Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:39:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think this competition is fair? Bitcointalk Community Awards 2021
Yes, competition is fair - 14 (46.7%)
No, competition is not fair - 16 (53.3%)
Total Voters: 30

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think this competition is fair? Bitcointalk Community Awards 2021  (Read 997 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bitcoin SV (OP)

Activity: 626
Merit: 234

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 01:08:14 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2022, 07:36:58 AM by Bitcoin SV

it is more of a "thank you".
Sometime people giving away merit because they want to thank those voters for voting him and to be honest it's not really a big problem as they're only give 1-2 merits. You may want to check this thread 10th anniversary art contest
So why one voters receives these "thank-you", while other voters wasnt reciving that  "thank-you"?

Where is a fairness?

All "thank-you" goes to the farmers, while other deserving voters wasnt gets these "thank-you"

Do these merit-sourcers have some kind of bug in receiving notifications from other non-farm voters? Or does the system notifies them about farmers votes only?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cookdata

Activity: 938
Merit: 876

Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 10:48:25 AM

Do you think this competition is fair?
Bitcointalk Community Awards 2021

Honestly looking on these waking-up noname users voting for its high-ranked alts I doubt in fairness of this contest

This competition takes place with numerous violations of common sense

Concerned people actively donates the merits for those who vote in their favor

An election must be free and fair and I'm confident that it's going as it suppose to be, The entire mods are watching and if they are not satisfied, they would have alarmed the voting system.
The rule says a Voter must have earned 50 merits or be a Full member and believe after the whole voting, there will begin a transparent counting and full audit. Concerning participants meriting voters, I think they are just appreciating their voters for recognizing their efforts in the forum.

Permit me to ask you, Do you go out to vote during presidential elections? There is something called Influential voting behavior, it happens between peer groups, family, and friends, that's exactly what you noticed and makes you feel uncomfortable.

For example,
In the Scambuster nomination, I chose Ratimov because I am familiar with his thread until I notice everyone included lovesmayfamilis and you know what, They both deserve that nomination and I have to pick both of them in that category.

Bitcoin SV (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 11:30:22 PM

Can anybody tell me why merit-sourcers using its authorities in personal goals, in winning in that competition for example?

ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3007

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 12:53:25 AM

I think Loyce said it very well.  What else can be said really at this point?  (This thread makes me miss Tman). 

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Bitcoin SV (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 01:45:37 AM

I think Loyce said it very well.  What else can be said really at this point?
Loyce is not Thermos. I need official opinion of Thermos of this matter

I repeat
Can anybody tell me why merit-sourcers using its authorities in personal goals, in winning in that competition for example?
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16599

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2022, 10:19:07 AM

I need official opinion of Thermos of this matter
You have a better chance to get his attention if you send him a PM.

Have you seen this post?
Aside from that, if people complain about whether things deserve merit at all, then that's something to perhaps think about, but if you conclude that they're wrong, then that's that. You don't need to stress about it or defend yourself constantly. It's conceivable that someday you and I will end up disagreeing too much about this stuff and I'll remove your source status, but it's really not a big deal.
(click for full context)

Bitcoin SV (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 12:02:09 PM

That competition is a performance designed for the naive fools.

I know in advance that Ratimov will win in several categories. A secret bitcointalk apointee.
Ordinary people never win these false contests

The crowd eats this up
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3007

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 12:38:55 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2022, 04:37:39 PM by ChiBitCTy

I think Loyce said it very well.  What else can be said really at this point?
Loyce is not Thermos. I need official opinion of Thermos of this matter

I repeat

Well of course they aren’t Theymos. Loyce isn’t even human. First ever self aware AI. Thought that was common knowledge tbh.

Honestly I’m surprised you’re still active here after Satoshi / Craig Wright said he was never actually active on bitcointalk. So technically this whole site is a lie and of course not Satosh’s true vision.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Bitcoin SV (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 12:45:40 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2022, 01:09:50 PM by Bitcoin SV

So technically this whole site is a lie
No, some members are gorgeous. Franky1 for example speaking many right things

Loyce isn’t even human. First ever self aware AI. Thought that was common knowledge tbh.
He has no emotions because he doesnt want to spoil his trust. His tactics to remain neutral

Craig Wright said he was never actually active on bitcointalk
Offcourse CSW was never actually active on this hostile to he forum. That's what promoters are for.

3. How did you get on the forum?
BSV Promoter
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2022, 01:59:11 PM

I know in advance that Ratimov will win in several categories.
So that's what this is really about?

Bitcoin SV (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 01:40:11 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2022, 02:10:53 AM by Bitcoin SV

I know in advance that Ratimov will win in several categories.
So that's what this is really about?
it's too late to shout about honesty of this forum

You have already fight off desire of honest people from participating in this circus.

Prepare your money for Ratimov. It's clear in advance that he will win by using his merit-sourcer's authorities

Coming soon, Ratimov will win all these moneys using his merit-sourcer's authorities
0.005 BTC from Chipmixer + 0.005 BTC from Bestchange + 0.05 BTC from sportsbet

All people who received merit from him in this contest should be redtagged & distusted. Ratimov have created an incentive to vote for him which is unfair game. Ratimov is a person interested in winning & has merit-sourcer's authorities which is using in unfair purposes. It defies all common sense. Oh my god, what a world, what world...

Why are you being so serious? It's nothing but having some fun competition. I didn’t get what make you create this thread TBH. For me, the competition is something people would enjoy, look for the winner & forget after few days. It's very possible to manipulate. Don't take it too seriously.
Why so serious? Why so serious? Big money is at stake. And greedy Ratimov wants to steal all of it by using his merit-sourcer's authorities manupulating by voters.

Ordinary folk will soon turn their backs on you and leave this thoroughly rotten forum. Honest people are not going to look at it calmly. This forum will soon be boycotted by the entire crypto community
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2022, 09:03:50 AM

0.05 BTC from sportsbet
That's not how the prize will be distributed:
All winners will share the prize pool of 50 mBTC

All people who received merit from him in this contest should be redtagged & distusted.
Why do you need someone else to do your dirty work?

Bitcoin SV (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 09:14:21 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2022, 10:19:57 AM by Bitcoin SV

All people who received merit from him in this contest should be redtagged & distusted.
Why do you need someone else to do your dirty work?
Since when struggle for justice is a dirty work? Yo're amazing

All winners will share the prize pool of 50 mBTC
Ratimov wrote differently. Probably all the prizes have long been divided behind the scenes among DT elite. All winners probably have already been chosen in advance, it remains for them to adjust the right amount of votes from thier farms to the credibility only

https://archive.is/sxIUM
Translated:
- Cryptios will give each winner in the nomination an exclusive collectible item.
- Spotsbet.io will share the prize fund in the amount 0.05, BTC between the winners, as well as among those who voted freebets will be played. Moreover, this year the main prize will be a VIP tour for two, for an Arsenal or Southampton match, which includes a corporate box, accommodation and air tickets.
- Chipmixer provided an additional prize fund in the amount of 0.07 BTC, so each winner will receive a voucher for 0.005 BTC , and among those voting randomly, 10 vouchers will be drawn for 0.002 BTC each.
- Best_Change provided an additional prize fund in the amount of0.005 BTC to each winner
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 12:29:13 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Mbitr (1), icopress (1)

I'm not going to get into the conspiracy theories here, as I don't think they have much merit. Although, I think your initial point about merit being a contributing factor to certain users voting, is probably a decent enough assumption to make. Perhaps in future Community Awards, merit could be turned off on the thread.

Although, it's not like the Community Awards is something that's truly meaningful, I see it as a community organised event to give recognition to those that have contributed somewhat positively to the forum. Nothing more than that really. So, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter all that much. Though, as I said the only way you'd combat this is by not allowing merit to be sent in the thread, which I doubt theymos will do, because ultimately it's a drop in the ocean. Adding a prize to the equation likely has motivated certain users to merit, but that would be hard to prove.
Bitcoin SV (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 12:48:31 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2022, 01:08:43 PM by Bitcoin SV

I'm not going to get into the conspiracy theories here, as I don't think they have much merit. Although, I think your initial point about merit being a contributing factor to certain users voting, is probably a decent enough assumption to make. Perhaps in future Community Awards, merit could be turned off on the thread.

Although, it's not like the Community Awards is something that's truly meaningful, I see it as a community organised event to give recognition to those that have contributed somewhat positively to the forum. Nothing more than that really. So, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter all that much. Though, as I said the only way you'd combat this is by not allowing merit to be sent in the thread, which I doubt theymos will do, because ultimately it's a drop in the ocean. Adding a prize to the equation likely has motivated certain users to merit, but that would be hard to prove.
Thank you Welsh you are the fairest staff member on the forum. I think that merit distribution should be disabled immediately in this topic. The winner must come to victory in a fair way

I want to develop this forum and make it better. I want to remove all corruption here. Please forgive for my behavior in past I was unexperienced. This forum can still be saved. Let's make bitcointalk great again!

Theymos please disable merit distribution here. For the justice, not for me. I just want to get better and do a lot of useful things for the forum

Let's save this forum for the future generations together.

Bitcoin SV (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 09:39:14 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2022, 10:19:56 PM by Bitcoin SV

As i say rather this competition is not fair

icopress, using his priveleges - unfairly counting the winners

I see political implications in this. Before 23 february - we saw one behavior of icopress. After 24 february - we see another behavior of icopress

icopress - is a very subjective that to be as organizer of such contest.

Stupid icopress completeley goes to the crazy. He thinks that every russian supports mr. P..tin

I changed my mind about voting for you because you are a braggart...
No its because you hates mr. P..tin. P..tin has nothing to do with that bitcointalk forum member

icopress threatens forum consensus. Due to icopress behaviour - all russian users can swith to altcointalks. This may negatively affect the attendance of the forum.

Theymos. I propose to freeze the competition until the end of conflict in Ukraine
Icopress is very angry now and can't think impartially

Or reassign the contest organizer. I think that LoyceV will be fairer than icopress
n0nce

Activity: 882
Merit: 5818

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2022, 03:32:36 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Theymos. I propose to freeze the competition until the end of conflict in Ukraine
Icopress is very angry now and can't think impartially

Or reassign the contest organizer. I think that LoyceV will be fairer than icopress
LOL dude chill your nuggets. It's a private, unofficial thing that icopress is doing; he's entitled to doing it however he wishes. At most the sponsors could retire if they don't like his approach, but it's not theymos or anyone else's task to decide about how he runs his fun little contest.
If you wish to do your own contest, you can, it's a free forum!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitcoin SV (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2022, 03:38:41 AM

It's a private, unofficial thing that icopress is doing; he's entitled to doing it however he wishes.
THIS IS NOT FAIR! Why honest people should be suffering?

These private sponsors should organise these private competitons in private telegram channels

WHY IS IT SO UNFAIR

Theymos why such shady private competitions are endorsed here?
n0nce

Activity: 882
Merit: 5818

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2022, 03:44:49 AM

It's a private, unofficial thing that icopress is doing; he's entitled to doing it however he wishes.
THIS IS NOT FAIR! Why honest people should be suffering?
Are you suffering? Do you have something to eat and drink? If you are honestly starving, send me an address and I will pay for a burger and a drink.

These private sponsors should organise these private competitons in private telegram channels
Why? This forum has a place for everyone that abides to the (very loose) rules and icopress is doing so.

Theymos why such shady private competitions are endorsed here?
Nothing is endorsed by theymos or the forum. Everything's community organized and managed voluntarily. If you don't like it, choose another forum / other boards / other threads...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2022, 06:32:18 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Theymos. I propose to freeze the competition
See:
the forum's mission to be as free as possible.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: