Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:31:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does PoS works on ERC20, when creating a new token?  (Read 51 times)
dissi_xD (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 65

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2022, 10:57:12 AM
Merited by 1miau (2)

Hi,

i want to create my own crypto-token for my website. It should be a fan-token that can be claimed later by my faucet and can be used to pay for a membership upgrade. But the main function is to be a fan-token.

Since there are tools with whom everyone can create his own token in under 5 minutes, i think it should be a doable thing for me.

I want to make a PoS-Token to be environment friendly (i know, BTC gets most his power of renewable energy, but still, it's most and not all...). Is this possible? How does this work? eg. ETH is still PoW (tehy want to change that with ETH2). Since i want to create a ERC20-Token does the token automatically uses PoW since it's based on ETH or can i tell it, that it should be PoS?

In the scenario that i can't make it PoS until the final release of ETH2, is there much work to do after to bring it up to date for ETH2 or does this work automatically?

Do you have another idea for a blockchain to release a token on? If yes, why would you recommend that blockchain?
I've thought about ERC20 because it's the most common, so i think it should be easy to find solutions for errors. And also i havd a bit of ETH left to pay the Gas fee to put it on the real net and not the test net. So i don't need to convert my ETH in something else to put it on that blockchain...

Or are you familiar with the creation of a Token and want to help me with the project as a hobby? If yes, send me a message. But be aware that it's for free (not because i don't want to pay you, but because it's a hobby. I think i should be able to do it alone, but a helpful hand who knows more than me would still be nice).

Else what tipps do you have for me for creating a token? Which tutorials can you recommend? There are plenty of tutorials out there, but as webdeveloper there are also a lot of php tutorials out there and the one makes it very simple and the other makes it quite perfect. So which tutorials can you recommend? I don't want to make a simple token, it should be secure and all...

Thanks in advice Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 10:05:07 PM

Since i want to create a ERC20-Token does the token automatically uses PoW since it's based on ETH or can i tell it, that it should be PoS?
As of now, the token that is created is still using PoW, I think at least not until the merge is happen: Ethereum The Merge

In the scenario that i can't make it PoS until the final release of ETH2, is there much work to do after to bring it up to date for ETH2 or does this work automatically?
One thing for sure it won't be automatically. I suggest you refer to their upgrade page site, there is a lot of resourceful information there: The Ethereum upgrades

Since there are tools with whom everyone can create his own token in under 5 minutes, i think it should be a doable thing for me.
~
Else what tipps do you have for me for creating a token? Which tutorials can you recommend? There are plenty of tutorials out there, but as webdeveloper there are also a lot of php tutorials out there and the one makes it very simple and the other makes it quite perfect. So which tutorials can you recommend? I don't want to make a simple token, it should be secure and all...
If you want it to be secure and not simple, I believe not to use third-party apps/tools is necessary.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: