Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:29:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] OneCoin - Simple, Decentralized, Mineable Cryptocurrency  (Read 863 times)
TheQffel (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 07:55:54 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2022, 10:47:36 AM by TheQffel

Hello. I created a new cryptocurrency in C# .Net  focused on simplicity and user friendly. Now I am looking for people who want to mine and / or host a full node. It is coded from scratch, not a bitcoin fork.

Here is some cryptocurrency details:
 - Simplicity - This coin is super simple to use and easy to integrate with apps.
 - One Coin - Total supply of this cryptocurrency is exactly 1 coin (24 decimal places).
 - Tq Hash - This coin uses algorithm combined of Sha512, Sha256, Md5 and Md4.
 - Non Burnable - This cryptocurrency is almost 100% anty burnable.
 - Memory Hard - You need to have whole blockchain in memory to be able to mine.
 - Nicknames - Use nickname instead of long, hard to remember address.
 - Avatars - Set avatar for your account, so you can use it everywhere.
 - Fair Launch - There is no ICO or premine.

More detailed information: https://one-coin.org/faq.pdf
Project source code: http://github.com/TheQffel/OneCoin
Our discord server: https://discord.gg/SbsFcxFYsg

https://one-coin.org/desktop.png

https://one-coin.org/mobile.png

PS. This coin has nothing to do with OneCoin scam form few years ago. I named it OneCoin just because total supply of this cryptocurrency is 1 Coin.

Mainnet is live! Download latest release from HERE and start mining!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3172

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2022, 08:58:18 PM

PS. This coin has nothing to do with OneCoin scam form few years ago. I named it OneCoin just because total supply of this cryptocurrency is 1 Coin.

Obviously, that's why I suggest you change your coin name while you're still at the beginning. when I saw the name, the first thing that associated me was the famous Ponzi scam behind that name.
You trying to start something new, but with a name like this, it's like you're running a race, but it's your feet in the mud up to your knees.

by the way, are you so impatient that you publish all this with just a few pictures? An HTML page is not a big problem to make or even to buy it for a few bucks.
however, good luck with your coin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
worgon12

Activity: 427
Merit: 282

View Profile
March 02, 2022, 03:41:17 PM

Hello. I created a new cryptocurrency in C# .Net  focused on simplicity and user friendly. Now I am looking for people who want to mine and / or host a full node. It is coded from scratch, not a bitcoin fork.

Here is some cryptocurrency details:
 - Simplicity - This coin is super simple to use and easy to integrate with apps.
 - One Coin - Total supply of this cryptocurrency is exactly 1 coin (24 decimal places).
 - Tq Hash - This coin uses algorithm combined of Sha512, Sha256, Md5 and Md4.
 - Non Burnable - This cryptocurrency is almost 100% anty burnable.
 - Memory Hard - You need to have whole blockchain in memory to be able to mine.
 - Nicknames - Use nickname instead of long, hard to remember address.
 - Avatars - Set avatar for your account, so you can use it everywhere.
 - Fair Launch - There is no ICO or premine.

More detailed information: https://one-coin.org/faq.pdf
Our discord server: https://discord.gg/SbsFcxFYsg

Blockchain will go live between 4-6 march 2022 (but this date may change), more detailed start date will be announced soon together with download links and source code!
If you want to host a full node and / or mine this coin, wait for blockchain start, then you will be able to download latest release from github (github repository is private for now). It will work on Windows and Linux in terminal, but for there will be also user friendly graphical wallet for Windows, Linux and Android.

would also quickly change the name
if you want the coin to have a future

There is a bad association with the current name
TheQffel (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2022, 05:35:05 PM

I want to launch block chain tomorrow, so i won't have enough time to change the name. But you are probably right, it should be changed, so i maybe change it in near future. Now i need a good new name for it, for now i have no idea how to name it.

I edited my first post and added block chain launch info now, starting tomorrow.
TheQffel (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2022, 06:57:22 PM

We are almost ready to launch, but we need more public nodes! If you want to help and host you own node contact me on discord (you can also send me a private message or reply to this post, but i will respond quicker on discord)!
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 01:36:00 PM

What is the purpose of your coin? I presume it is just experimental to see how memory mining works? Interesting that you require the whole blockchain in memory to mine and it would be interesting to see what is going to happen once the blockchain sizes goes beyond the size of the average PCs memory. This will cause huge R/W load on HDDs and shorten the lifespan of SSDs considerably. Do yo have stats on HDD R/Ws for mining this coin if a portion is on the HDD?
Bacardi Toni

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 07:35:13 PM

How many public nodes are needed and what is the current status?
TheQffel (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2022, 06:06:00 PM

What is the purpose of your coin?
To make blocks verification process more energy-efficient, but still proof-of-work and also more asic-resistant. You need full blockchain, but it is not accessed whole at once. To mine block, you generate a hash and depends on this hash you need to hash it with previous block hash. But the "jump step" is bigger with each iteration. That means if you are at height for example, 1.000.000, and you have only blocks over 500.000 in memory, about 90% time you need to access that part in memory, not in hard drive, becouse the closer to blockchain height, the greater the chance of using that block. And also, it not support smart contracts (instead, transaction can have "message" field, this gives possibility to use it in 3-rd party apps) so blockchain will not be growing very fast. Empty block is about 4KB in size, each transaction is about 1KB (average). Maximum theoretical possible "jump step" is about 25.000.000 (practical even less). So, to store 25.000.000 blocks in memory (let assume that we have average 96 transactions in each block) we need 4+96 = 100KB for each block with transactions, that means 2.5 TB for latest 25.000.000 blocks. Is it a lot? For now maybe yes, but average block time is about 1 minute, so we need about 50 years to reach 25.000.000 block. In other words, after 10 years of mining we will need about 512GB of ram. It may be quite expensive to buy, but it is definitely more energy efficient (each memory module will use only about 5 watts), than Ethereum mining rig or Bitcoin asic, which are also expensive.

How many public nodes are needed and what is the current status?
As many as possible, becouse more nodes mean more stable network. To make node simply open port 10101 (TCP required, UDP recommended) download latest release form github and run. Mainnet already launched, more info on discord.
saki2fifty

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 17, 2022, 12:11:27 AM

Woot Woot... got in at start!  It appears like you have put a lot of work into it, and it shows.  Been mining all day, have mined several blocks and running solid.

Built in Explorer and other tools, local web based stats, well thought out.

I have a good size GPU farm, HDD farm, and now adding this as my main CPU coin.

Keep it up, and good job!
wanganxiu

Activity: 211
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2022, 09:11:45 PM

Best project of the year.
TheQffel (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2022, 07:49:36 AM

We are opened first mining pool! Now it is at experimental stage, but you can mine already, more info on our discord.

We also reach block 10.000, transactions are now unlocked!
sdnz

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 10:21:51 PM

We are opened first mining pool! Now it is at experimental stage, but you can mine already, more info on our discord.

Wow, passed 100,000 blocks now! Any good news?
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 10:27:11 PM

Curious where the fate of this coin is heading to? The OP should have created a new name in the first place. What I remember upon seeing its name is the scam pulled by the OneCoin project years ago. For newcomers, they may not know it but a lot of old timers here will always associate the name to that scam exit.
theburguet

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 09:33:56 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2022, 11:22:13 PM by theburguet

Wow!! A very interesting project, i going to mine now this crypto!!

MMOStars

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 02:38:54 PM

Curious where the fate of this coin is heading to? The OP should have created a new name in the first place. What I remember upon seeing its name is the scam pulled by the OneCoin project years ago. For newcomers, they may not know it but a lot of old timers here will always associate the name to that scam exit.

Nowhere, mining algo is complete junk. 90% miners jumped off long time ago.
theburguet

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 13, 2022, 08:05:22 AM

Wow!! A very interesting project, i going to mine now this crypto!!

I've been mining for a few days and I put a query in the project's discord.

However, nobody has answered, it may be a dead project or maybe it only has one person working on it. Angry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: