I have been promoting BitcoinSpinner
to a number of friends lately. It goes something like this:
1. Me: Hey, wanna try out Bitcoin?
2. Dude: Sure, what do I do?
3. Me: Download BitcoinSpinner
from the Android Market
4. Dude: (takes less than a minute to download, install, and power up): Done.
5. Me: Let me scan that QR code of yours and send you 3 Bitcoins
6. Dude: (5 seconds later): My app says that they are already in transit.
7. Me: Yes, and in 10 minutes you can repeat what I just did with the next guy you meet, or spend them on whatever.
This entire process takes one or two minutes, which is really great for an introduction. However here comes the interesting part.
8. Dude: Well... sounds interesting, but what can I spend my 3 BTC on?
9. Me: Erhm... Well... I don't know.
This is where I don't really have a good answer. To have a great introduction it should end with a real purchase of something that you would want to buy.
Please help me come up with a good answer in item 9. It should cost one or two BTC, and should preferrably be something you can buy immediately just by scanning a QR code on for instance a web-page, I am looking for something like an online news paper, or some music. I am not really sure if there are any products you can buy at this price.
1 BTC bounty for the best (reasonable) suggestion.