Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:11:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter now supports Ethereum wallets  (Read 154 times)
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 10:52:58 AM

I do believe little shrimp will not use this feature. They can order a few pizzas or hamburger by using the fees that used to paid the network. Tipping a small amounts of money used this network is not advisable but people in twitter are know so well about this caused by they actually aware about ethereum scalability problem.  Cheesy I just wanna know how much fees will be cost to send a small tip to others.
I know that if this can be seen through etherscan but im just feeling curious about tha actual transaction hash of this tipping tx hash. I hope that i can see this soon and know whether this tipping feature consumes huge fees or not. Im very interesting waiting to watch this.
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2100
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 04:34:59 PM

I would say it's a huge move and welcome step by Twitter if it's true so we can say cryptos are moving step by step for mass adoption. These players are understanding the potential of crypto world So now we can say that the day is not far when crypto will be used in every part of the world even by common man that do not take interest in the cryptos but I wish they add more chains where the transaction charges are less as compared to the Ethereum network.

Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 05:35:11 PM

It's just a tipping feature and it's nothing big. Why? Because the transaction fees of the Ethereum blockchain are still high so who would use it?
Before you even send someone a tip you will be in doubt to do it because of the higher amount of fees than what you will give. Giving a tweet a dollar that will cost you $6. I'd rather send that man $5 in Paypal with a $1 transaction fee. Right? That way he could enjoy it more than me thinking about how unfair the tx fee is that could've been on a that man's plate.
Perhaps someday it will be a cool thing when Ethereum goes back to normal.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 07:00:55 PM

Improved features which I find pointless. So far, I haven't found any statistics from using this feature which is the reason for adding ethereum as a tip option.
After all, the twitter tip feature only supports iphone devices, right? This means that just to enjoy this feature, one must have adequate devices while other payment platform developers have heavily leveraged the twitter API to connect easily and support all devices. I think, by adding ethereum will not make a significant increase in the number of users.
I think I already saw an ETH address attached to some profile bio's but I wonder why I cannot find that option in my account. Maybe it is true that it is only working on iphone or apple devices. That's not for for me and to other users that aren't a fan of apple products. There are people that like iphone but they cant afford it because its price is expensive.

Maybe twitter target rich users only because ETH coin are also for the rich users due to the high cost fees. How can this beat btc when not all people can use it? But apart from ETH being implemented in twitter, nft can now be used too as a profile picture in twitter using mask network.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 07:25:09 PM

Quite surprised that Twitter got it first and earlier than Facebook. Facebook even had their own Payment system in their Messenger App, but it was obviously USD or whatever your local currency is. It's no use for me still even if I was former trader of Ethereum, as I usually just tread around Twitter for some juicy dramas and I can't even remember involving a single penny into it.

There are others mentioning here that it's just like a tipping feature. That's nice.
evichi

Activity: 1204
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 20, 2022, 12:27:16 AM

The idea of tipping and using cryptocurrency for the tipping is good. What is not clear to me is why choose Etneruem as the tipping crypto when there are other coins/tokens that have lower gas fee for transaction? Usually tipping is expected to be low amounts, might be in cents so the value may be very small. This means the gas fee might cost more than the tipping. Perhaps, there are other reasons, but I am sure twitter is aware of the high gas fee Ethereum. Perhaps, Twitter have other reasons that will be clear in the future.

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: