Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:28:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying used Miners  (Read 265 times)
whoisthis (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 07:07:21 PM

I've been running GPUs for ETH mining for awhile now.
I want to try something like Bitman type of miner for mining ETH this time in 240V.
Which miners can you recommend that i get from Ebay shipped in USA for under 4000$?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 2987

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2022, 12:50:33 AM

Are you looking for a used/2nd hand Antminer that could mine ETH? Bitmain doesn't release yet any miner that could mine ETH so you can't buy any 2nd hand ETH miner.

They have planning to release a new one this year but I don't think that you can buy it for $4000 I believe the price will be higher than that.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
whoisthis (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 03:56:26 AM

Are you looking for a used/2nd hand Antminer that could mine ETH? Bitmain doesn't release yet any miner that could mine ETH so you can't buy any 2nd hand ETH miner.

They have planning to release a new one this year but I don't think that you can buy it for $4000 I believe the price will be higher than that.

I don't mind mining BTC. Is it safe to buy used ones?
i saw a few used Bitmain for like $2000. I'm seeing these Bitmain hashing 1500 Gh/s. Is it really 1500 Gh/s for $2000?

I spent a lot of money on GPU rig and it’s hashing 1 GH/s. Sound too good to be true
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 06:51:48 AM

I don't mind mining BTC. Is it safe to buy used ones?
i saw a few used Bitmain for like $2000. I'm seeing these Bitmain hashing 1500 Gh/s. Is it really 1500 Gh/s for $2000?

I spent a lot of money on GPU rig and it’s hashing 1 GH/s. Sound too good to be true

What? 1500Gh/s? You must read the description again - the Bitmain E9 is the only Miner from Bitmain for ETH at the moment this one do 3 Gh/s and the offers you saw, only fraud nothing more. Only buy on the official websites.

I want to try something like Bitman type of miner for mining ETH this time in 240V.
Which miners can you recommend that i get from Ebay shipped in USA for under 4000$?

You will never find a serious offer for ETH asic miner for under 4000$.
BitKongy

Activity: 405
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 09:14:06 AM

OP when something is too good to be true then it's probably is, don't be fooled with all those unrealistic ASIC miners price, those things are demanding and right now mining is still profitable so you can't find one for cheap price, if you must buy then use the ASIC official website only to avoid getting scammed.
whoisthis (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 03:03:16 PM

oh my mistake.
Bitmain L3+ around 500 MH/S. This is what i'm looking at on ebay
The going rate seems to be $1200. Is that a good price in the current LTC market?
Also what should i be looking for when i buy used ones ?
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 03:15:27 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2022, 03:30:29 PM by FP91G

Check out this post
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5384385.msg59163791#msg59163791
Study the new ASIC models that will be sold in 2022 in order to understand this market.
https://news.bitcoin.com/a-mining-rig-that-boasts-440-th-s-miners-question-the-legitimacy-of-new-bitcoin-mining-device/
SCAM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5384359.0

If your electricity is more expensive than 10 cents, then do not buy old ASICs.
whoisthis (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 03:45:03 PM

hmm i see
https://www.1000depot.com/
https://www.solockpool.us/
Anyone bought from these websites before?
They sell some new ones.
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3114

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 03:52:15 PM

oh my mistake.
The going rate seems to be $1200. Is that a good price in the current LTC market?
Mostly there is always a bit of risk when you buying used Miners and this goes for Asics and GPUs.
You really dont know how they was handled and maintenanced , for sure if you have a trusted person you know it can be all good.
If the devices was running for month or years overclocked you should be not take them or at least dont pay to much.
I bought a Baikal 900 back in the days 1 year old for a cheap price and it only takes 1 year before it died.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
February 12, 2022, 03:43:44 AM

If you are going to buy used then check the classifieds section or eBay where you got some guarantee and not get scammed. Don’t go to those 2 websites, I’ve never heard of them before.

When buying something on Bitcointalk classifieds use escrow. Basically you pay someone to hold the funds for you until your stuff is delivered. The fee is low and you won’t get scammed this way.

