Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 09:46:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Internet computer (ICP): The new developments look amazing  (Read 70 times)
CryptoPro909 (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2022, 10:32:01 AM

Hi all,

I start this topic to know your opinion about an ecosystem I have been following for a while now, The Internet Computer.
For me it is a big competitor for ETH, Polygon, Harmony,...

Lets avoid to look at price action, as that is bad for the whole market atm, and I am more interested in fundamentals and long term thinking then short term price action...

The advantages of ICP were already impressive:

- Reversed gas fees
- No scalability issues
- Decentralized and community governance
- Strong ecosystem of Dapps being build (Distrikt, Entrepot, Sonic, Stoic,...)
- Constantly updated

As I see the developments now with Titanium and Motoko (1 universal language, is a dream...), this project should get massive attention very soon...

What is your opinion? Are you also holders?

Curious.

PS

For those that dont know, Titanium update:

The Internet Computer (IC) is attracting DeFi dapp developers. The ability to serve web-content directly from on-chain, unparalleled transaction speed, insignificant transaction and storage costs, and the fact that all data is stored on-chain make the IC the ideal blockchain network for DeFi. With the Titanium milestone, essential DeFi building blocks will be released, including APIs for accessing the IC ledger and for token transactions, examples illustrating the most common DeFi use cases, and a ledger canister that can be used by dapp developers.

https://dfinity.org/roadmap/?m=titanium

Motoko:

One key feature of the Internet Computer blockchain is the Motoko programming language. The Motoko programming language is a high-level, general purpose language that is similar to other modern programming languages, but specifically designed to handle asynchronous messaging efficiently.

Although Motoko provides an interpreter that can be used interactively and a standalone compiler, you can write programs and compile your code without using either one directly. Instead, in most cases, you interact with the programming language indirectly through an editor of your choice and using the dfx command-line execution tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eSceDOS-Ms

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: