Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:07:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockstream Satelite  (Read 131 times)
menoiazei (OP)

Activity: 368
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 17, 2022, 01:34:37 PM

Any views or experiences on solo mining BTC using blockstream satelite??

Cause is not before and effect is not after

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2022, 11:42:12 PM

It's not a pool where you can mine solo and it seems they are selling an antenna that connects directly to the satellite. I do not think it will help something to your miner because it's just an antenna.

Why not mine on solo pool directly like https://solo.ckpool.org/

Anyway, I found some posts on Reddit check them here https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/sqqpsw/how_to_solo_mine_bitcoin_using_blockstream/
and go straight on comments.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
WhyFhy

Activity: 1430
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 04:43:53 AM
Merited by vapourminer (3), BitMaxz (1)

Any views or experiences on solo mining BTC using blockstream satelite??
These are 1 way cband and ku systems similar to FTA systems , the signals are inbound only, you cant mine with them, (period) they are just to keep blockchain synced for things like internet outages and whatnot.

It's not a pool where you can mine solo and it seems they are selling an antenna that connects directly to the satellite. I do not think it will help something to your miner because it's just an antenna.

Why not mine on solo pool directly like https://solo.ckpool.org/

Anyway, I found some posts on Reddit check them here https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/sqqpsw/how_to_solo_mine_bitcoin_using_blockstream/
and go straight on comments.

Even these guys dont know what they are talking about. Its a inbound network backup. even if you hit a block on this connection ,without a separate outbound network there is no way Ku-band LNB &
C-band LNB only receive signal.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
/]..[banned mixer]..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
/]YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1777

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 11:22:21 PM

just curious to know about all of these thread and answer it actually the Blockstream Satellite network broadcasts the Bitcoin blockchain around the world 24/7 for free, protecting against network interruptions and providing areas without reliable internet connections with the opportunity to use Bitcoin. Blockstream Satellite broadcasts the Bitcoin blockchain to the entire planet via satellite, reducing Bitcoin’s dependency on internet access. Everyone in the world now has an opportunity to use Bitcoin. Blockstream Satellite provides an alternative method for receiving the Bitcoin Blockstream Satellite ground stations, known as 'teleports,' participate in the Bitcoin network and transmit blocks to geosynchronous satellites.

If you must share information from another source, then at least try to include the reference link. Plagiarism is against the forum rules and if you get reported. You may earn your account a permanent ban

You copied this from https://blockstream.com/satellite.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 10, 2022, 02:09:59 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2022, 02:29:09 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

just curious to know about all of these thread and answer it actually the Blockstream Satellite network broadcasts the Bitcoin blockchain around the world 24/7 for free, protecting against network interruptions and providing areas without reliable internet connections with the opportunity to use Bitcoin. Blockstream Satellite broadcasts the Bitcoin blockchain to the entire planet via satellite, reducing Bitcoin’s dependency on internet access. Everyone in the world now has an opportunity to use Bitcoin. Blockstream Satellite provides an alternative method for receiving the Bitcoin Blockstream Satellite ground stations, known as 'teleports,' participate in the Bitcoin network and transmit blocks to geosynchronous satellites.
If you must share information from another source, then at least try to include the reference link. Plagiarism is against the forum rules and if you get reported. You may earn your account a permanent ban

You copied this from https://blockstream.com/satellite.
To emphasize that point, further down on the page they say
Blockstream Satellite ground stations, known as 'teleports,' participate in the Bitcoin network and transmit blocks to geosynchronous satellites.
Satellite Geosynchronous satellites, orbiting at an altitude of 35,786 km (22,236 mi), receive the signal from the Blockstream Satellite teleports and broadcast it across a wide portion of the Earth.

Anyone in the coverage area with a small satellite antenna and an inexpensive USB receiver can receive these blocks and ensure that their node is always in sync.
Key point here is that to transmit to the network you need a link of some sort to one of those ground stations so your computer/miner/node/whatever can send data upstream. Like, er, you found a block or want to send some BTC to someone...

So either you purchase a ground station from them or use WAN, p-p microwave or LaserLink, local off-grid mesh network, Targeted WiFi, Packet Radio, Dial-up, etc to link to one.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: