Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:50:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you regret when you miss selling at ATH followed by a correction  (Read 2306 times)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 26, 2022, 01:25:48 AM

I get asked sometimes if I regret not selling my coins at the all time high and my answer is always the same. No, I do not regret it. You can’t have too many regrets in crypto since there are so many price swings and it’s impossible to know exactly where the bottom or top is.

How many successful swing traders do I know? Not many. My investment strategy is pretty consistent, I bet on winners that I truly believe in and I hold long. Eventually,  BTC will be worth 100k and that's what I focus on. 

Of course. No one knows how the crypto market will behave due to its extremely unpredictable nature. We can only take a wild guess of where prices will go, but that's it. Altcoins are known to have higher fluctuations in price than Bitcoin, so investing in them are a gamble. You can either win big, or lose it all in an instant. The key here is to diversify in order to minimize risks of loss as much as possible. As long as you don't invest more than what you can't afford to lose, there should be nothing to worry about. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2022, 08:28:23 AM

No one knows the peak of each crypto during bull run so we should learn to sell when we are already at profit. Many people forgot to sell during a bull season because of their greediness of having a huge profit. A parabolic crypto during those season could dump and make a correction anytime. Market has two cycles so we shouldn't be afraid that we won't be able to buy again at lower prices.
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2022, 09:24:51 AM

No one knows the peak of each crypto during bull run so we should learn to sell when we are already at profit. Many people forgot to sell during a bull season because of their greediness of having a huge profit. A parabolic crypto during those season could dump and make a correction anytime. Market has two cycles so we shouldn't be afraid that we won't be able to buy again at lower prices.
Well, it's a very simple thing, when you think about how important it is for us to make a profit. however, most people, including me, are sometimes hesitant to sell because they think of the potential that could come at any time, and maybe bring in big profits. Well, sometimes the thought is not wrong, but sometimes it is that kind of thinking that makes us skip the opportunity to get big profits. I think everyone has regrets about that.
The lesson in this case is, when you still intend to hold on, then selling just a few is fine. whether it's to secure your initial investment funds, or just take your profits. at least you got to sell at a high price.
It's normal in my opinion. Most traders or all traders experienced this kind of situation where they regret on selling at the most prominent price. Even some professional traders experienced missing those opportunities. Gaining more profit is the traders goal and being greedy sometimes is pretty expected. We could just move on and wait for the next cycle to arrive and not try to miss that ATH we all want to take profit on. It's a good lesson where we can gain the experience to do things right next time.
Jancuki

Activity: 789
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2022, 09:37:45 AM

I prefer to secure a few percent to take take profit in order to avoid the risk of loss. Indeed, sometimes there is a sense of dissatisfaction, especially when the coins when buying experienced a significant increase. However, I try to be consistent and as much as possible to avoid greed.
ningrum

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
August 26, 2022, 11:01:57 AM

if asked if I regret it, yes of course I really regret it, especially when bitcoin reached $64000 and I still hold it,
 and now I really regret it, and of course I'm also confused, should I hold or should I cut lose,
because I'm still worried he said bearish season is not over yet

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
inthelongrun

Activity: 1764
Merit: 596

The Martian Child

View Profile
August 26, 2022, 12:02:31 PM

Somehow I had regrets after 2017 and last year's all-time highs. I would have been a dollar millionaire now if I sold all my bitcoins and altcoins last year at an average of $60,000 per bitcoin. Then use some of the proceeds to buy back next year or by 2023. But what is done is done. We need to move forward and consider past mistakes as learning experiences no matter how hard it is. I'm still happy and proud of my achievements. I never thought that my crypto investments are that effective and life-changing.

Right now I am actually tempted to sell my house in order to buy back. We'll see.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
nira09

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 26, 2022, 04:48:14 PM

Regret for not selling our tokens at the highest price, of course, still exists, but we must suppress it by being grateful that at least we have made a profit even though it is not maximal. Crypto price movements no one knows for sure where the highest price is and where the lowest price is, so we must have guidelines in trading to avoid greed that usually leads us to losses.
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 27, 2022, 01:16:39 AM

The closest example is when the bull market occurred in 2021, some coins managed to reach the new ATH price and I am one of those who
regret not selling the coins I have when the price reaches new ATH. Even though if I manage to sell it at the new ATH price, I will get a big profit,
I also had the opportunity to buy again in the current bear market. Therefore I learned from my mistakes that it is still difficult to control the greed
that is in me, this is what finally missed my opportunity to be able to sell at the new ATH price. Now I have to be patient waiting for the market
to be bullish again, because as you said new ATH probably will not be achieved in the near future. So besides I have to be patient holding the coins
I have, I also have to start accumulating very potential coins. So when the bull market came I was ready to sell the coins I had at the new ATH price.
Accumulating coins is one of the good strategy during the bear season, if you trust and you really understand how the developers will bring their project into success, keeping the coin while the value is really low and expect that days will come for the coin to pump hard. It's not easy, but if you do your research and you keep your faith with the knowledge you gained, the chance that you will be able to hold and continue to wait while the project is still in progress.

Regret is a part of yesterday's mistake. You can't bring it back, but you can always learn from it.

Use that as a good motivation to keep your investment on the right track.

It is true that we must move on from our regrets and learn from our previous mistakes. We have learned that the bear market is the right time
to accumulate coins that we consider potential. And like you said accumulating coins is the best strategy we can do in a bear market situation.
So instead of wasting time complaining that we failed to sell coins at peak prices, we better start planning for our future. By accumulating coins
in bear market situations, if we can do it patiently, making big profits is just a matter of time. For sure don't ever think that investing in crypto is
an instant way to get rich, because it only makes us wrong in making decisions. The first step is to do research and analysis to find the right projects
for us to accumulate, because not all projects are good to buy during a bear market. It is true that we must have the motivation to be able to keep
our spirits up in the face of this tiring bear market.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
Luffygroove

Activity: 966
Merit: 25

Ton Together | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 27, 2022, 03:36:06 AM

to regret something like you mentioned, IMHO that's humane. However, what will we do after that will make a big difference, Whether we want to pity ourself and cry about our situation or learn from it so next time we can do better. I think great traders also learn from their mistakes since there's no school for crypto at first, most of us learn by doing. This "I know in the future the price will grow again to another ATH" probably could be implemented to top CMC coins/tokens instead of new projects so we need to be wise in holding some coins/tokens. 

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  

Jump to: