Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 06:39:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Tether Ethereum?  (Read 208 times)
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 642

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 09:07:29 AM

So if person A has USDT on Ethereum and person B on Tron, basically those are 2 different tokens a d person A cannot send Tether to person B?
Yep, correct. Since both blockchains are isolated on its own network, inter-transaction of USDT are not possible.

Another scenario is A send USDT on BEP20 chain to B, but B is expecting to receive it on the ERC20 chain. Due to the nature of the underlying technicalities, the transaction will be accepted but the transaction is only happened on the BEP20 chain, not on ERC20, thus B did not receive the token.
That may be the simplest explanation you could get. But just for example reason I would share mine.
Different chains, different roads or lines.
For example: AT&T can only call AT&T subscirbers. Verizon does the same. So both companies cannot just jump on the lines thus, they will need a bridge for their subscribers to call with each other. I think what he is looking for is the bridge.
An exchange could help at this kind of situations since I don't have a clue if they ever made a bridge that would connect two chains yet.
Sasha Grey

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 09:14:35 AM

I've been researching Ethereum and Tether. Tether is token on Ethereum blockchain. But I cannot find any transaction with Tether on Ethereum explorer.
Can someone please clear things up for me?
Tether is a token from ERC-20, now the number of holders is more than 4 million and is the token with the largest daily transaction volume or more than 2x the transaction volume of bitcoin, after its success and getting wide recognition now many devs. which develops stable coins like from BUSD, Polygon, Tron and so on.
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4367

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2022, 11:28:40 AM

I've been researching Ethereum and Tether. Tether is token on Ethereum blockchain. But I cannot find any transaction with Tether on Ethereum explorer.
Tether uses various blockchains, but most of the tokens in the Ethereum ecosystem. The TRON ecosystem is becoming popular because there are very cheap transactions.
https://tether.to/ru/transparency

Be sure to read this information
Stablecoins and Blacklists
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5247581.0

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
adamcro (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 07:49:04 PM

I was thinking about accepting Tether as a payment currency. But that would make it more complicated for me since in that case I would need to have wallets on all different blockchains. Also sender needs to know to which wallet to send the coins
I'm right about this?

casperBGD
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2022, 07:51:57 PM

I was thinking about accepting Tether as a payment currency. But that would make it more complicated for me since in that case I would need to have wallets on all different blockchains. Also sender needs to know to which wallet to send the coins
I'm right about this?

no, you do not have to accept USDT on all blockchains, you will accept it on some, and some will not be supported
for example, USDT on Tron is a good example of efficient crypto, that do not take much for transaction, but it could cost some for Ethereum, and you do not have to accept that (although you probably will accept on Ethereum, it is a standard)
mdzahed134

Activity: 2156
Merit: 259

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 08:14:56 PM

First of all Tether isn’t only with Ethereum blockchain, in there are several network if you can make transaction as like BEP-20,TRON both of very cheaper in comparing transfer fees with Ethereum network. You can scan your tokens on etherscan if you will make transact Tether on Eth blockchain.  

▄███████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 09:01:27 PM

I'm right about this?
It actually depends on you whether on which chain will you accept the payment. You can simply accept it only on ERC20 as an example, and then you can state you only accept it on the Ethereum chain to the sender(s).

If I might ask, do you already have a payment processor or do you want to receive the payment manually?
adamcro (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 07:01:59 AM

I have a payment processor

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 15, 2022, 11:39:29 PM

@adamcro AFAIK, depending on which payment processor you picked, they probably didn't support many USDT chains thus they only support the bigger network one like ERC20 or BEP20. Regarding the sender, I believe the payment processor itself will show in the payment page/popup/link which chain they accept. The problem is, just like many exchanges there may be some users that still incorrectly send funds on the wrong chain, no matter how they handle the recoverability of the fund, it's better if you state it on your ToS.

A few things that I also know but not specifically about Tether, some payment processors will be able to automatically settle the payment into a cryptocurrency that you choose, of course, there will be some fee, but if the option is preferable for you, it will be good since you didn't have to withdraw the payment into a lot of chain/cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: