Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:27:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Limit Buy Filled but Cryptocurrency didn't go that low?  (Read 114 times)
dominover (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 21, 2022, 12:13:00 PM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (2)

I had a limit buy order set to but a specific crypto (XRP) at a lower price.  The order has now been filled but for some strange reason I can't see any trade history indicating that the crypto price went that low.   

Does anyone know how this happens or is there something I haven't taken into consideration here?  Is it some quirky thing with Cryptocurrencies I'm not understanding?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6106

View Profile
February 21, 2022, 12:18:31 PM

Which exchange are you using? A simple look at the charts and the 24H low should give you the answer to your question, have you tried doing that?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dominover (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 21, 2022, 02:28:42 PM

Thanks for your answer.  I realize that different exchanges provide different prices.  Coinmarketcap provides a slightly different price to Binance!  Anyway, at the end of the day I found the bottom of the range and it seems to be working out for me. 
I was surprise that there was a difference at all.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 21, 2022, 03:06:37 PM

Take note: Prices on CoinMarketCap is calculated based on average prices on various(dozens and dozens) exchanges. So a certain cryptocurrency can be slightly cheaper or more expensive on exchange A compared to exchange B, especially when someone does a significantly sized buy/sell purchase and the arbitrage bots haven't reacted yet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1786

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
February 22, 2022, 08:19:47 PM

Thanks for your answer.  I realize that different exchanges provide different prices.  Coinmarketcap provides a slightly different price to Binance!  Anyway, at the end of the day I found the bottom of the range and it seems to be working out for me. 
I was surprise that there was a difference at all.
If you want accurate results, always look at the charts or trade history in that particular exchange at the time the order was filled, otherwise using the party coin price ranking sites like coinmarketcap won't give you an accurate indication of the price.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2022, 05:46:04 AM

I had a limit buy order set to but a specific crypto (XRP) at a lower price.  The order has now been filled but for some strange reason I can't see any trade history indicating that the crypto price went that low.   

simply look into chart and change time frame to 1 day . look for date your order is filled what the lowest prices for that day.

1 candle represent what the highest and the lowest price for 1 day ( if you change time frame to 1 day )
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2022, 12:10:48 PM

Different exchanges have different prices and it is chance for arbitraging traders. If you really have one account on one exchange and have orders there. Some ways to check
- Log in your account, go to that trading pair and check it with different candles (1H, 4H, 1D or short frame 30 mins, 15 mins)
- Check it on Trading view but make sure you check that trading pair on the exchange you use

Checking with marketcap websites are not correct. They use average prices on all or some exchanges on which a coin listed and have tracked trading volume and price.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2022, 01:49:52 PM

(....)
It will always show in your trading history for sure especially when the order is triggered or for example, you have to buy an order, when you saw a change of balance in your account means it was triggered.
Another thing is you should be aware that there is market order and limit order, maybe you misunderstood this part or did not know their difference.
See: Market Order vs. Limit Order: What's the Difference?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 09:26:56 PM

It should be looking like it hit that level if you were able to buy at that level. Imagine this for a second. You see a coin that is 100 dollars per coin, and you put an order at 50 bucks, in case if it drops that low, you see the price at 80 bucks but you have the coin, what does that tell you? It means it went to 50 bucks, allowed you to buy from that order, then get back to 80 dollars. Otherwise why would people give you that much lower if the price is higher?

If you are not seeing it going that low and the price is higher right now then do not be really shocked but just be happy because now you are holding a coin that is higher than where you bought it.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 09:51:49 PM

This should not be a problem for you. To see the low or high of the coin you are buying or selling you can do check that from CMC. CMC has that feature there, what you need is to search out the coin and you scroll down to find different features and details that you want to see. Except you are looking at exchange particularly but I don't think it will update history of your order when you have ongoing order.
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:57:25 PM

This should not be a problem for you. To see the low or high of the coin you are buying or selling you can do check that from CMC. CMC has that feature there, what you need is to search out the coin and you scroll down to find different features and details that you want to see. Except you are looking at exchange particularly but I don't think it will update history of your order when you have ongoing order.

Looking at CMC is not precise if you are looking at specific exchange. This is why users above already suggested to look the high and low in the exchange that he is using, which I very well agree. Because looking at CMC may have a little bit of deviation from the actual low of the exchange. And I think the OP already got the idea where to look at. Just checking the 24h high or low in the exchange itself will give you the idea about the lowest and highest points for the exchange.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: