Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:37:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Russia will threaten cyber warefare?  (Read 79 times)
titular (OP)

Activity: 287
Merit: 363

"Stop using proprietary software."

View Profile
January 29, 2022, 08:15:46 PM

The situation between Russia and Ukraine has been something many of you have been following.

Many people are set on the idea that Russia will never invade Ukraine because of the repercussions from other global powers. The United States has already issues a warning of sanctions should Russia invade Ukraine.

However, some have speculated that Russia could retaliate in the form of cyber attacks in the light of any sanctions. These attacks would likely be focused on key infrastructure throughout the country(ies). This includes water systems, power grids, military comms systems, and whole lot more.

We all saw the cyber attacks on Ukrainian infrastructure a while back. The damage they were able to cause through those "practice" runs were just a taste of what they could potentially do in future attacks.

I'm not saying we bend over and allow them to do as they please, but I do believe we need to take into consideration how they could retaliate if we decide to start slapping them with sanctions.

It has been revealed that United States infrastructure severely lacks counter measures for cyber attacks. While there are companies and organizations looking to get this fixed, I believe it needs to be treated with a stronger sense of urgency.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Konfusioon

Activity: 71
Merit: 33

freedom is nothing but a chance to be better

View Profile
January 29, 2022, 08:41:46 PM

Cyberwarfare has been in Russias tool box for a while. It has already been used against Ukraine and no doubt it will be used again. I do believe that as a result of sanctions cyber attacks could follow. Although it is unlikely that it would be seriously targeted against the US. Some government pages could get taken down temporarily, but a serious and impactful attack against US would be too costly and achieve too little. The difference here is that a small-scale attack could easily be denied. A cordinated attack would just risk bringing US more strongly into the conflict where Russia does not want the US to be in the first place.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
January 29, 2022, 08:55:58 PM

Wouldn't seem worth it for Russia to launch cyber attacks against the US when they've said they won't get involved IMO. Doesn't make sense to poke a bear with a stick, especially when Russia has oil as leverage against the European countries.
cmg777

Activity: 478
Merit: 66

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2022, 11:55:22 AM

Its possible that Russia would threaten cyber warfare particularly with Ukraine should the United States or their allies attack Russia physically. I'd say that the chances for this being a false flag would be greater though against the direct interests of the United States. If the US power grid goes down then you should ask yourself why didn't Russia play this card sooner? There has been reduced relations with Russia when Trump came into office because he had to posture that he was not a Russian agent. When in fact the greater threat to the world is the growing Chinese influence thereof. I'd say if the US power grid goes down then it would be by insider bad actors that want to bring the US to its knees for greater power and influence. If this occurs there will be greater internet censorship and more draconian policies and measures put into place that would make the measures from the COVID pandemic look like a walk in the park.

titular (OP)

Activity: 287
Merit: 363

"Stop using proprietary software."

View Profile
February 01, 2022, 04:17:28 PM

Its possible that Russia would threaten cyber warfare particularly with Ukraine should the United States or their allies attack Russia physically. I'd say that the chances for this being a false flag would be greater though against the direct interests of the United States. If the US power grid goes down then you should ask yourself why didn't Russia play this card sooner? There has been reduced relations with Russia when Trump came into office because he had to posture that he was not a Russian agent. When in fact the greater threat to the world is the growing Chinese influence thereof. I'd say if the US power grid goes down then it would be by insider bad actors that want to bring the US to its knees for greater power and influence. If this occurs there will be greater internet censorship and more draconian policies and measures put into place that would make the measures from the COVID pandemic look like a walk in the park.

The thing is I can't see either of those nations physically attacking the Russian homeland. What I am saying is that the sanctions will provoke cyber attacks from Russia. I don't think any country in this scenario would be foolish enough to mount a ground assault on enemy soil. It almost feels like political suicide at this point.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
February 02, 2022, 12:48:09 AM

They don't need to threaten anything. All they will do is cut the phone line altogether if war erupts and you will be using smoke signals to for your next zoom meeting.

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: