the models and how they worked and what assumptions were made, they were simply given the headline of 'model says 10 million will die' or similar, utterly divested of context.

Israel, Denmark, UK and their NHS are doing a good job at keeping any extra noise away from the stats. Though as I've long said, the data generally operates as a function of testing. The more testing there is, the larger account for asymptomatic/mildly symptomatic individuals there are, so the stats begin to skew away from death and despair.

UK stats are pretty good, yes. But yes, you're right, if people are more likely to be tested when they're symptomatic, then it doesn't tell us as much as it could about asymptomatic infection. We can make certain inferences, but it's not as accurate as it would be if everyone was tested (and reported the results) every day.

PreciousH

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2022, 12:09:48 PM

I got covid-19 booster and am still alive. But few problems I have noticed such as mild fever and sore throat. After taking medicine, I feels better.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
January 29, 2022, 08:34:29 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Alright, just got my booster (Moderna) yesterday in the afternoon. I just want to let you guys know I'm still alive (really, I am), and, so far:

• I have not grown horns, nor long, pointy canines.
  • I still don't have an eye in the middle of my forehead (it'd make wearing glasses kinda difficult).
  • I don't feel any special craving for blood, brains or the like (a pizza slice or two would be nice, though).
  • Did not see any scratches on my bedroom wall (might need to wait on a full moon for that one).
  • I don't seem to be any dumber than I was yesterday.

So I was wondering how many of you did get the booster and survived, and which side effects have you noticed?

In my case, I've got nothing. No fever (well, if we're gonna be rigorous, my fever did go up 0.2° C), no aches, nothing. Today I have some minor discomfort at the injection site, but that's it.

So, what about it? Only survivors please. If you died, you don't need to reply. Thank you.  Smiley
I was to receive the third dose in early February, however, I got infected the last day of December and was told that I can't have the third dose till late March - early April.

I'm surprised that you had no symptoms whatsoever, at least with Pfizer, I've read that third dose had similar side effects with the second one. At least for myself, I had a mild fever and a felt off for the whole day, I expect to have the same ones when I also receive the third dose.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BernyJB (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2022, 01:12:07 PM

Ok, here's an update to this very informative thread: curiously enough, I'm still very much alive and kicking.
No horns, no third eye, no weird cravings, my arm didn't fall off. Nothing. I'm starting to feel embarrassed... Sad

I was to receive the third dose in early February, however, I got infected the last day of December and was told that I can't have the third dose till late March - early April.

I'm surprised that you had no symptoms whatsoever, at least with Pfizer, I've read that third dose had similar side effects with the second one. At least for myself, I had a mild fever and a felt off for the whole day, I expect to have the same ones when I also receive the third dose.

Yeah, a friend of mine (four actually, the whole family) had covid last year, and some time needs to pass before you get the vaccine.
The way I see it, it depends on how your body reacts to it. The day and a half after I got the first dose was a nightmare. I got over 40° C fever, everything hurt, I was sweating like a pig, etc. The second dose, I had a slight fever, for maybe 30 minutes to an hour, and now, nothing. My arm was sore for a couple of days, but, other than that, I'm good...
lumbanrang

Activity: 361
Merit: 10

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
February 01, 2022, 01:38:33 PM

I've had 2 doses of the vaccine a few months ago. Only felt a little fever on the first injection, but on the second injection, there were no side effects. But right now I have no thoughts of getting a booster vaccine, which is where the government says it is important to be able to get a booster vaccine to prevent omicron variants. I rely more on the natural immunity of my body to be able to fight the next variants and so far I'm still fine.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
February 01, 2022, 09:13:35 PM

Ok, here's an update to this very informative thread: curiously enough, I'm still very much alive and kicking.
No horns, no third eye, no weird cravings, my arm didn't fall off. Nothing. I'm starting to feel embarrassed... Sad

Yeah, a friend of mine (four actually, the whole family) had covid last year, and some time needs to pass before you get the vaccine.
The way I see it, it depends on how your body reacts to it. The day and a half after I got the first dose was a nightmare. I got over 40° C fever, everything hurt, I was sweating like a pig, etc. The second dose, I had a slight fever, for maybe 30 minutes to an hour, and now, nothing. My arm was sore for a couple of days, but, other than that, I'm good...
I was pretty confident that I'll have no symptoms on the second dose, not only because I didn't have a single symptom during my first shot, but also since I'm rarely affected by anything (fever, headaches etc.), only to later realize how wrong I was. It struck me like a lightning, somewhere after midday of the next day, suddenly developed a 38.5C+ fever, drowsiness, felt dead on the inside out.

Slept through the rest of the day (bye bye day off) and was okay, I bet I'll have something similar on the booster shot in a few months, I'm certainly going to lose my day off dying in bed.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
PreciousH

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 02, 2022, 12:46:50 PM

Yes, i had a booster recently last month. I have some mild fever and sore throat. But after taking a dose, the problem is solved. It depends on human's body. Some are getting a mild fever and some not.
TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1436

View Profile
February 02, 2022, 01:00:33 PM

What kind of problem you have solved? Cheesy Updated your vaccine certificate validity date? If you think that having a vaccine or booster saves you from covid, then I have bad news for you. When was the last time you have seen daily covid case statistics? Does the part "among confirmed cases  <insert number> were vaccinated" bother you? It wont be a surprise, if you dont have symptoms and make a covid test, that your results will be positive. You are still a ticking bomb.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
BernyJB (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2022, 03:40:08 PM
Merited by Cnut237 (2), vapourminer (1)

What kind of problem you have solved? Cheesy .....//.....Does the part "among confirmed cases  <insert number> were vaccinated" bother you?

Not at all. I fully understand since the first day (years before, actually) vaccines don't have 100% efficacy. Nothing does, actually.
However, I also understand having the vaccines (ALL of them, not only against covid) greatly increases my chances of fighting the disease if I do get infected. True, I'm still a ticking bomb, and I will be until the moment I die. But when I do, I prefer not to die out of idiocy.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 02, 2022, 07:54:45 PM
Merited by Foxpup (1), vapourminer (1)

What kind of problem you have solved? Cheesy Updated your vaccine certificate validity date? If you think that having a vaccine or booster saves you from covid, then I have bad news for you. When was the last time you have seen daily covid case statistics? Does the part "among confirmed cases  <insert number> were vaccinated" bother you? It wont be a surprise, if you dont have symptoms and make a covid test, that your results will be positive. You are still a ticking bomb.

"among confirmed cases  <insert number> were vaccinated" is, by itself, utterly irrelevant. You need to consider the number of confirmed cases as a proportion of total people vaccinated, and then compare that with number of confirmed cases amongst unvaccinated people as a proportion of total unvaccinated people.

If you live in a society where say 90% of people are vaccinated, then you'd expect most people who contract the virus to be vaccinated, even if vaccines largely prevent infection. This is basic maths. You may find the first visualisation on this page useful.

Example:
100 infections: 80 of these people are vaccinated, 20 are not.
But if 90% of the population is vaccinated, this means that vaccines protect against infection.

The actual data show that vaccines are protective against severe symptoms, yes, and this is the most important factor... but the vaccines are also protective to an extent against infection.

TopTort777
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2022, 10:22:49 AM

What kind of problem you have solved? Cheesy Updated your vaccine certificate validity date? If you think that having a vaccine or booster saves you from covid, then I have bad news for you. When was the last time you have seen daily covid case statistics? Does the part "among confirmed cases  <insert number> were vaccinated" bother you? It wont be a surprise, if you dont have symptoms and make a covid test, that your results will be positive. You are still a ticking bomb.

"among confirmed cases  <insert number> were vaccinated" is, by itself, utterly irrelevant. You need to consider the number of confirmed cases as a proportion of total people vaccinated, and then compare that with number of confirmed cases amongst unvaccinated people as a proportion of total unvaccinated people.

If you live in a society where say 90% of people are vaccinated, then you'd expect most people who contract the virus to be vaccinated, even if vaccines largely prevent infection. This is basic maths. You may find the first visualisation on this page useful.

Example:
100 infections: 80 of these people are vaccinated, 20 are not.
But if 90% of the population is vaccinated, this means that vaccines protect against infection.

The actual data show that vaccines are protective against severe symptoms, yes, and this is the most important factor... but the vaccines are also protective to an extent against infection.

I know math, you dont have to post that wall of text here. Instead you would better explain PreciousH that being vaccinated wont make him immune or safe from covid. Both vaccinated/boostered and non vaccinated people in age are dying. Both categories of people get infected. Everything depends on the health condition of a person. Vaccine only gives access to traveling, entering shops and working in team. If not these benefits, I would not even get close to vaccine.

What kind of problem you have solved? Cheesy .....//.....Does the part "among confirmed cases  <insert number> were vaccinated" bother you?

Not at all. I fully understand since the first day (years before, actually) vaccines don't have 100% efficacy. Nothing does, actually.
However, I also understand having the vaccines (ALL of them, not only against covid) greatly increases my chances of fighting the disease if I do get infected. True, I'm still a ticking bomb, and I will be until the moment I die. But when I do, I prefer not to die out of idiocy.

Why do you reply on the post addressed to PreciousH, like it was address to you?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
February 03, 2022, 10:33:25 AM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

Both vaccinated/boostered and non vaccinated people in age are dying.
Latest data from the US:

Fully vaccinated: 0.1 deaths per 100,000
Unvaccinated: 10 deaths per 100,000

100x more likely to die if you are unvaxxed.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 03, 2022, 10:52:50 AM

Latest data from the US:

Preserved (in full with the outstanding source links and other useful info) for posterity.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
TopTort777
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2022, 12:19:33 PM

Latest data from the US:

Latest data from my country:

10 000 cases daily. Among them 7k will be vaccinated, 3k unvaccinated. I am from a small country, where daily from covid dies 30-40 people. According to stats among fatal outcome, every third or fourth was vaccinated.

I am not trying to prove that variability that unvaccinated catch covid less probably, but to show that both "are not saved" and if you take a vaccine, "your covid problem is not solved". After getting a vaccine you cant take off mask and let infected people cough right in your mouth.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2022, 01:06:36 PM

Latest data from my country:

10 000 cases daily. Among them 7k will be vaccinated, 3k unvaccinated. I am from a small country, where daily from covid dies 30-40 people. According to stats among fatal outcome, every third or fourth was vaccinated.

These numbers are meaningless. Do yourself a favor, find numbers per capita by vaccination status, better yet if it includes age group as well.

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
February 03, 2022, 01:53:34 PM

Preserved (in full with the outstanding source links and other useful info) for posterity.
I'm always a big fan of how anti-vaxxers completely fail to present a single shred of evidence for any of your bullshit and just expect people to believe your provably false claims at face value, and then get pissy (pun intended, since we know anti-vaxxers like to drink their own urine) at others when challenged. Given how easy it is to find such data, why are you suddenly finding it so difficult to dO yOuR oWn ReSeArCh? Lmao.

Still, here you go:

Look forward to whatever bIg PhArMa FuDgEd ThE nUmBeRs bullshit you use to explain away this.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: