Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:36:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic sanctions are not a war declaration  (Read 883 times)
be.open
Copper Member

Activity: 2086
Merit: 903

White Russian

View Profile
March 24, 2022, 09:28:56 AM

World once again move back to the crazy old days.
I would like to point out that the supply situation for liquid fuels makes all owners of commercial vehicles in their own interest the conversion to the operation with wood generator gas as a duty.
Anyone who does not convert his vehicle can not expect to continue to receive petrol or diesel fuel in the foreseeable future.
Reichsminister Albert Speer, 22.10.1942
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXaoQ0k9Jlg
Half hour start-up time takes all the stress out of the rush hour. With extra bag of supply and refulling stops more then 100km reach.
Should be made compulsory for idiot politicians for daily work drive.
Elon Musk recently launched a factory in Germany and even danced at the opening. To hell with gasoline, progressive Europe will soon drive only electric cars! And electricity for them will be generated by wind turbines. The main thing is that the wind does not blow from the east, from the territory of backward Russia. And then scientists will invent household teleporters and the problem of movement will be solved in a radical way. Just to live until brighter days!  Grin

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8934

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2022, 11:15:51 AM

I don't know about Russia's retaliatory capabilities against countries that don't border them but Putin will likely try something.
Putin today announced the sale of gas for rubles to unfriendly countries.

Putin could easily force Gazprom to sell their euros at any rate he wants. The only reason to try to force e.g. Germany to do it is to basically renege on the contract - I bet the rate he wants will be something ludicrous and not the current market rate. Essentially he wants more euros, not rubles.
be.open
Copper Member

White Russian

View Profile
March 24, 2022, 12:31:33 PM

I don't know about Russia's retaliatory capabilities against countries that don't border them but Putin will likely try something.
Putin today announced the sale of gas for rubles to unfriendly countries.

Putin could easily force Gazprom to sell their euros at any rate he wants. The only reason to try to force e.g. Germany to do it is to basically renege on the contract - I bet the rate he wants will be something ludicrous and not the current market rate. Essentially he wants more euros, not rubles.

Well, yes, I think Putin has enough rubles. But there is a nuance, now Germany, Austria, Japan and all other unfriendly countries that buy gas from Russia will want rubles. And in order to continue buying Russian gas, they will have to learn how to get around their own sanctions, which they have so generously imposed on Russia. And they will have to support the Russian economy, which they have already declared "torn to shreds."

Walked now to the store - the shelves are full of products, including sugar. I didn’t buy it, I still have more than enough stocks from the pandemic. Prices for office paper are also artificially inflated, a pack of A3 paper is cheaper than a pack of A4 paper, although it is enough to cut an A3 pack in half at the nearest printing house and there will be two A4 packs. Maybe this is a good reason to reduce the bureaucracy in Russia and introduce electronic document management not together with paper, but instead.

Russia has been living under sanctions for a hundred years, this will not scare us. We are Russians - God is with us.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2022, 01:06:44 PM

Well, yes, I think Putin has enough rubles. But there is a nuance, now Germany, Austria, Japan and all other unfriendly countries that buy gas from Russia will want rubles. And in order to continue buying Russian gas, they will have to learn how to get around their own sanctions, which they have so generously imposed on Russia. And they will have to support the Russian economy, which they have already declared "torn to shreds."

No matter how you polish the turd, Putin wants more euros. There rest of it is status quo, gas/oil exports for the most part haven't been sanctioned and there is no additional support for the Russian economy. On the contrary, this ruble nonsense will make even more loyal gal/oil buyers rethink dealing with Russia.

it is enough to cut an A3 pack in half at the nearest printing house and there will be two A4 packs.

And then cut it further and glue it together to make cash register tape, etc. What could possibly go wrong.

Russia has been living under sanctions for a hundred years, this will not scare us. We are Russians - God is with us.

That's one thing Russia will never run out of - imaginary murderous sky fairies.
be.open
Copper Member

White Russian

View Profile
March 24, 2022, 01:24:40 PM

No matter how you polish the turd, Putin wants more euros.
You think irrationally, what is the point of him wanting the euro if they are under sanctions? What to do with them - look at the frozen numbers on the screen? The European Union is now in an extremely difficult life situation for anyone in their right mind to want the euro. Uncontrolled price increases, strikes, an influx of refugees and strong internal divisions. My forecast for the European Union is that it will collapse in one or two years, and in a month one euro will be cheaper than one US dollar.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2022, 03:27:42 PM

Well, yes, I think Putin has enough rubles.

You think irrationally, what is the point of him wanting the euro if they are under sanctions?

Which is it then?

What to do with them

I don't know, ask Vlad and tell us.

The fact is, Putin's Russia will be selling rubles to Germany to pay for gas, so euros will end up in Putin's pocket, just as it's happening now.
Zlantann
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 24, 2022, 04:11:21 PM

Sanctions will never deter Putin, this war has been planned for years. Russia for now is indispensable and Putin understands this fact. It would take years for the world to learn how to survive without Russia. Ukraine should know that NATO is powerless, they are avoiding direct military conflict with Russia and their hands are tied economically. Ukraine and Russia have learnt their lessons: Ukraine now know that Russia is untouchable and Russia understands now that Ukraine is not a military walkover. The solution now is compromise, but Zelensky should know that Ukraine must make the greater sacrifice.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
be.open
Copper Member

White Russian

View Profile
March 24, 2022, 04:18:22 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2022, 04:30:24 PM by be.open

The fact is, Putin's Russia will be selling rubles to Germany to pay for gas, so euros will end up in Putin's pocket, just as it's happening now.
Russia does not need euros, but the freedom to dispose of them, to buy everything that Russia needs, even if sanctions are imposed on it. One phrase of Putin's "gas for rubles" made 6,000 Western sanctions a senseless hysterical dummy. It is foolish to threaten Russia when she holds you by the balls - Europe will quickly learn this lesson.

Russia could itself overcome the sanctions through spacers and intermediaries, it has enough loyal partners in the world and enough experience. But then the Russians would have to pay overheads and commissions. Now the overhead costs of overcoming their own sanctions will fall on the shoulders of the West. This is an example of political judo, which Putin is very good at.

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2022, 04:31:00 PM

Russia does not need euros, but the freedom to dispose of them, to buy everything that Russia needs, even if sanctions are imposed on it. One phrase of Putin's "gas for rubles" made 6,000 Western sanctions a senseless hysterical dummy. It is foolish to threaten Russia when she holds you by the balls - Europe will quickly learn this lesson.

Don't threaten if you can't deliver - that's a sign of weakness. Russia could itself overcome the sanctions through spacers and intermediaries, it has enough loyal partners in the world and enough experience. But then the Russians would have to pay overheads and commissions. Now the overhead costs of overcoming their own sanctions will fall on the shoulders of the West. This is an example of political judo, which Putin is very good at.

LOL. You are clueless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSlyYCa05aM

be.open
Copper Member

White Russian

View Profile
March 24, 2022, 04:44:11 PM

Glad you're having fun. For many years the United States inspired you with the idea that the Armed Forces of Ukraine are the strongest army in Europe, and for three whole months of winter you were preparing for the invasion of Russia. And when it happened, you weren't ready. And now Zelensky is running around with a burnt bottom and begging everyone in a row for more planes and tanks, and in general at least something, and "the strongest army in Europe" is fragmented, disoriented, deprived of air support and has not carried out a single successful counter- offensive. It's a shame.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2022, 05:00:05 PM

Glad you're having fun. For many years the United States inspired you with the idea that the Armed Forces of Ukraine are the strongest army in Europe, and for three whole months of winter you were preparing for the invasion of Russia. And when it happened, you weren't ready. And now Zelensky is running around with a burnt bottom and begging everyone in a row for more planes and tanks, and in general at least something, and "the strongest army in Europe" is fragmented, disoriented, deprived of air support and has not carried out a single successful counter- offensive. It's a shame.

LOL. Just use google to verify what your propaganda is feeding you.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.php

At the rate Ukrainians are destroying Russia's equipment and soldiers, in a few months, they will wipe out 50% of their active army.
And Russia will have to declare martial law and introduce a general draft.

Ukrainians can only stay in this fight as long as NATO/US will continue to supply them with weapons, planes, tanks, ammunition, etc.

The issue Russia has is that if this continues few more months, they will have to deal with an economic collapse at home.
So they might have to withdraw as they physically might not be able to continue.

I bet NATO chose this route because they want to destroy Russia militarily and economically without stepping a foot on the Russian territory.

Do I agree with it? Hell no, I think it is inhumane that they are allowing Russians to control Ukrainian air space and bomb them indiscriminately.

NATO should disable Russian missiles sites, disable their air defense systems, destroy the Black Sea fleet, destroy the Kerch bridge, and bomb their bases in Crimea. All in a day or two. That is the correct course of action.

be.open
Copper Member

White Russian

View Profile
March 24, 2022, 07:13:08 PM

Just use google to verify what your propaganda is feeding you.
You are a very funny conversationalist, but it's time for me to sleep in the hayloft. Tomorrow morning I will get up again at sunrise, eat a baby for breakfast and drink vodka, then I will pull one European out of the cellar to feed my tame bear, then I will put on ceremonial bast shoes and an earflap with a red star, put firewood into the electric generator, turn on my analog lamp computer and I will again inspire everyone with horror on the Internet all day, telling propaganda. It's hard work, but after victory I was promised two sacks of potatoes, four cases of vodka and a dozen captured homosexual Europeans, my bear loves them very much for their tender meat.  Grin

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2022, 08:07:29 PM

Russia could itself overcome the sanctions through spacers and intermediaries, it has enough loyal partners in the world and enough experience. But then the Russians would have to pay overheads and commissions. Now the overhead costs of overcoming their own sanctions will fall on the shoulders of the West. This is an example of political judo, which Putin is very good at.

Translation: Putin is running out of euros and he needs more euros so he's trying to renegotiate the gas contracts.

That's all there is to it. He can't pay anyone outside of Russia (e.g. China) in rubles. He needs real currency. He's thoroughly fucked either way but if he can extort a few extra euros this way, he might be able to make it to May 9 and have a few tanks remaining for his last parade in the Red Square.
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1588

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 24, 2022, 10:06:13 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2022, 10:19:35 PM by paxmao

Just use google to verify what your propaganda is feeding you.
You are a very funny conversationalist, but it's time for me to sleep in the hayloft. Tomorrow morning I will get up again at sunrise, eat a baby for breakfast and drink vodka, then I will pull one European out of the cellar to feed my tame bear, then I will put on ceremonial bast shoes and an earflap with a red star, put firewood into the electric generator, turn on my analog lamp computer and I will again inspire everyone with horror on the Internet all day, telling propaganda. It's hard work, but after victory I was promised two sacks of potatoes, four cases of vodka and a dozen captured homosexual Europeans, my bear loves them very much for their tender meat.  Grin

I am sure you will do so. But I am sure you will not be able to buy an iPhone. You may get a PutinPhone 11. It comes with a preloaded white flag and a GPS that is rigged to tell you that you are always in Russia.

Translation: Putin is running out of euros and he needs more euros so he's trying to renegotiate the gas contracts.

That's all there is to it. He can't pay anyone outside of Russia (e.g. China) in rubles. He needs real currency. He's thoroughly fucked either way but if he can extort a few extra euros this way, he might be able to make it to May 9 and have a few tanks remaining for his last parade in the Red Square.

Pfff, it is so clear that Putin needs to support his currency... and to be honest that is great news, it means that sanctions and economic measures are sinking the ruble and that is something the media cannot hide from the Russian people... things cost what they cost.

I bet NATO chose this route because they want to destroy Russia militarily and economically without stepping a foot on the Russian territory.

Do I agree with it? Hell no, I think it is inhumane that they are allowing Russians to control Ukrainian air space and bomb them indiscriminately.

NATO should disable Russian missiles sites, disable their air defense systems, destroy the Black Sea fleet, destroy the Kerch bridge, and bomb their bases in Crimea. All in a day or two. That is the correct course of action.

NATO is officially neutral in this conflict. They can sell weapons to whoever they choose and at the price they choose as per the rules of war and the choice is to supply Ukraine as much as possible.

While it may look like a great idea to escalate and involve more countries directly in the war, the options you are proposing lead to escalation and the risk of a nuclear response. Such a response may range from a limited nuclear war to a full scale humanity self-destruction.

Do you really want to get your country nuked? Because it will be where the first strike would happen and it is a game with no winner.

be.open
Copper Member

White Russian

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 03:25:34 AM

Russia ran out of euros in gold and foreign exchange reserves a month ago, when one of the very first sanctions imposed blocked the funds of the Central Bank in dollars and euros. Translation - The West stole Russian euros.

China has not joined the Western sanctions, so the Central Bank's yuan is fine, don't worry about it. You did not understand what actually happened after the announcement of "rubles for gas". Now the ruble is the real currency, backed by (for starters) gas. Unlike the dollar and the euro with uncontrolled emission, which are essentially empty shells. It is very funny to see how the countries on the unfriendly list, which cannot refuse Russian gas here and now, will go through five stages of accepting the inevitable:
1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Gas for rubles

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2022, 03:46:50 AM

Russia ran out of euros in gold and foreign exchange reserves a month ago, when one of the very first sanctions imposed blocked the funds of the Central Bank in dollars and euros. Translation - The West stole Russian euros.

China has not joined the Western sanctions, so the Central Bank's yuan is fine, don't worry about it. You did not understand what actually happened after the announcement of "rubles for gas". Now the ruble is the real currency, backed by (for starters) gas. Unlike the dollar and the euro with uncontrolled emission, which are essentially empty shells. It is very funny to see how the countries on the unfriendly list, which cannot refuse Russian gas here and now, will go through five stages of accepting the inevitable:
1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Gas for rubles

Putin is still in denial that he is in no position to be making demands.

His knew-jerk reaction to ask for gas/oil payment in rubles will just speed up the decoupling of western economies from Russia.

Warp speed my friend.

I think the Soviet Union economy in Russia will be recreated faster than anyone could have predicted.

be.open
Copper Member

White Russian

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 04:00:02 AM

Putin is still in denial that he is in no position to be making demands.
Oh no, Putin is now in exactly the position where he can demand anything, unlike Zelensky. Gaddafi was killed for less. Previously, the United States solved such problems simply - they drove an aircraft carrier and started bombing, if only the appearance of an aircraft carrier was not enough. Where are the American aircraft carriers now? They are afraid to get closer than a thousand kilometers, because otherwise the hypersonic Dagger will fly in and turn it into a pile of flaming debris.

blackened515

Activity: 1218
Merit: 279

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 05:58:26 AM

That is why NATO should make it clear to him to stop bombing Ukraine or they will start bombing these nice malls in Moscow, and his bunkers in the Ural and Altai mountains.

They should talk from the position of power not weakness.  This is the only language Putin understands.

Do you think that is probably the best decision to take?
Don't you think NATO getting directly involved in the crises will worsen the situation? It seems Putin don't actually care about the sanctions been placed on his country. Also, remember that Ukraine is not a member of NATO yet, so I don't think NATO will for any reason send troops to support them. However, Putin is doing everything to ensure Ukraine doesn't join NATO. So sad that Ukraine keep losing it Citizens in the war.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
be.open
Copper Member

White Russian

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 06:08:51 AM
Merited by Vispilio (1)

It seems Putin don't actually care about the sanctions been placed on his country.
This is not so if Putin really did not care about the sanctions of the West - he would simply ignore them, or brush them off like an annoying fly. Sanctions against Russia are unprecedented and very painful (no one in the world lost $300 billion of their reserves overnight). But the West did not seem to take into account that Russia would have the audacity to impose counter-sanctions of a similar strength. And if Russia withstood the blow of the West with dignity, then whether the West will withstand the blow of Russia is a very big question. Russia has a very simple and strong economy with a steady budget surplus and a positive foreign trade balance. The Western economy is now like a huge bubble, inflated during the pandemic by quantitative easing programs to incredible proportions. And it looks like Putin has pierced this bubble with the sharp needle of his decision to sell gas for rubles.

I usually do not give free investment advice, but today I will make an exception. Hyperinflation is coming, buy bitcoin.

Etranger

Activity: 546
Merit: 918

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 12:43:23 PM
Merited by Vispilio (1)

Sanctions against Russia are unprecedented and very painful (no one in the world lost $300 billion of their reserves overnight).

This is what you call painful? Tell her about unprecedentness and pain

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ukrainian-girl-who-lost-arm-26477022

"Sasha, nine, said she hoped the Kremlin troops who shot her in the arm and slaughtered her dad in a flurry of machine gun bullets "didn't mean to hurt her"

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████