Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:31:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal freezes Regretsys christmas-for-kids account  (Read 3111 times)
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 12:06:24 AM

Thanks, found it. added my downvote.

Don't be a bitch and downvote just because you disagree.  Reply instead with a link to bit-pay or something useful.  Censoring people sure isn't gonna change their mind.

strong words there, m8..

"Bitcoins are not happening, what with only the diehard true believers still using them."

That statement is not an openeing to advert something. It is a basless statement made by someone who has a stick in their ass and is not going to change their mind. period.  If it were a genuine criticism I would do just what you suggested.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Revalin

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 12:47:05 AM

strong words there, m8..

It's a strong opinion.  I apologize for the overly-harsh choice of words, though.

That statement is not an openeing to advert something. It is a basless statement made by someone who has a stick in their ass and is not going to change their mind. period.  If it were a genuine criticism I would do just what you suggested.

That's fair.  I'd still think someone ought to point out that accepting coins costs them nothing and could bring in some no-strings-attached donations.  Where Regretsy take it from there is up to them.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 03:24:42 AM

The main problem is merchant acceptance.  Or, of course, you could tell them to take their bitcoins to mtgox, sell them, withdraw (HAVE FUN DOING THAT), then pay some merchant.  By then it's January already.

(BFL)^2 < 0
rotrott

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 02:33:04 PM

More backlash against paypal:  http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/06/paypal-account-freeze/
johnj (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 08:04:09 PM

A small update here http://www.regretsy.com/2011/12/06/sooner-or-later-youll-pay-pal/

An interesting snippit, where bitcoin could shine,

"That’s not just bad for me, it’s bad for anyone who uses Paypal. Because as long as policies are this ambiguous, people will come up against this kind of crap and see their assets frozen. How many of them are going to be able to ratchet up the public shaming that was handed out in the last 24 hours?

And I think we all know that Paypal’s apologies and reversals were motivated by the intense scrutiny they’ve been subjected to. If I were Sally’s Soap Shack, I would be waiting out that six month hold right now and wondering how to make Ramen noodles taste like Christmas ham."

and

They have also offered me the opportunity of doing unlimited business without fees through the end of the year. It’s really the only way I’d use them at this point, since they won’t be getting anything from me.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: