Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:40:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having problem contacting Gainward Warranty service  (Read 156 times)
danyalbmw (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2022, 03:44:35 PM

Hello everyone
a few days ago my Gainward rtx 3070ti just turned off and didn't turn on, i contacted official Gainward website and they told me to approach to one of the distributors. i contacted the distributor at first he asked for purchase invoce and after that not willing to answer, also official website doesn't answer me either
any idea how do i use warranty service?
deedeeranged

Activity: 325
Merit: 42

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 01:15:04 AM

Hello everyone
a few days ago my Gainward rtx 3070ti just turned off and didn't turn on, i contacted official Gainward website and they told me to approach to one of the distributors. i contacted the distributor at first he asked for purchase invoce and after that not willing to answer, also official website doesn't answer me either

In Europe it is normal you send the card back to the seller/shop for warranty/guarantee.
Otherwise see if the Gainward/Distributor site has a form to RMA the card. If so fill in the details and upload a copy of your invoice with it. Don't tell if you have been mining with it.

Hope this will help.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1052

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 12:29:04 PM

Hello everyone
Where is your distributor located? If not far, then you should take the video card to him personally. If far away, then you need to send a letter with a claim, which you can then use in court as evidence. I don't know your country and your laws, so you'd better find out on your local miner forums.
danyalbmw (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 12:43:02 PM

i live in iran, store i bought card from is closed and it was located in UAE
so i contacted distributor for warranty and didn't seem to accept and all i have is only an invoice which no one seems to accept
JayDDee

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 03:29:57 PM

so i contacted distributor for warranty and didn't seem to accept and all i have is only an invoice which no one seems to accept

I'm guessing Gainward only supports products sold through approved channels. Many "discount" retailers don't provide
manufacturer warrantees.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 05:57:00 AM

I hate it when companies do this. They try and weasel their way out of getting their products fixed. I had this issue with Sapphire. Bought a GPU second hand and a few days later it went up in flames.

So I did a RMA request and I found it odd that they require a receipt. And basically my claim was rejected because i wasn’t the original buyer. The warranty only stays with the first purchaser and not with the GPU itself.

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2022, 04:12:37 PM

What data did you submit? If you sent a serial number, then this is a problem.
You need to contact this company by phone and find out about the video card warranty repair process without giving the serial number (if you gave it before)
https://www.idealdistribution.me/contact/
In my country, the lack of documents is not a reason to refuse a guarantee if the video card was imported into the country legally.
If you bought a video card in the UAE, then this is a legal product.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 17, 2022, 08:43:54 PM

I hate it when companies do this. They try and weasel their way out of getting their products fixed. I had this issue with Sapphire. Bought a GPU second hand and a few days later it went up in flames.

So I did a RMA request and I found it odd that they require a receipt. And basically my claim was rejected because i wasn’t the original buyer. The warranty only stays with the first purchaser and not with the GPU itself.

Of all of them, I think only EVGA does what is supposed to be, but for that to work properly, you need to register your product at their website with proof of purchase, second hand warranty works with evga too, https://forums.evga.com/Original-and-Secondhand-Warranty-FAQ-m2848860.aspx

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
February 18, 2022, 03:27:22 AM

I think all warranty should be like with cars or Apple products. The warranty stays with the product and not the owner.

If you buy a used car from someone, and something breaks you take it to the dealer and they need to fix since it’s under warranty. They don’t ask for receipts or if you are original owner.

Same with Apple products. Buy a used iPhone, it breaks, take it to Genius Bar, they verify serial and fix if it’s within the period. All warranties should be like this.

Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 18, 2022, 12:57:18 PM

I think all warranty should be like with cars or Apple products. The warranty stays with the product and not the owner.

If you buy a used car from someone, and something breaks you take it to the dealer and they need to fix since it’s under warranty. They don’t ask for receipts or if you are original owner.

Same with Apple products. Buy a used iPhone, it breaks, take it to Genius Bar, they verify serial and fix if it’s within the period. All warranties should be like this.

Exactly and should be given anywhere in the world.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2022, 05:22:14 PM

I live in Russia, and many companies, such as Asus or HP, do not require documents. It is enough to go to the site, write the serial number and see the warranty period. This period is considered as a few months from the date of production + 1 year warranty. But if you bought a product that has been in the warehouse for more than a year, then documents are needed. Large retailers also have their own databases of serial numbers, and documents are needed only when returning money for low-quality goods.
It's the same situation with cars. If the car is serviced by an authorized dealer, then the warranty is not lost after the sale of the car. The owner's information is not written in the warranty book.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: