Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:29:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Binance been caught with their hands in the cookie Jar (apparently)  (Read 96 times)
Bitemetwice @ Stake (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2022, 01:56:05 AM

Binance been caught with their hands in the cookie Jar  (apparently) :

I'm not usually Right But I might be wrong this time

The SEC has opened a probe into the
relationship between “the U.S. arm of Binance,
the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, and two trading firms
with ties to Binance’s founder.”
Those firms “act as market makers that trade cryptocurrencies”
on the Binance exchange, and regulators have concerns
over the nature of Binance’s disclosures to its customers about its links to those firms

I have a link to the story, but not sure if allowed to post or not?
cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2022, 02:25:18 AM

Afaik you are allowed to post links. Maybe quoting the link will do because you are a newbie.

There are lots of news media covering the investigation already which is related to the firms such as Sigma Chain AG and Merit Peak Ltd. They are investigating Binance.US and affiliates for illicit transactions of US users. Binance is always been cooperating with lots of investigations so they could continue making thier business, I guess because the SEC requests access to data then Binance will provide.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/currencies/binance-sec-crypto-exchange-changpeng-zhao-probe-investigation-trading-affliates-2022-2
https://cointelegraph.com/news/binance-us-is-under-investigation-from-sec-over-trading-affiliates-report

DapanasFruit

Activity: 1218
Merit: 49

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
February 17, 2022, 04:02:12 AM

I am not good in legal matters but what I know is that if a firm is not disclosing relationships with third parties and those third parties are somehow doing some trading under your platform, then surely there is some legal problems in there. I am glad that Binance is cooperating because not doing so can put them in more trouble. Most likely there can be some penalties to be paid by Binance when the investigation can wind up...and it has no choice but to abide if it wants to continued doing business in the big USA market. On the other hand, with this development expect Binance to be always following the lead of the government and cooperating on everything the government demands even if it means sacrificing the privacy and rights of their users.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
February 17, 2022, 04:22:46 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2022, 04:34:05 AM by franky1

I am not good in legal matters but what I know is that if a firm is not disclosing relationships with third parties and those third parties are somehow doing some trading under your platform, then surely there is some legal problems in there.

its not about them not disclosing partnerships.
its that the partners are infact themselves. trading within their own platform (as both customer and service) which has prompted an investigation into possible 'insider trading'

EG if left arm tells right arm that they are going to clap their hands. together they can make alot of noise(profit) knowing when to clap together
       [exchange]
        /     |     \
[pfm]  [pfm]   [pfm]
  / \       / \       / \
[c] [c] [c] [c] [c] [c]
normally an exchange doesnt know what a portfolio manager[pfm] is about to do on a market in 1seconds time
normally a portfolio manager[pfm] doesnt know what a customer[c] is about to request in 1seconds time

but what if
      [exchange] -- [pfm]
        /     |    
[pfm]  [pfm]  
  / \       / \    
[c] [c] [c] [c]
exchange and pfm are the same 'entity' and have no real customers in that branch/arm

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: