Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:23:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic sanctions are not a war declaration  (Read 883 times)
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1588

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 31, 2022, 09:36:08 PM

Do you think that after changing the payment and eventually threatening to cut contractually signed gas supplies would any country invest ever in a gas pipe to connect to Putin's Russia? Do you dream of an Eastern alliance with such a reputation?
I think the freezing of funds of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation is a serious reputational damage for the West. The USA, Great Britain, the European Union, Japan and even Switzerland have significantly discredited their own national currencies in the eyes of the entire world community - the US dollar, the pound sterling, the euro, the Japanese yen and the Swiss franc, these fiat currencies can no longer be considered reliable enough for long-term storage, because they can be easily frozen, just when you need them most. The value of fiat currencies rests on the trust in the issuer, and this trust no longer exists. In fact, this is the end of the Jamaican monetary system.

I agree, there is a reputation come, but I think this is the right reputation actually. If you are willing to threaten and invade, you have no business here.

BTW, I have a completely different version of the negotiations with Ukraine regarding the gas, as Putin needed the agreement of Ukraine to send gas to the EU. As we like to say in some of the places I live "donde tengas la olla no metas la polla".
Sometimes it seems that you and I generally live in some kind of parallel worlds. One and the same reality and we have such a different view of it. It's funny that we can still continue the dialogue. Grin

I am not surprised, in the places I live people talk, even if to disagree and tell others they are wrong (without killing them usually). There something about the Russian unwillingness to compromise, in general, that I find difficult to understand.

be.open
Copper Member

Activity: 2086
Merit: 903

White Russian

View Profile
April 01, 2022, 03:19:35 AM

You are so funny when you squirt bile. Here is Putin's decree on the "gas for rubles" mechanism, which begins to operate from tomorrow.

Here is the "mechanism": Gazprom bank would open euro/dollar and ruble accounts for gas buyers; buyers are supposed to transfer euros/dollars; the bank then would convert those euros/dollars to rubles; Gazprom would take those rubles.

The companies with existing contracts pay in Euros. The new contracts, if any, will need to be negotiated in Rubles.

German gas suppliers continue to pay Gazprom in Euros, just like before the war/sanctions.

What Gazprom does with the Euros is their business.
1. Starting today, Gazprom supplies gas to unfriendly countries for rubles (exceptions are possible through the decision of a government commission).

2. The mechanism is as transparent as possible for Western clients - they continue to receive gas under existing contracts, the conversion of euros into rubles for Gazprom through the Moscow Currency Exchange will be done by Gazprombank affiliated with Gazprom, which for the normal operation of the mechanism must be free from Western sanctions. This is just a working mechanism for circumventing sanctions, which your propaganda trumpeted as a win, giving European politicians a chance to save face. In the week of waiting for Putin's decree in Europe, they came up with everything, including scenarios that would be catastrophic for the economy of an immediate refusal of Russian gas, so the mere possibility of continuing to pay in euros under existing contracts is regarded by the European Union as its own victory. I said above that Putin's first offer is usually the best for partners - and here it is. Putin shows respect for the German industrial business by keeping their existing contracts almost unchanged, except for the bank details of the recipient of funds for a stable supply of Russian gas. Putin does not want to break mutually beneficial ties with Europe, because Moscow is also Europe. This is a strong move by Putin, showing him as a mature strategist. But you can keep shouting "Пepeмoгa", ok.  Grin

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2022, 06:33:28 AM

You are so funny when you squirt bile. Here is Putin's decree on the "gas for rubles" mechanism, which begins to operate from tomorrow.

Here is the "mechanism": Gazprom bank would open euro/dollar and ruble accounts for gas buyers; buyers are supposed to transfer euros/dollars; the bank then would convert those euros/dollars to rubles; Gazprom would take those rubles.

The companies with existing contracts pay in Euros. The new contracts, if any, will need to be negotiated in Rubles.

German gas suppliers continue to pay Gazprom in Euros, just like before the war/sanctions.

What Gazprom does with the Euros is their business.
1. Starting today, Gazprom supplies gas to unfriendly countries for rubles (exceptions are possible through the decision of a government commission).

2. The mechanism is as transparent as possible for Western clients - they continue to receive gas under existing contracts, the conversion of euros into rubles for Gazprom through the Moscow Currency Exchange will be done by Gazprombank affiliated with Gazprom, which for the normal operation of the mechanism must be free from Western sanctions. This is just a working mechanism for circumventing sanctions, which your propaganda trumpeted as a win, giving European politicians a chance to save face. In the week of waiting for Putin's decree in Europe, they came up with everything, including scenarios that would be catastrophic for the economy of an immediate refusal of Russian gas, so the mere possibility of continuing to pay in euros under existing contracts is regarded by the European Union as its own victory. I said above that Putin's first offer is usually the best for partners - and here it is. Putin shows respect for the German industrial business by keeping their existing contracts almost unchanged, except for the bank details of the recipient of funds for a stable supply of Russian gas. Putin does not want to break mutually beneficial ties with Europe, because Moscow is also Europe. This is a strong move by Putin, showing him as a mature strategist. But you can keep shouting "Пepeмoгa", ok.  Grin

Lol. I am afraid, that train has left the station. The divorce proceedings are in progress.

If you think we will go back to the way things were even if Putin withdraws his army from Donbas and Crimea tomorrow, you are mistaken.

Your fuhrer is a war criminal, and nothing will change this fact. You guys are done.  All civilized world will not want to have anything to do with you.

No more Blancpain watches for you, Volodiya.

Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
April 01, 2022, 06:46:58 AM

Russian sanctions lifted already. Not all but a start
https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/126/russia_gl6a.pdf

be.open
Copper Member

White Russian

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 04:17:24 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2022, 07:11:22 AM by be.open

Lol.
Glad you're having fun. Grin
I am afraid, that train has left the station. The divorce proceedings are in progress.

If you think we will go back to the way things were even if Putin withdraws his army from Donbas and Crimea tomorrow, you are mistaken.

Your fuhrer is a war criminal, and nothing will change this fact. You guys are done.  All civilized world will not want to have anything to do with you.

No more Blancpain watches for you, Volodiya.
What divorce process, what are you talking about? Europe has spent a week considering the possibilities and prospects of abandoning Russian gas, and now it looks like it will be happy to announce its victory, continuing to pay for gas in euros, bypassing its own sanctions. Europe cannot refuse Russian gas right now - this is an immediate economic disaster with the shutdown of large industrial enterprises. Europe cannot abandon Russian gas in a year or two - too much time and money will be spent on building a new infrastructure adapted for liquefied gas, and free liquefied gas simply does not exist on the market in sufficient volumes, and there is nowhere to take it from. Having mentally abandoned Russian gas, Europe realized the scale of its dependence on it, in general, on the supply of fertilizers, raw materials, natural resources and cheap energy from Russia, and I think it was a very educational experience.

In the meantime, here's a recent article in The Economist on the effects of economic sanctions on Russia.
If any economy could come close to coping with being cut off from the world, it would be Russia’s.
In short, it looks like the Russians пoxyй about sanctions.

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1588

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 12:38:02 PM

If any economy could come close to coping with being cut off from the world, it would be Russia’s.

You have exchanged all your roubles to US or bitcoin haven't you?

be.open
Copper Member

White Russian

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 07:55:17 AM

You have exchanged all your roubles to US or bitcoin haven't you?
Fiat money is not the best option for long-term investments due to inflation, I use rubles for current expenses and also I like bitcoin.

geraldwkoonce

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 12:26:38 PM

European Parliament supports immediate imposition of embargo on oil and gas imports from Russia

The European Parliament supported a resolution calling for a full and immediate embargo on imports of Russian energy: oil, gas, coal and nuclear fuel. This was announced by MEP Guy Verhofstadt.

The document was supported by the vast majority of MEPs. 413 out of 552 parliamentarians voted for him. Abstentions - 46, against - 93.

I think if an embargo is imposed on Russia, then all previous sanctions will turn out to be simply ridiculous
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: