Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:53:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is this pywallet good or infected?  (Read 138 times)
crendore3 (OP)

Activity: 502
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2022, 07:44:01 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2022, 07:08:37 PM by crendore3

LINK REMOVED GOT MY ANSWER FOR SAFETY

Is this pywallet version good or is it a fake infected version?
Can someone tell me?
I don't know, but I want to use it so can someone tell me if it's clean?

Please tell me if this is infected?
And if it is, can someone point me to a a DASH/DOGE/LTC pywallet that actually works? I can't find one myself.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16663

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2022, 08:57:15 AM

This is the real pywallet:
I still wouldn't run it on an online system though, and only on a backup of your data. With the right precautions your data can't be stolen even if there is malware installed.

crendore3 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2022, 09:04:26 AM

I still wouldn't run it on an online system though, and only on a backup of your data. With the right precautions your data can't be stolen even if there is malware installed.

How to dumpwallet DOGE/DASH/LTC (core .dat files) with that jackjack pywallet? I don't think it works.
Any ideas?
That's why I was asking, because this thing which I showed you seems to say to do the job but I'm afraid of it a bit because seems a .exe and might be infected and it was just posted 2 months ago and it looks really fishy. So I was asking if this thing works or is infected or not.
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 7504

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 17, 2022, 11:23:54 AM
Merited by crendore3 (2)

How to dumpwallet DOGE/DASH/LTC (core .dat files) with that jackjack pywallet? I don't think it works.
Any ideas?

Check this command mentioned by @HCP

I believe that the otherversion value for Dogecoin is 30... so your command should look something like:
Code:
python pywallet.py --dumpwallet --wallet=wallet.dat --datadir=/path/to/folder/with/wallet/dat --otherversion=30 --passphrase=yourpassphrase

When you do that, you should see the addresses output start with a "D"... and the "sec" values should start with a "6" or "Q"... they should then import into Dogecoin wallet.

That's why I was asking, because this thing which I showed you seems to say to do the job but I'm afraid of it a bit because seems a .exe and might be infected and it was just posted 2 months ago and it looks really fishy. So I was asking if this thing works or is infected or not.

I doubt anyone know without testing it on isolated environment (e.g. install Windows on VirtualBox, then run the application).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6275

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2022, 12:38:10 PM
Merited by crendore3 (2), ABCbits (1), nc50lc (1)

The github mentioned in the 1st post is new (under 2 months) and has posted 6 things, 5 of which are exe files with no source code or any contact information.
Run away as fast as you can.
At a guess they are probably going to let it sit for a bit and see who they can get to download it and steal all their funds / infect their system.

Where / how did you find it? Might have a bit more context then.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
crendore3 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2022, 01:08:41 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2022, 10:56:14 PM by achow101

The github mentioned in the 1st post is new (under 2 months) and has posted 6 things, 5 of which are exe files with no source code or any contact information.
Run away as fast as you can.
At a guess they are probably going to let it sit for a bit and see who they can get to download it and steal all their funds / infect their system.

Where / how did you find it? Might have a bit more context then.

-Dave

I was looking for a pywallet that can extract DASH DOGE AND LTC and searched on github "doge pywallet" and found it or "dash pywallet" and found it
So it should be reported and taken down in my opinion by anyone.

I agree with what you say, it's most definetely infected. I asked to be sure as it promises a LOT.

Any ideas?

Check this command mentioned by @HCP

I believe that the otherversion value for Dogecoin is 30... so your command should look something like:
Code:
python pywallet.py --dumpwallet --wallet=wallet.dat --datadir=/path/to/folder/with/wallet/dat --otherversion=30 --passphrase=yourpassphrase

When you do that, you should see the addresses output start with a "D"... and the "sec" values should start with a "6" or "Q"... they should then import into Dogecoin wallet.

I doubt anyone know without testing it on isolated environment (e.g. install Windows on VirtualBox, then run the application).

Please tell me the other versions for:

Doge = 30
LTC = 48
DASH = 76

later edit : found them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: