Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:53:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About The DAO hack in 2016  (Read 39 times)
zasad@ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 4379

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2022, 08:08:35 AM

DAILY COVER|Feb 22, 2022
Exclusive: Austrian Programmer And Ex Crypto CEO Likely Stole $11 Billion Of Ether
https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2022/02/22/exclusive-austrian-programmer-and-ex-crypto-ceo-likely-stole-11-billion-of-ether/

https://twitter.com/avsa/status/1496109516445954055
"So in short the DAO hacker used:
* Shapeshift to convert ETC to BTC
* Wasabi to mix the BTC
* 4 Different central exchanges
* Withdrawn to Grin for added privacy

And yet he was a found. Thanks to chain analysis, insider cooperation and the hacker’s ego. It only takes one error."

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 11:38:40 AM

I remember that day when that DAO hacking incident set the Ethereum holders into panic mode and dump their Ethers including mine. which is, later on, I was regretted but how ironic is it with the span of 6 long years that the former CEO was barely identified as the DAO hacker today? and my question is how reliable is that information and why just now? I guess after six long years crypto people are not interested in it anymore. Just my opinion!
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2366
Merit: 837

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2022, 03:21:22 PM

Price was dumped after that DAO hack but it is not the worst. Many months after the hack, Ethereum recovered but could not make new all time high. It made people disappointed, tired, lost patience and sold their Ethereum. Slowly but eventually, Ethereum made its new highs in 2017 and it is a crazy year for Ethereum.

In crypto, there are good and bad stories from investors in a same coin. Good for some, bad for the most.
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 03:58:41 PM

The writer of the article is confident that she has found the culprit. The veiled responses support her theory but the article only mentions circumstantial evidence, Even then, just the fact that the DAO hacker has indeed been found and is in control of millions of ETH says a lot about the high-stake and fast-paced world of cryptocurrency wars.

Hackers and coders have made millions by exploiting code or by simply being there at the right time. The Ethereum fuelled run has been one of the biggest wealth generation opportunities of this century and non-coders like us would always regret to have been left watching at the sidelines.

But well, I guess once can only feel envy as those people have earned it because of their knowledge and not just by chance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: