Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:05:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moved Core Blocks and now Armory won't work  (Read 67 times)
NLTCrow (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2022, 06:42:34 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Running Win 10.  My harddrive was just about maxxed out so I cut & pasted the AppData/Roaming/Bitcoin folder to an external drive.
Worked perectly with Core but now I can't get Armory going.
After Core is fully sync'd, Armory reads the wallets at startup but then nothing.
Been working at it for a couple days, following tutorials suggesting I need to add to the Armory Shortcut Target:

https://www.bitcoinarmory.com/troubleshooting/#how-can-i-change-the-blockchain-database-storage-location-for-armory-and-bitcoin-core

but none of my attempts has been successful.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 5601

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
March 16, 2022, 04:04:54 AM

Check your logs (armorylog.txt) if it's looking for the correct satoshi datadir, the log file is in Armory's data directory: %appdata%/armory
If you've set the correct path already, try to rebuild Armory's database in "Help->Rebuild and Rescan Databases" or better, look for errors in the logs first.

When setting the path using a shortcut, you should start Armory using that specific shortcut for it to apply.
BTW, the new website is here + link to the updated pathing tutorial: https://btcarmory.com/docs/pathing
I'd recommend the "config files".

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
NLTCrow (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2022, 06:25:09 PM

Thanks for the response.

The armorylog.txt file does show the path is still set for the original appdata-Bitcoin folder.
Even though I have manually changed the path in the Armory settings to the new external drive Bitcoin folder, it still keeps directing to the old default.

nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 5601

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
March 17, 2022, 03:55:59 AM

The armorylog.txt file does show the path is still set for the original appdata-Bitcoin folder.
Even though I have manually changed the path in the Armory settings to the new external drive Bitcoin folder, it still keeps directing to the old default.
Check all of the possible configurations that may still have the old satoshi directory setting:
  • 1. In the GUI (Armory) itself: "File->Settings...", "Bitcoin Home Dir" under "Blockchain and Database Paths"
  • 2. In %appdata%/armory: Run (WinKey+R), enter %appdata% and open Armory folder. Find and open armoryqt.conf and armorydb.conf with notepad and check if the pathing setting is there.
  • 3. Check if the shortcut that you're using has --satoshi-datadir parameter added in the target.

If there's none, then use the config file "armoryqt.conf" to set the new satoshi-datadir as instructed in the pathing guide.

Note: Armory should be closed before the new config applies.
Sometimes, there's a "zombie process" in the task manager that hinders the setting of new config.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████