Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:18:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gox to Announce they found 670,000 btc?  (Read 7524 times)
Dr. Sekxy

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:35:44 AM

Mt. Gox is not going anywhere until the Tokyo District Court and the Tokyo Metropolitan Police are through with it.

Nah, they have only made an application. They can just cancel the application. Court has 0 power if they now come out and say we are being acquired and everyone will be made whole.

All of Karpeles shit has been siezed. the gig is up

source?
His ass.  He pulls this shit out of his ass.  It's where most information here comes from.

nice one captain

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bananahoho

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:18:16 PM

It is an inside job! If the FBI investigation into the case, fear and spit it out. 200000 of the money, you just throw it away, you find find, this is a joke?

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:24:28 PM

We need the truth, not hide, not cheat.
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:38:56 PM

So, does the latest announcement regarding police involvement have any bearing on the likelihood that they have found these coins?

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:27:31 PM

Well, what if they intentionally created this whole story about coins being stolen. They sell coins just before they went down, BTC price crashed, they buy back their coins at lower price and then say everything is fine, we found the coins. Result, ENORMOUS PROFIT. Mastermind scam.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Zooey

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:45:24 PM

Do take into account that this is just an exercise in rumour milling.

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:16:44 PM

No Gox wont come back.

I doubt anyone wants to be tied to that name or their horrible system.  Would you use a new Gox service,  if so then why after all the fuck ups gox has had, even if its under new management... why ?  there are plenty of other options nowadays.

As far as Macau opening up to bitcoin  ,  obviously there are companies in the works for doing something out there. Otherwise people wouldn't be talking about it on twitter like they are. 

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
Zooey

Activity: 241

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:23:46 PM

I doubt anyone wants to be tied to that name or their horrible system.  Would you use a new Gox service,  if so then why after all the fuck ups gox has had, even if its under new management... why ? 

There are means by which a bona fide exchange can demonstrate 'trustability' (meh) beyond brand/reputation/heresay;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=22929.msg5286474#msg5286474

Kraken, it appears, are the first(?) mover to do just this;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=22929.msg5881541#msg5881541

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
Imerman2

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:14:16 AM

I don't really get the point: you guys are saying that if the coins will be found, then Bitcoin exchange rate will immediately raise. But how come? 670000 coins are a big deal, at least 100000 of them will be on markets again, hence the exchange rate will sink for a few days. Or I am wrong?

It can only fall, there is no other option. If most people keep the coins the price remains the same, if most sell the price goes to 1 dollar.

Yes the world has a lack of fiat to buy any of those coins.

It seems you don't understand the basica rules of market. The current price is what it is without those coins, how can the price go up? coins will buy coins?

The rules of price are supply and demand, not supply. 
Imerman2

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:18:35 AM

Well, what if they intentionally created this whole story about coins being stolen. They sell coins just before they went down, BTC price crashed, they buy back their coins at lower price and then say everything is fine, we found the coins. Result, ENORMOUS PROFIT. Mastermind scam.
Incredibly illegal due to insider trading, the only people who could have pulled that off are governments who wanted to trick the Bitcoin market into a bust to buy at low prices.  This whole thing is weird though, the only people that can request BTC from Gox are verified users and that fact makes this really weird.  I invested probably way too large of a percentage of my "real" coins for "Gox" coins because none of this shit made sense, and it still doesn't.  We'll have to wait and see.
btc237ftw

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:50:30 AM

check this thread - VERY related imo:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=537772.0

So, to sum this up... it looks more and more like there is/was a federal investigation that allowed authorities to both Gag order gox and also freeze their bitcoins. Now, for the GAG order to actually work, there needed to be a cover story - and the TID was a the mechanism to blame for everything, while the investigation is underway. IMO this is related to silk road/s.

If what I said is correct, then almost all of the Bitcoins should be "found" and it fits well what Mark said... the bitcoins are not lost - just temporarily unavailable. He put a link to a site called "gag" and a directory named gag on that almost same note.

So imo that's what's going on, but I could be MILES off, as there are many questions marks about this whole thing - as you would expect there be if this is the case anyway.
Imerman2

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:23:42 AM

check this thread - VERY related imo:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=537772.0

So, to sum this up... it looks more and more like there is/was a federal investigation that allowed authorities to both Gag order gox and also freeze their bitcoins. Now, for the GAG order to actually work, there needed to be a cover story - and the TID was a the mechanism to blame for everything, while the investigation is underway. IMO this is related to silk road/s.

If what I said is correct, then almost all of the Bitcoins should be "found" and it fits well what Mark said... the bitcoins are not lost - just temporarily unavailable. He put a link to a site called "gag" and a directory named gag on that almost same note.

So imo that's what's going on, but I could be MILES off, as there are many questions marks about this whole thing - as you would expect there be if this is the case anyway.

It seems very related to Silk Road, and recent posts at SR point that they are directly related, remember these are simply posts by people well-known within the Silk Road community and cannot be verified, but apparently someone claimed to have found the Silk Road hacker and posted their personal identification information online to try and scare them into returning the coins.  They also claimed this person was behind the attacks on Gox, Stamp, BTC-e, etc although I am unsure what exactly they are trying to say he accomplished with that, as they said malleability can't steal coins, but they say he stole something.  Link http://www.deepdotweb.com/2014/02/18/alleged-silk-road-2-0-hacker-doxxed/

The whole situation is really messed up no matter what the real story is.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:59:19 AM

If, by some miracle after claiming all bitcoins were stolen, MtGox finds most or all of the 'missing' bitcoins and starts trading again, I hope no one in the bitcoin community ever does business with them again.  In any way, shape, or form.  It's a company that claimed 200k of bitcoins were stolen, then oops, found them underneath the couch they haven't checked for 2.5 years.  Maybe I'm being harsh, but it doesn't sound like a company I would trust with my money. 
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:02:31 PM

If, by some miracle after claiming all bitcoins were stolen, MtGox finds most or all of the 'missing' bitcoins and starts trading again, I hope no one in the bitcoin community ever does business with them again.  In any way, shape, or form.  It's a company that claimed 200k of bitcoins were stolen, then oops, found them underneath the couch they haven't checked for 2.5 years.  Maybe I'm being harsh, but it doesn't sound like a company I would trust with my money.  

OTOH, let's say gox returns to business during April. What's the chance they will do the same trick again during 2014? What's the chance some other exchange will do it during the same period? Some people will still trust gox due to this perceived probabilities.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: