Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:56:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any way to use old CPU i3 6100T on TB360-BTC PRO 2.0?  (Read 85 times)
PolishBaldEagle (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2022, 01:46:12 PM

Motherboard shows CPU compatibility in the 8th and 9th generation. Currently won’t post with the 6100T cpu. Any bios where this cpu may be supported? Otherwise I’ll need to purchase some 8th gen
LostEcho

Activity: 75
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 06, 2022, 02:48:38 PM

Isn't 6100T CPU a 6th gen CPU? If the motherboard is a 8th and 9th gen mobo then you are doing the right thing, find the right CPU and install it, alright I made a little research now and I found out it's a LGA1151 mobo (8th and 9th) gen CPU only compatible.

▀█✘██✘██✘█▄     BlockX     ▀█✘██✘██✘█▄
✘✘✘ Digital Assets Settlement & Payment on Blockchain ✘✘✘
✘✘✘blockxnet.com✘✘✘
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
February 06, 2022, 03:41:44 PM

Motherboard shows CPU compatibility in the 8th and 9th generation. Currently won’t post with the 6100T cpu. Any bios where this cpu may be supported? Otherwise I’ll need to purchase some 8th gen

Lol you write a post here, you tried out but you are to lazy to look in the cpu support list?
If a mainboard has compatibility to newer generation means not it support all cpu´s. Look in the CPU compatibility list and you don´t see your cpu. In my opinion before you start with mining learn some basics.

https://www.biostar-europe.com/app/de/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=927#cpusupport

It takes 10 seconds to find this information. Leave mining is a better choice for you.

Isn't 6100T CPU a 6th gen CPU? If the motherboard is a 8th and 9th gen mobo then you are doing the right thing, find the right CPU and install it, alright I made a little research now and I found out it's a LGA1151 mobo (8th and 9th) gen CPU only compatible.

You do a little research? And why you didn´t look in the CPU support list? Dudes how complicated you are working  Roll Eyes
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 06, 2022, 04:44:16 PM

you people so funny. i3 6100T 6gen cpu and it is compitable with H110 H170 ​B150 Z170 and B250 Z270
and you B360 is compitable with 8 and 9gen cpus 8100 or 9100 or celeron and pentium on that gen
if lga same it doesnt mean it will work it is intels miracles that gives with every new gen cpus and chipsets Smiley
CryptoATM

Activity: 368
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 06, 2022, 06:30:20 PM

i3 6100T should work on that motherboard since it's LGA1151, if yours is not working look closely for any bent pin in the CPU slot or maybe you have a bad CPU it is.
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 06, 2022, 08:17:52 PM

Here is an idea (same as above user in europe posted)

Let’s check the motherboard makers website with the list of cpus that actually work in the motherboard:

https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=1031#cpusupport

Please note the 6100T is not listed so i would not expect it to work.  YMMV

Just becuase the socket is the same doesnt mean it is supported or will work.

PolishBaldEagle (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2022, 11:24:21 PM

Lol you write a post here, you tried out but you are to lazy to look in the cpu support list?
If a mainboard has compatibility to newer generation means not it support all cpu´s. Look in the CPU compatibility list and you don´t see your cpu. In my opinion before you start with mining learn some basics.

https://www.biostar-europe.com/app/de/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=927#cpusupport

It takes 10 seconds to find this information. Leave mining is a better choice for you.

You do a little research? And why you didn´t look in the CPU support list? Dudes how complicated you are working  Roll Eyes

Lol… I did go on the site and did look at CPU compatibility… and if you understood what I wrote, I basically stated that I know it’s not compatible, but is there a bios firmware workaround… similar to how one would update their bios to support NEWER CPUs, didn’t know if going backwards is compatible too

Also, maybe interpreting posts and adding value to posts rather than tryin to build your post count is a better option for you
JayDDee

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
February 07, 2022, 12:13:56 AM

Quote from: PolishBaldEagle
I basically stated that I know it’s not compatible

You stated no such thing.

If it's supported by a BIOS update it means it's compatible. It isn't because it isn't.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: