Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:36:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: there is no Play-to-Earn Game  (Read 288 times)
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 06:05:19 AM

As of this writing there is no play-to-earn games exist in the market. You must be saying Axie Infinity is one play to earn game and there are many more, but i will tell you that they are not play-to-earn games, they are infact play-to-earn jobs.  Roll Eyes

Taking the example of Axie Infinity, you get game token SLPs when you do certain tasks in adventure mode and also complete daily tasks. This is like a job that you do daily and the maximum earning limited on daily is also fixed. You are allowed to take 20 turns and after that even if you play more, there is no reward. You are in fact doing job to collect the tokens.

A good explanation that's a new concept play-to-earn jobs, but because of the huge drop of SLP I don't know if it's worth replacing your regular job for Axie, many scholars give up working for SLP, if it's playing to earn and you are enjoying playing you will do this regardless of the price of the token it's like other games like mobile games where you play because you enjoy the game, I'm playing DPET I only play it for the Elixir I'm earning but there's no enjoyment anymore, you just grind like a regular job.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 10:10:32 AM

Have you known about this one?

Upcoming season 20 and economic balancing. SLP is no longer be earned by playing Axie Infinity in Adventure mode as well as in Daily quest

It is implemented because Axie Infinity team realize that their ecosystem is big enough and has jumped to a slow down period of its growth. Without huge new gamers, investors, its ecosystem becomes vulnerable to collapse if they don't have adjustment and maintain big rewards in Play to Earn mode.

They are releasing the new version of the game which is Origin V3. Axie Infinity: Origin is Coming! and it will bring some major changes in the game. I am sure after this update, there will be no unlimited production of SLP.

Also, i believe OP is right as the game token only gains value as long as the team is actually making changes in the game, creating the hype.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 07:36:51 PM

As of this writing there is no play-to-earn games exist in the market. You must be saying Axie Infinity is one play to earn game and there are many more, but i will tell you that they are not play-to-earn games, they are infact play-to-earn jobs.  Roll Eyes

Taking the example of Axie Infinity, you get game token SLPs when you do certain tasks in adventure mode and also complete daily tasks. This is like a job that you do daily and the maximum earning limited on daily is also fixed. You are allowed to take 20 turns and after that even if you play more, there is no reward. You are in fact doing job to collect the tokens.

Real games are like you play unlimited times daily and there should be no limit on the earnings or turns. The more you play and win, the more you should get the tokens. This realistic model of earning is missing in all the famous P2E games like Axie infinity or star sharks etc.

I wouldn't necessarily say that these games are "a job", they do have an entertainment factor that may not be present when you're working and it is optional which games you want to play. You can look at it in a different way as well, as some games allow you to play and unlock rewards (look at World of Tanks) for example - you might choose to pay $50 upfront to unlock a tank but most of the time you are able to "grind" your way up through the levels to unlock them. This is a sort of useful hybrid model that should be adopted for every game and is probably highly profitable for the gaming studio that runs it. They retain free players and allow people who have lots of money to jump as high up as they want instantly.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
UmerIdrees

Activity: 2240
Merit: 842

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2022, 04:33:50 PM

It's still won't the fact that it's a game that people enjoys to play. And thinking of it as a job, it's a subjective matter and depends to the person who's describing it per se.
With the recent update that I know about that game example you've given, there's no more adventure reward on that game and you can play it unlimited without even a need to use one of that energy so if it's per description that you're saying that a game should be played unlimited times daily, well, axie still counts. You can play unlimited adventure on it if you want to.

I don't care if its a play to earn game or a playing job, as long as I am earning money from it, I am happy to play it.  Wink
The people who are playing axie , their intent is to earn money. Do you know anyone who is playing axie for fun only? Rather I would say that all play to earn games are played to gain money and there is no other reason for playing them.

JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
February 18, 2022, 06:01:50 AM

I have seen many friends of mine got hooked with NFT games.

They are now into the point of their lives that they will invest almost every nft games and plays it. I think they are aware of potential rug pull especially the new games.

They are happy with what they are doing as this opportunity has come.

With you start earning, you get addicted to them and want to gain more money. I will not invest in any new NFT games which are based on the smiliar model like axie. Seeing the popularity of the axie, many people will develop same games and later rug pull to scam people. Anyways there are also some free NFT games which requires no investment,
However, i must say that current axie prices are very attactive to invest in the game.
Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2022, 11:22:26 PM

i was actually seeing it as a limitation maybe no user will use as a means of source of revenue, so if no limitation or restrictions a user could use a whole day to task himself to earn more instead just playing as normal. It is already tagged play to earn so everyone has to partake of it not only for a some sets of persons but for everyone out there to enjoy and benefit from the P2E gamified platform.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
February 26, 2022, 01:31:04 PM

i was actually seeing it as a limitation maybe no user will use as a means of source of revenue, so if no limitation or restrictions a user could use a whole day to task himself to earn more instead just playing as normal. It is already tagged play to earn so everyone has to partake of it not only for a some sets of persons but for everyone out there to enjoy and benefit from the P2E gamified platform.
That's what he said, there is a limit but there are actually people that use axie as a source of living/income or they treat it as a job in other words because of the potential profit that they can earn on this game and it is not hard to do, you know sometimes people are lazy to work on a real job because they are not playing a game on there to earn. Axie got popular because of those people and those people usually reside on the third world countries.

You are right, if this game has no restriction, they will allocate most of their times here in order to earn huge. That would be easy money so the developers of the game didn't want that to happen as that can make them more lazy and will only depend on this game to live.

crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2022, 02:12:56 PM

That's just it; it's still a game, though. What do you even consider it to be? I think you are just correlating the player's feelings with what they would feel if they keep on continuously playing and playing that it becomes work.

The most significant difference between what you are saying and the reality is that a job requires you to do it. Ideally, no skipping, but if you play Axie Infinity, you have a choice to do how much effort you want to reap the benefits of the tokens. I doubt companies would like that, lol.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██