Also keep in mind that an ASIC is extremely loud. As loud as a vacuum cleaner pretty much. Make sure you are aware of this.

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2022, 02:37:01 PM

oh my mistake.
https://whattomine.com/asic
https://www.asicminervalue.com/miners/bitmain/antminer-l3-504mh
I see very low profit from this ASIC and buying it now for $1000 is a very bad investment. Moreover, you will not have a guarantee for this equipment.
Pendrak

Activity: 208
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 12, 2022, 03:28:23 PM

Dont buy asic miners, stick with GPU.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 16, 2022, 04:31:09 AM

The way I understand it is that after the merge ETH will be PoS. It seems that this would happened sometime this year. It is totally your decision but is it wise to invest in ETH PoW miners at this point? Perhaps it is better to invest in miners that will be PoW for some time to come? My experience with PoW miners is that it is not really profitable unless you buy something with significant higher hash rate. Having said that, many people will probably want to offload their ETH PoW miners at this point and you may get a very cheap price and perhaps make a few bucks still.
JayDDee

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
February 16, 2022, 06:20:57 AM

Buying an ETH ASIC miner is betting ETH will never go POS. ASIC miners only make sense for coins
that will never change algos, How many ASICs instantly became worthless when Raven switched algos?
When Vertcoin switched algos? When Zcoin switched algos? When Monero swicthed algos?

SHA256D & SCRYPT miners will depreciate but never go to zero.

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2022, 02:53:03 PM

The way I understand it is that after the merge ETH will be PoS. It seems that this would happened sometime this year. It is totally your decision but is it wise to invest in ETH PoW miners at this point? Perhaps it is better to invest in miners that will be PoW for some time to come? My experience with PoW miners is that it is not really profitable unless you buy something with significant higher hash rate. Having said that, many people will probably want to offload their ETH PoW miners at this point and you may get a very cheap price and perhaps make a few bucks still.
I think it's very important to buy a GPU or ASIC at the right time. If we talk about bitcoin, many mining companies are building their data cents with new equipment, and it takes a long time for video cards to pay off on ethereum mining. Now you can only invest in mining if the electricity is free or the price is very very low.
devil2man

Activity: 759
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 18, 2022, 10:55:27 AM

In neither case, i.e. gpu for eth or asics for btc, it is advisable to buy used equipment even if it costs less, perhaps even half of the new one is often that those equipment are squeezed to the maximum with mining and are at the end of life so they will last a short time, it is convenient the new one because it will last longer over time
Pendrak

View Profile
February 18, 2022, 12:35:38 PM

Waste of time if you dont have a good place away from any house.

If your place is tiny dont mix gpu with asics.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 03:04:48 AM

Mixing GPUs with ASIC doesn’t affect anything. Many years ago most retail miners had tons of ASICs at their home and they also had GPUs.

ASICs also take up much less room than a GPU rig. The biggest difference is that the ASICs are crazy loud. So you can mine at home but the rigs need to be in a separate room such as a basement. You can’t sleep in that room.

Pendrak

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 03:06:55 AM

Mixing GPUs with ASIC doesn’t affect anything. Many years ago most retail miners had tons of ASICs at their home and they also had GPUs.

ASICs also take up much less room than a GPU rig. The biggest difference is that the ASICs are crazy loud. So you can mine at home but the rigs need to be in a separate room such as a basement. You can’t sleep in that room.

"ASICs are crazy loud"

GPU and ASIC mixed give a lot of problems if the intake air temperature is not low.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 12:14:25 PM

"ASICs are crazy loud"

GPU and ASIC mixed give a lot of problems if the intake air temperature is not low.
Not all asics are loud
https://www.jinglemining.com/products/jasminer-x4-etchash-brick?variant=42041023037666
Hashrate: 65MH/s±/10%
Power: 23W±/10%
ETC Deadline: 2029/02
ETH Deadline: 2022/09
I have not seen reviews of this ASIC, this may be a scam. Find more information if you want to buy.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: