Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:17:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why NFT might become important in the cryptospace and the world  (Read 332 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1452

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 02:25:59 AM

There was a thread arguing why we should not invest in NFTs. I agree that similar to the ICOs of 2017, there will be scams and this is a good reason to avoid them. However, similar to ICOs as a democratic method to fund a project, NFT is becoming a cultural submovement that also earns income for the artists and the collectors of the artists’ work.

Also, those digital art pieces might also develop into something important in the cryptospace similar to how a Van Gogh or a Picasso are important in the physical world. This is art, this is culture and because we are humans, much of us have an inborn ability to create art and treasure art of different forms.

I speculate similar to ICOs and Defi, NFTs will be here for many years.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
julerz12
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1124

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2022, 05:34:31 AM

Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell. As it stands, NFT space is littered with spam and low quality arts that if not controlled will only paint the entire NFT space with bad rep. While the very first NFTs like cryptopunks and kitties might even survive and be eternalized, pretty sure thousands of these so called "arts" will be burried and forgotten eventually. When there's nothing else to fan the flame, it will eventually die out.

cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1322

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 08:37:14 AM

I agreed to OP. Nft is just like a regular ico or ido, they may be pose some threat or scam approach but thats happening eversince right? So why not give it a try since metaverse is seems to be the path of all those nft. People are really skeptical about investment due to scam attempts but if they found a good investment on nft maybe they realize this wasnt bad after all.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 10:17:10 AM

There was a thread arguing why we should not invest in NFTs. I agree that similar to the ICOs of 2017, there will be scams and this is a good reason to avoid them. However, similar to ICOs as a democratic method to fund a project, NFT is becoming a cultural submovement that also earns income for the artists and the collectors of the artists’ work.

Also, those digital art pieces might also develop into something important in the cryptospace similar to how a Van Gogh or a Picasso are important in the physical world. This is art, this is culture and because we are humans, much of us have an inborn ability to create art and treasure art of different forms.

NFT market is purely created to help the scammers and money laundering activities. It's a great method to turn your black money into white. There is no art in the entire NFT world.

If you visit opensea platform and browse the collections, you will see ape pictures are being sold for millions and real pieces of art is staying unsold. There are multiple examples you can see during your visit.

NFT market doesn't value art, it values the hype! Once this hype is gone, NFT market will go down to drain as well.

Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 11:31:16 AM

I think it will be similar to all the hypes that are happening within the crypto space. First a new projects appears that is doing something different and become surprisingly very successful, then the next few project that are launching that are doing the same are also still successful. Then the hype cycle has reach it's highest points and we see a lot of copycat projects that are either just trying to make a quick dollar by copying existing projects or by even being outright scams to begin with. Then the hype around those topic slowly fades away but the good projects that are existing in that segment will stay and will continue to grow and expand but those will only be a few out of those 100's that were created during the big hype.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 11:57:39 AM

IMO, I believe many crypto users and investors do not agree with that notions about NFTs because most people are saying that it was just a collector's hobby and not advisable for investments because NFTs are just digital artwork and there was no demand for it.

An argument like that is taking the NFT platform in doubts plus including the accusation that NFT's demand was artificially induced to gain hype on the NFT marketplace like the Open Sea,

But I will say may stand crypto thing is full of hype that's why everything in crypto is risky and there's was no distinction it doesn't matter what kind of idea it is the more important is that before anybody will invest they should know what we are doing.   
OcTradism

Activity: 1778
Merit: 809

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2022, 03:07:24 PM

There was a thread arguing why we should not invest in NFTs. I agree that similar to the ICOs of 2017, there will be scams and this is a good reason to avoid them.
Different trends in different years but if they have use cases and have good technologies back behind, they will survive. Scam projects can not kill an industry and they will be eliminated by the market, governments and time.

However, similar to ICOs as a democratic method to fund a project, NFT is becoming a cultural submovement that also earns income for the artists and the collectors of the artists’ work.

People discussed and thought about NFT with use cases as for art, games, etc but they can be used in many industries: finance, data storage and management, etc. NFT and related technologies have huge use cases and can be applied more in society.

NFT will be here but so few NFT projects nowadays will be here in next few years. Many of NFT projects will fail and be abandoned or they will have rug-pulls or scam exits. Nevertheless, it won't change the fact that NFT will not die.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 03:36:38 AM

NFT market is purely created to help the scammers and money laundering activities. It's a great method to turn your black money into white. There is no art in the entire NFT world.

If you visit opensea platform and browse the collections, you will see ape pictures are being sold for millions and real pieces of art is staying unsold. There are multiple examples you can see during your visit.

NFT market doesn't value art, it values the hype! Once this hype is gone, NFT market will go down to drain as well.

I agree that the market for NFTs is being used for moneylaundering, hiding illegal wealth and many of these are pump and dump scams. However, telling everyone that the NFTspace was only created for scammers, by scammers to scam everyone is very much incorrect.

Also, agreed. There will always be hype, however, there will always be culture. We should witness the development of this new platform for artists without bias.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Dave1

Activity: 1344
Merit: 538

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 03:42:30 AM

I think you have some point, and we might see a niche in the future just for NFT and maybe pure art collectors. And who knows, maybe we can see plots in the movie wherein instead of criminals stealing physical paintings and precious art, it will be NFTs in their hands.  Grin

So we will see how NFT markets will evolved in the next 5 years as this might be turn into a specialized segments of a market.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 01:40:20 AM

@Dave1. Correct, however, similar to the art community, the NFT that attracts much of the liquidity will be more valuable not only as a collector’s item or an investment, it might also become more useful for moneylaudering hehe. This is reality because liquidity will only attract and create more liquidity. Much of the art industry is also unregulated.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 06:28:00 AM

The NFT itself may be called as a big shot, but the art within? I don't think so. Separating the wheat from the chaff is hard in a world where every creator is sprouting their creativity, not until a long years after the art have been established, that it will gain mainstream attention in the yet of future worlds.

From what I see, there is a great distinction between ICO and Defi with NFT. The former of ICO was obliterated and deemed as failure, Defi may be embraced by many people but it will come as the technology itself matures. But NFT, I think NFT are able to gain wider mainstream attention even though it is still in the early stage compared to the former. The things that many regular Joe users are able to and make use of NFT, it may be a sign that there is something worth attention to within of it.
Gayong88

Activity: 1540
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 07:36:21 AM

Regarding the resemblance to ICOs, I'm not too deep into it, but what is certain is that NFT is one of the scientific revolutions for society, both in the art and gaming world, so it's not limited to just buying and selling cryptocurrencies. NFT is a competition because the amount of NFT is limited, unlike crypto, especially during presale and early minting, competition with other users.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2022, 03:25:45 AM

The NFT itself may be called as a big shot, but the art within? I don't think so. Separating the wheat from the chaff is hard in a world where every creator is sprouting their creativity, not until a long years after the art have been established, that it will gain mainstream attention in the yet of future worlds.

From what I see, there is a great distinction between ICO and Defi with NFT. The former of ICO was obliterated and deemed as failure, Defi may be embraced by many people but it will come as the technology itself matures. But NFT, I think NFT are able to gain wider mainstream attention even though it is still in the early stage compared to the former. The things that many regular Joe users are able to and make use of NFT, it may be a sign that there is something worth attention to within of it.

I very much disagree with your reply on ICOs. Everyone is aware that much of the ICOs from before 2017 have died, however, the ICO as a democratic method of fundraising a project will not die. It will be called something else and be made to appear like something else but it will be an ICO.

Ethereum begun as an ICO, also Binance and other big projects in the top 20 of coinmarketcap.com begun as ICOs.

NFTs will certainly go through a similar situation. Much of them will die and similar to julerz12‘s reply, there will only be a few that will hold their value. Cryptopunks and Bored apes yatch club might be the Ethereum and Binance chain of NFTs hehe.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ANSEL_2.0

Activity: 271
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 26, 2022, 05:16:42 AM

Only in game NFTs are useful not all those low quality art NFT that people are buying for thousands of dollars, it's only a matter of time that people will start realising that they waste money on so many NFTs, many of them will die and some will be worthless.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 03:48:12 AM

Only in game NFTs are useful not all those low quality art NFT that people are buying for thousands of dollars, it's only a matter of time that people will start realising that they waste money on so many NFTs, many of them will die and some will be worthless.

I very much disagree with your reply also. Do you know these Andy Warhol paintings? They are very similar to the style of NFT art, however, they are being bought and sold for millions of American dollars. What Andy Warhol has done was get images of famous people or images of ordinary things and create art out of them. 

We might not presently know this yet, however, NFT might be the combination of culture and the cryptospace.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 620

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 09:29:05 AM

Only time will tell.

The art industry is really a vast industry for which huge money is flowing there. And as the NFT has been born, they've just expanded their reach and now everyone, every artist can have their own exhibit just by providing their own arts published as an NFT.

I think that's the positive side of it and it's for all the artists, unlike before, the art was just mostly for the known artists and only a few gets the attention. But with the rise of NFT, they've became a prospect and I agree about the opportunity that it has given.

kaya11

Activity: 1316
Merit: 110

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 11:05:40 AM

The only time that it could match up to the value of the physical paintings is when a copy (NFT) of the said painting would be burn is some ways. Now is the time to make an NFT of those important paintings because there could be a WW3 and even those paintings are not safe. In order for them to survive even nuclear weapons would wipe them out is to save them in a digital one like NFT. Even they are kept underground for security purposes, we might lose them, we don't know yet what a Nuclear war could be, it might change the geographical features of the earth. NFT is a safe haven those treasures if they want to save them of course.

GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1355

Playgram - The Telegram Casino

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2022, 12:43:41 PM

(....)
Indeed, they will stay but for sure in the future, the methods or how they are being done will change like there could be some improvement in the future. Just like how ICOs, which there is newly developed like IDO (Initial Dex Offering), which become much better than ICO (for me).

NFT trend now for sure sometime in the future will be changing, like how it become famous for now and for sure later on it will improve like more options of owning it or the way how you own it.

▄▄███████▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████████████▀░
▄█████████████████████▄░
▄█████████▀▀████████████▄
██████████████▀▀█████████
████████████████████████
██████████████▄▄█████████
▀█████████▄▄████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀░
▀████████████████████▄░
▀███████████████▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀███████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Playgram.io
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄░░
▀▄

▄▀
▀▀▀░░
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
██████▄▄███████▄▄████████
███▄███████████████▄░░▀█▀
███████████░█████████░░
░█████▀██▄▄░▄▄██▀█████░
█████▄░▄███▄███▄░▄█████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██░▄▄▄░██░▄▄▄░██░▄▄▄░██
██░░░░██░░░░██░░░░████
██░░░░██░░░░██░░░░████
██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████

PLAY NOW

on Telegram
Scripture

Activity: 1303
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 12:49:57 PM

Actually, NFTs have a better chance to stay for good in the market compare to ICOs and DeFi, but don't get me wrong because all those three made a huge contribution in cryptomarket its just that NFTs are very broad and this is not just an art it can offer a lot more.

NFTs hype should remain active as well even though I didn't understand the purpose of some NFTs I still believe that if there's an investor then something is good about it and since Art can't be appreciated by many, only the true collector will see its real value. NFT will continue to contribute a huge impact in cryptomarket, lucky to be part of some NFT projects.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 03:23:53 PM

I very much disagree with your reply on ICOs. Everyone is aware that much of the ICOs from before 2017 have died, however, the ICO as a democratic method of fundraising a project will not die. It will be called something else and be made to appear like something else but it will be an ICO.
I stand to be corrected. As far as I am concerned, pretty much sales that are going on now are on IDO compared to ICO. While my point, ICO in a terminology way is left behind compared to what most people doing now which is IDO. But one thing I can be sure of is I also believe the crowdfunding method that started with ICO, and now some people said IDO as a successor of it is worth attending, per se.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: