Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:52:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: You might be a domestic terrorist if...  (Read 1981 times)
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2011, 09:11:34 PM

I just had to post this.

They probably mean to add to this list (of "characteristics that qualify a person as a potential domestic terrorist"), someone who uses Bitcoin or posts on the Bitcoin forums.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/ridiculous-dhs-list-you-might-be-domestic-ter?t51hb

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2011, 09:36:23 PM

I just had to post this.

They probably mean to add to this list (of "characteristics that qualify a person as a potential domestic terrorist"), someone who uses Bitcoin or posts on the Bitcoin forums.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/ridiculous-dhs-list-you-might-be-domestic-ter?t51hb

That sounds like me minus the religious views and the NWO conspiracy stuff. I'm not saying there is no NWO but I haven't seen any credible evidence. No, I'm not interested in arguing about it either. I'll just have to keep waiting for someone to make a reasonable case and hope that I'm right until then. I'm also running a Bitcoin exchange now exactly because Bitcoin promotes liberty. So, if anyone wants to donate to me in case I need legal defense, please do so. My address is in my signature and I will not spend any of the donations unless I get arrested.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2011, 10:06:35 PM

Sounds like everyone on the boards minus the religious views for a lot.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2011, 10:15:55 PM

Basically, if you are smart and capable of independent critical thinking you are a "domestic terrorist". As simple as that.

Hasn't every group ever in power hated those people?

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 10:42:00 PM

If you need an official source to determine if you should turn yourself in, consider these:

MIAC report on the modern miltia Particular attention to page 6

And from the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force:
Front:

Back:
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 10:45:20 PM

Basically, if you are smart and capable of independent critical thinking you are a "domestic terrorist". As simple as that.

Hasn't every group ever in power hated those people?

Yes, for no other reason that before they were in power, they were those people.  And more of those people are the greatest threat to (now their) status quo.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
PLATO

Activity: 493

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 10:52:46 PM

The problem with figuring out the Powers That Be and their MO is that all the information is really spread out. Figuring out just how Monsanto, the gov't, and the mass media work together is a difficult problem. The best summary I've found is "What You've Been Missing" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SD5-xfbcJI

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 10:54:43 PM

The problem with figuring out the Powers That Be and their MO is that all the information is really spread out. Figuring out just how Monsanto, the gov't, and the mass media work together is a difficult problem. The best summary I've found is "What You've Been Missing" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SD5-xfbcJI

That assumes that there is collusion, when there isn't a need for it.  The stand-alone complex theory is more likely.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 10:59:46 PM

You might be a terrorist if you are capable of critical thinking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI

How I miss this man..
Distribution

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 11:12:02 PM

But then again, you might be a domestic terrorist if the opposite is true. I'd post a picture, but I don't want to spread any idiot's name or image. Any of us can think of some stupid person, incapable of any original thought who uses violence to spread a "message."
PLATO

Activity: 493

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 11:12:59 PM

That assumes that there is collusion, when there isn't a need for it.  The stand-alone complex theory is more likely.

Oh, I agree, my phrasing was poor. 'Work together' does imply collusion. The Powers That Be are all acting in their own self-interest, which unfortunately is not 'our' self-interest.

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 11:26:40 PM

I'd post a picture, but I don't want to spread any idiot's name or image

I'll help ya

Distribution

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile