Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:29:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fluent with multiple languages, can i join multiple local boards?  (Read 753 times)
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1114

View Profile
March 05, 2022, 08:20:23 AM

Translator can be use to follow up on discussions that may seems interesting to a member just to have knowledge about the topics that is been discussed,  it will not make sense if a person who can't speak or understand the language of a particular local board to use a translator to participate on that discussion because sometimes translator can't give proper meaning of a language,  this can also be a problem for members of the local board to get better understanding of what is been translated.
I haven't thought of it this way until about now and it's very true. You know, translators focus on giving meaning to individual words and words could be contextual. In fact, some languages though spoken forward is interpreted from the rear to make sense (I don't know if you guys get the message I'm trying to present here and I wish you do). That could be the case and participating in such a people's discussion could lead you astray and also, set some confusion to what is being discussed.

There might be no rule restricting a users encroachment on other nation's local board but for a discussion to stay the course of its people as per how they are mostly affected and would help them the most, I think it should be reserved for the locals only. By locals, it doesn't mean of the particular origin but, being surrounded by the same environment or boundaries.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
coupable

Activity: 2352
Merit: 757

View Profile
March 05, 2022, 04:45:33 PM

Me myself i used to join English discussions since i start using the forum 2015. At that time i don't remember if a board with my local language was created [Arabic]. Then since 2018, i used to frequent arabic board after i saw many good forum members are in there ; arabic is my mother tongue and french is my second language and i can even pratice it better than English but unfortunetly there are no much activities out there but i posted in few times anyway.
Posting in multiple languages can't be forbidden whatever the reason expect you post with a language out of its appropriate board or using automatic translation tools .

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: