Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:09:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any way to shut off all Riser LED’s??  (Read 382 times)
PolishBaldEagle (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2022, 06:54:14 PM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

These riser LED’s are bright AF! Seriously considering just desoldering them and replacing them with darker ones or something. Would rather just have them off since the rig is in my ventilated closet
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Crypt0Gore

Activity: 854
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 08, 2022, 07:06:06 PM

This option is available in hiveOS, saw it one time I was settings up my RTX3060ti and 3070ti rig... On windows OS I don't know how.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                             █
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          █
            ▄▄████████▄▄     █
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄   █
          █████▀▀  ▀▀█████▄  █
          █████      ██████  █
          █████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀  █
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀   █
            ▀▀████████▀▀     █
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          █
█                             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
ROLLBOTS
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
   PLAY NOW   
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 08, 2022, 08:13:40 PM

Riser LED's cannot be shut off. 

Gpu leds can be in some cases.....

Not even Hive OS can shut off riser LEDs.

Only removing them or unpowering the riser works...but no power is not good for mining.

JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
February 08, 2022, 08:41:45 PM

I remember when lights were removed from computers because they were no longer useful.
They still aren't useful so why were they added back? [rhetorical]

waywoos2

Activity: 62
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2022, 09:06:30 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

a hammer works
PolishBaldEagle (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2022, 09:09:10 PM

Useful or not, they are so bright! It would be different if they were quite dim, but these small LED’s literally light up a room. Mind you, I’m just starting out with mining and have no other place to put my rig other than in the closet with the door left open. If I decide to scale (knowing me I probably will) then I won’t worry so much about the lights.

I suppose I’ll just have to de solder the LEDs and place a cap in there or some other SMD chip to bridge the connection
generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 08, 2022, 09:52:56 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

Just put a piece of electric tape over them

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
PolishBaldEagle (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 12:55:06 AM

Just put a piece of electric tape over them

Thought about that but dont know if it would impact heat dissipation from the motherboard. Ah screw it. Might as well put tape on it and if something fry’s, I’ll just end up fixing it
ccplz

Activity: 243
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 12:57:38 AM

a hammer works
a true visionary. i like your way of thinking
Pendrak

Activity: 208
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 03:36:36 AM

just test then with 12 volts Cheesy they burn nice.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 11:22:04 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2022, 11:45:25 AM by Vann
Merited by OgNasty (1)

They make riser without LED's:

The 009S risers only have a small 12V and 3.3V LED, not the obnoxious disco LEDS's the newer risers have.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002547003097.html?

The 006 risers have no LED's at all.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002311554513.html?

sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 11:47:53 AM

Useful or not, they are so bright! It would be different if they were quite dim, but these small LED’s literally light up a room. Mind you, I’m just starting out with mining and have no other place to put my rig other than in the closet with the door left open. If I decide to scale (knowing me I probably will) then I won’t worry so much about the lights.

I suppose I’ll just have to de solder the LEDs and place a cap in there or some other SMD chip to bridge the connection

Use dark tape if you have problems with the light  Cheesy
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2022, 12:04:20 PM

Use dark tape if you have problems with the light  Cheesy

You read my mind

I think in english the name is "insulating tape", that tape we use on electrical objects, wires etc
There's no risk and you can cut small pieces, put on led and the problem is solved, maybe you need to use 2 layers to block all the light

There's no way to deactivate via software, only removing the led from board

This:

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
deskless

Activity: 279

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 02:22:47 PM

The same with LEDs of GPUs and motherboards. Some GPUs for example 5700xt from Sapphire has a way to turn off using software but a lot of them for example RadeonVII I am unable to. It would be nice to have no lights whatsoever in mining rig except the one that is on ethernet port.
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 03:01:57 PM

The same with LEDs of GPUs and motherboards. Some GPUs for example 5700xt from Sapphire has a way to turn off using software but a lot of them for example RadeonVII I am unable to. It would be nice to have no lights whatsoever in mining rig except the one that is on ethernet port.

And why? I don´t understand this problems with the LED´s. Is it danger for your eyes? You sitting the whole day in front of your rig and watch how it runs?  Huh  Cheesy
deskless

Activity: 279

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 04:08:45 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2022, 09:33:04 PM by Mr. Big

And why? I don´t understand this problems with the LED´s. Is it danger for your eyes? You sitting the whole day in front of your rig and watch how it runs?  Huh  Cheesy
Well, everyone has their own setup. for me, the setup is in a spare room and in night just too much glow if someone has to use that room. Not a big issue but would be nice if there is less lights

a hammer works
never thought about that. It would be fine for the Risers because they don't have much resale but for GPUs this won't work
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 05:03:25 PM

LEDs are needed, because it is easy to determine the performance of the raiser from them. But the best resolving for video cards and raisers is the black insulating tape. 2 layers will save you from any light. But if the video cards are in a ventilated case, then the LEDs should not interfere.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
PolishBaldEagle (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 01:27:26 AM

LEDs are needed, because it is easy to determine the performance of the raiser from them. But the best resolving for video cards and raisers is the black insulating tape. 2 layers will save you from any light. But if the video cards are in a ventilated case, then the LEDs should not interfere.

But they obviously do interfere which is why I asked the question to begin with

They are, but not a frickin night clubs worth of lights. Only lights I care to see (if any for that matter) is a single power and status light, ethernet lights (those are actually dim), and maybe a dim status light on the riser (prefer non at all though)

THANK YOU!!! This is EXTREMELY helpful!

And why? I don´t understand this problems with the LED´s. Is it danger for your eyes? You sitting the whole day in front of your rig and watch how it runs?  Huh  Cheesy

It's a problem when I am trying to sleep. I have a small home with very limited space where I can keep my tech stuff so I had to settle by sticking the rig in the closet (and keeping it open so it doesnt burn up). Once we move outta this place, this LED issue wont matter as much

At least im not the only one
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 03:10:18 AM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

Yeah I had this issue in the past but it wasn’t with risers it was with Bitcoin ASICs and they were worse because they weren’t permanent solid like a riser LED they blinked consistently. I had them in my room and at night they drove me nuts.

Basically you can try tape but it will fly off due to the heat. So if that doesn’t work and you don’t want to desolder them one by one then use a black permanent marker. You will still see it somewhat but won’t be as bright as before.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
PolishBaldEagle (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 03:46:21 AM

Yeah I had this issue in the past but it wasn’t with risers it was with Bitcoin ASICs and they were worse because they weren’t permanent solid like a riser LED they blinked consistently. I had them in my room and at night they drove me nuts.

Basically you can try tape but it will fly off due to the heat. So if that doesn’t work and you don’t want to desolder them one by one then use a black permanent marker. You will still see it somewhat but won’t be as bright as before.

Yea, I've put electrical tape on electronics before (wait, what!?) and yea, it just peals off after some time. Never thought of using a permanent marker, ill give that a try now.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: