Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:18:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum's Vitalik Buterin is the cover of Time Magazine.  (Read 58 times)
Fundamentals Of (OP)

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
March 19, 2022, 02:20:51 AM

The influential and respected Time magazine has Vitalik Buterin of Ethereum as its cover. The latest issue of Time featured the story of what the magazine dubbed as "The prince of crypto" and his brainchild, Ethereum. The article entitled "The Man Behind Ethereum Is Worried About Crypto's Future" is written by Andrew R. Chow. In an overview, Chow wrote, "Ethereum Creator Vitalik Buterin Fights to Fix the World He Created."

The article shares how Ethereum started and developed throughout the years, how it remained strong and solid after going through various challenges. It also shared how Ethereum's current development is somewhat off-track from Buterin's original vision. He is particularly wary of stuff like NFT and how people are now interested in money more than anything else.

Read it here.

https://time.com/6158182/vitalik-buterin-ethereum-profile/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
March 19, 2022, 02:30:39 AM

Yes I saw this and originally I assumed it was a fake photo however it seems to be genuine. What he said in the article is what he actually has been saying for years. I remember back in 2017 during that crazy bull run I think he said that he would quit ETH if people’s only main reason is to get rich off them.

This bull run with NFTs and Defi is no different. Most people are about the profits and not what coins like Bitcoin or Ethereum can do for the world in terms of money. Cryptos were created basically to bank the unbanked and many have lost sight of that when they are predicting of ETH going to $10K or BTC going to $100K.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Fundamentals Of (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2022, 02:52:05 AM

Yes I saw this and originally I assumed it was a fake photo however it seems to be genuine. What he said in the article is what he actually has been saying for years. I remember back in 2017 during that crazy bull run I think he said that he would quit ETH if people’s only main reason is to get rich off them.

This bull run with NFTs and Defi is no different. Most people are about the profits and not what coins like Bitcoin or Ethereum can do for the world in terms of money. Cryptos were created basically to bank the unbanked and many have lost sight of that when they are predicting of ETH going to $10K or BTC going to $100K.

Indeed. I share Vitalik's frustration when what's supposed to be "the launchpad for all sorts of sociopolitical experimentation: fairer voting systems, urban planning, universal basic income, public-works projects" becomes merely a platform for many, if not most, developers to create projects in order to make money. I can sense Vitalik's disappointment when what was supposed to be a technology for all kinds of good things ends up with "these $3 million monkeys."

I really admire Vitalik's simplicity. He must be a billionaire and yet he is only wearing clothes that are mostly donations and gifts. He doesn't even have a bodyguard with him.
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
March 19, 2022, 11:08:55 AM

I really admire Vitalik's simplicity. He must be a billionaire and yet he is only wearing clothes that are mostly donations and gifts. He doesn't even have a bodyguard with him.
Thats the trait of most billionaires. Look on sbf, he is also simple and others like Daniel too. All defi and prominent people on industry are literally simple people who have just an unlimited funds from crypto. But still they wont forget or even change their normal living routine. Why would Vitalik wears a very expensive clothes if he can wear simple and he used too wear clothes. At least he os comfortable with that.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Fundamentals Of (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2022, 01:05:21 AM

Thats the trait of most billionaires. Look on sbf, he is also simple and others like Daniel too. All defi and prominent people on industry are literally simple people who have just an unlimited funds from crypto. But still they wont forget or even change their normal living routine. Why would Vitalik wears a very expensive clothes if he can wear simple and he used too wear clothes. At least he os comfortable with that.

I don't know who sbf is. I also don't know Daniel. But I know very well that not all defi and prominent people on the crypto industry are literally simple like Vitalik Buterin. After all, so many people in the industry are creating projects for the money.

The reason why Vitalik always stands out in the crowd or on stage is that he is the simplest and yet he is probably the most brilliant. And he looks like he genuinely doesn't care about how he probably looks like in front of many people. Perhaps that's how a real genius behaves.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: