Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:00:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SUGARCHAIN] - Why so much discrepencies with the price of the coin ?  (Read 46 times)
Apyminer (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2022, 04:52:05 PM

Hey there,

I had started to mine SUGARCHAIN lately and I found some exchanges to trade it, but I was surprised the rates applied by the exchange platform when I was checking the price.

So I am using coingecko for the price of SUGAR and as I was surprised by the rates displayed on the exchanges I decided to check the price on other platforms like nomics for instance.

And clearly there are massive discrepencies on the price for this coin. Between those 2 agregators it can be double...

So simple question:  Where is the real reference rate for SUGARCHAIN coin  Huh

In a more generic way, what would be the best coin price agregator for any coin using yespower algorithm for mining ?  (yenten, urx, sugar, microbt etc ...)  Roll Eyes

Thanks in advance for ant input.

Bonus question: Why the platform would have different prices ?  I think SUGAR doesn't een have a price on coin market cap...
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 04, 2022, 05:50:11 PM

Because this nowhere coin doesnt even have $6 in 24hr volume worldwide.

Thus it is nothing.  And thus price is manipulated with any transaction.

$5.98 total volume....  WTF thats not a crypto coin....thats worthless bits.
Apyminer (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2022, 06:03:26 PM

Because this nowhere coin doesnt even have $6 in 24hr volume worldwide.

Thus it is nothing.  And thus price is manipulated with any transaction.

$5.98 total volume....  WTF thats not a crypto coin....thats worthless bits.

What you want to say is that coins with lower volume shouldn't even be quoted by no mean by none of the platform then ?  But it doesn't seem to be the case...

Anyway there must be a reference price for the coin somewhere otherwise it wouldn't make any sense to have a price here, another one there and another one another place....
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 04, 2022, 08:33:46 PM
Merited by Toughit (1)

Look at the stats:

nomics lists an exchange (exbitron) that is tiny....literally $1 worth of sugar traded.  exbitron has under $7500 total daily volume all trading...so its not a reliable exchange or market.

Gecko doesnt list them but does list Altmarkets which nomics also shows but is even smaller than ebitron.

Because these are fringe / tiny exchanges without any real markets the price is always going to be crazy off..

Truth is there is practically no market for sugarchain thus price variance is to be expected....lack of market = lack of real data.
Apyminer (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2022, 10:41:42 PM

Look at the stats:

nomics lists an exchange (exbitron) that is tiny....literally $1 worth of sugar traded.  exbitron has under $7500 total daily volume all trading...so its not a reliable exchange or market.

Gecko doesnt list them but does list Altmarkets which nomics also shows but is even smaller than ebitron.

Because these are fringe / tiny exchanges without any real markets the price is always going to be crazy off..

Truth is there is practically no market for sugarchain thus price variance is to be expected....lack of market = lack of real data.

Copy that. Thanks for enlightment here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: