Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:10:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lemmings are doomed!  (Read 3390 times)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:25:34 PM

In fact, I can't and won't give you credit for being "right" unless we see 250. That's your call. So until then, why don't you go do something else or stop beating your chest for things most other people know too.

$250 wasn't my call!

$200 Range is my call! Maybe not tomorrow, nor the day or week after that....But Bitcoin will grind painfully down over the course of time, interspersed with the odd 'spirit rekindling' counter trend rally of course. My sentiment couldn't be more apathetic right now, but when I put my mind  or energies into anything, I generally find myself ahead of the trend.

MatTheCat is calling $200 range Bitcoin! Before any further ATH can ever be seen, if indeed any ATHs are ever seen again. If this doesn't transpire, then everyone can quote this statement for truth to eternity whenever I rear my head on this forum.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zapffe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:43:22 PM

In fact, I can't and won't give you credit for being "right" unless we see 250. That's your call. So until then, why don't you go do something else or stop beating your chest for things most other people know too.

$250 wasn't my call!

$200 Range is my call! Maybe not tomorrow, nor the day or week after that....But Bitcoin will grind painfully down over the course of time, interspersed with the odd 'spirit rekindling' counter trend rally of course. My sentiment couldn't be more apathetic right now, but when I put my mind  or energies into anything, I generally find myself ahead of the trend.

MatTheCat is calling $200 range Bitcoin! Before any further ATH can ever be seen, if indeed any ATHs are ever seen again. If this doesn't transpire, then everyone can quote this statement for truth to eternity whenever I rear my head on this forum.

I have been saying from January that BTC will only feel safe under 300$. That entire progress would be quicker if we would just let it drop, so it could actually start a real strong recovery, not just a "recovery" that is fueled by desperation and unrealistic hopes.

Until the price is under 300$, it's only good trade if you do quick temporal trades, riding some of the stronger waves that pop up from time to time. But it's not a smart choice to hold crypto for overnight until the price has settled correctly under 300$. Right now the only thing that is holding the price is the desperation of the hodlers and miners, who don't want to suffer a loss while selling. But this desperation is breaking slowly one person at a time, who decide "to hell with it" and cut their losses. This is what will cause the slow downfall. This could only be saved by new booms at central-, south-America or India, but it seems that no progress in these fields. The western market is saturated at the moment and only bitcoin nutcases can't see that.

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:53:37 PM

$250 wasn't my call!

Quoted, for my personal amusement.

Very unlikely... ~400: quite possible we'll revisit it. 300-400: could well be, in a final moment of despair. Falling below the previous ATH on a functioning exchange: not something a trader should bet on, in my opinion.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:31:58 PM

$250 wasn't my call!

Quoted, for my personal amusement.

Very unlikely... ~400: quite possible we'll revisit it. 300-400: could well be, in a final moment of despair. Falling below the previous ATH on a functioning exchange: not something a trader should bet on, in my opinion.

Buying now is the way to dramatically lower your cost average....For anyone who bought near the top.
There is a great chance $500 will hold, and if not then $400.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:50:30 PM

$250 wasn't my call!

I used to say stuff like that a lot.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
MatTheCat

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:52:45 PM

You think Silver Stacker circa 2011 ever thought he would see $18 Silver again? I seem to remember $500 being a certainty....cos the Fed, money printing, real money, JP Morgan's short position, cos Max Keiser said it would, [insert 2nd hand dogmatic rational here] etc

Bitcoin is now looking every bit as unhappy in the $500 range as it did in the $600 range in the days prior to the $400 crash.

oh and btw....even if Bitcoin hits $299.99, then my call was right.

I am saying $200 range, but what I really mean is lows that will shock everyone just as much as $400 seemed unthinkable when we were 'getting ready to break out from $800 range back in Jan 2014....except 'shock' may not be so appropriate as the fatigue, boredom and acceptance of defeat, will have set in by then......Was anyone really 'shocked' by the time Bitcoin ground down to $2 in 2011?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:55:15 PM

You think Silver Stacker circa 2011 ever thought he would see $18 Silver again?

Bitcoin is now looking every bit as unhappy in the $500 range as it did in the $600 range in the days prior to the $400 crash.

oh and btw....even if Bitcoin hits $299.99, then my call was right.

I am saying $200 range, but what I really mean is lows that will shock everyone just as much as $400 seemed unthinkable when we were 'getting ready to break out from $800 range back in Jan 2014....except 'shock' may not be so appropriate as the fatigue and boredom will have set in by then......Was anyone really 'shocked' by the time Bitcoin ground down to $2 in 2011?

400 "shocked" only those strawmen we collectively seem to be in your head. 266 halved, then halved again. 1200 went to 600, didn't touch 300 yet, but it'll only be below that you should start worrying. But what am I telling you, you're immune to reason (right now, at least).

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
MatTheCat

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:57:52 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 07:08:51 PM by MatTheCat

400 "shocked" only those strawmen we collectively seem to be in your head. 266 halved, then halved again. 1200 went to 600, didn't touch 300 yet, but it'll only be below that you should start worrying. But what am I telling you, you're immune to reason (right now, at least).

Problem is, that I was laughed and pointed at by those strawmen in my head, the strawmen that many people here actually are when I stated I was calling a $380 low. (I was out by $20, and my entire 60 BTC buy-ins were out by $8.66).

P.S. Who is to say that $10- $266 - $60 should be considered a complete market cycle in the same way that $0.001 - $30 - $2 was?

Perhaps it is going to be $10 - $1200 - $200? Lots of reasons why the April 2013 boom n bust might be considered as something other than the culmination of a complete market cycle, not least of all cos we had such an utterly raging bull market just 6 months down the line.

Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:58:30 PM

Lemmings are doomed?
Will Bulls or Bears turn out to be the lemmings?
Stay tuned....

Bitcoin BEAR

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:40:39 PM

I bought 75 BTC @ ~6$ to buy my first set of video cards to mine.  I've been mining ever since and have withdrawn BTC in the 4 digit range from mining pools.  My cost of entry would send you into a jealous fit.  I actually provide a service to support the network and spend BTC in the BTC economy.  I'm not here looking for dumb or fresh money to line my own pockets with.  It's people like you that are the problem with the world; right up there with those on Wallstreet who think: Fuck em' I got mine!

I call BS!
There is no way you mined 1000+ BTC with $450 of GPU's starting in 2012 (I was there, and I know what it took to mine a coin). I see only two possible contradictions to my statement:
1) You spent nearly every BTC you mined (as the difficulty rose), on more GPU's to stay productive. In this scenario, you now have very few BTC and a LOT of dusty, wore out cards. Not the best approach.

-OR-

2) You got one of the first ~10 ASIC's off the line. In which case you would have been better off solo mining. We know this isn't the case since you aren't Mr. Gornick or that douche-bag gigaVPS.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:57:09 PM

I bought 75 BTC @ ~6$ to buy my first set of video cards to mine.  I've been mining ever since and have withdrawn BTC in the 4 digit range from mining pools.  My cost of entry would send you into a jealous fit.  I actually provide a service to support the network and spend BTC in the BTC economy.  I'm not here looking for dumb or fresh money to line my own pockets with.  It's people like you that are the problem with the world; right up there with those on Wallstreet who think: Fuck em' I got mine!

I call BS!
There is no way you mined 1000+ BTC with $450 of GPU's starting in 2012 (I was there, and I know what it took to mine a coin). I see only two possible contradictions to my statement:
1) You spent nearly every BTC you mined (as the difficulty rose), on more GPU's to stay productive. In this scenario, you now have very few BTC and a LOT of dusty, wore out cards. Not the best approach.

-OR-

2) You got one of the first ~10 ASIC's off the line. In which case you would have been better off solo mining. We know this isn't the case since you aren't Mr. Gornick or that douche-bag gigaVPS.

Reading comprehension my friend.  First set.  I acquired many more that I did not pay for with BTC, and yes, I was one of the first people with an ASIC (in relative terms), albeit not first 10. In fact, I did the math not too long ago and if you were in the first 100 or so people to receive an Avalon, it alone mined over 1000BTC.  Further, I guess I should amend that statement as you've jogged my memory: I also bought 100BTC at ~$20 when I purchased the ASIC.

I also did not state how many coins I still hold, merely that I have mined in the range of four-digits.
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:27:09 PM

Fight bicker argue...
Everyone who is fighting stay here and continue, while I find other threads where no one is fighting.   Cheesy

MatTheCat

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:19:36 AM

Reading comprehension my friend.  First set.  I acquired many more that I did not pay for with BTC, and yes, I was one of the first people with an ASIC (in relative terms), albeit not first 10. In fact, I did the math not too long ago and if you were in the first 100 or so people to receive an Avalon, it alone mined over 1000BTC.  Further, I guess I should amend that statement as you've jogged my memory: I also bought 100BTC at ~$20 when I purchased the ASIC.

I also did not state how many coins I still hold, merely that I have mined in the range of four-digits.

If you got in the mining game so early on with all the latest and bestest equipment, then why do you seem like such an enraged bag-holder?

Held onto your coins a little too long or something?

Enjoy the apathetic Bitcoin sentiment and the now confirmed out and out Chinese Bitcoin ban.

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:27:16 AM

If you got in the mining game so early on with all the latest and bestest equipment, then why do you seem like such an enraged bag-holder?

Held onto your coins a little too long or something?

Enjoy the apathetic Bitcoin sentiment and the now confirmed out and out Chinese Bitcoin ban.

I'm far from an enraged bag holder.  However, idiot hacks like yourself disappoint me.  You offer nothing, just take for your own benefit.  Thrashing through threads on this forum pretending you're something your so painfully obviously not.  Real traders bring stability and support to a market and are rewarded for it.  Then there's people like you, running their mouth as if they're skilled and experienced leading the blind to the slaughter all while foaming at the mouth for 'dumb' and 'new' money. 

I care not what the sentiment is in the speculation sub-forum, and I care not what China does or doesn't do. Bitcoin has treated me exceptionally well and I believe it will continue to do so despite what you and your type do or don't.   
seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 04:43:47 AM

Dropt, Mat is just bitter he didn't invest in those 10$ coins he used to buy drugs. He is saying he is not but he can say sea is not blue, it's just so obvious.

And just as he dropped a bollocks then, he'll drop it this time too. He just doesn't have a balls, that's all  Grin

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000      
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000  
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:54:34 AM

Dropt, Mat is just bitter he didn't invest in those 10$ coins he used to buy drugs. He is saying he is not but he can say sea is not blue, it's just so obvious.

And just as he dropped a bollocks then, he'll drop it this time too. He just doesn't have a balls, that's all  Grin

Sounds about right.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:38:55 PM

I used to say stuff like that a lot.

And what greater role model for the young bitcoiner than Proudhon?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
MatTheCat

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:51:36 PM

And just as he dropped a bollocks then, he'll drop it this time too. He just doesn't have a balls, that's all  Grin

In contrast, you have the balls, but no brains.

U got lucky, cos u had the balls to go for it at the right time. But cos u have no brain, u have been rapidly losing net worth for months. Don't say you haven't been cos you have and don't try and pull that 'what seleme says and what seleme does are two different things pish'. It just isn't credible.

P.S. How are your Alt-coin holdings doing since last time you showed them off to us?

seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 03:23:17 PM

And just as he dropped a bollocks then, he'll drop it this time too. He just doesn't have a balls, that's all  Grin

In contrast, you have the balls, but no brains.

U got lucky, cos u had the balls to go for it at the right time. But cos u have no brain, u have been rapidly losing net worth for months. Don't say you haven't been cos you have and don't try and pull that 'what seleme says and what seleme does are two different things pish'. It just isn't credible.

P.S. How are your Alt-coin holdings doing since last time you showed them off to us?

Not only I haven't lost net worth for months, I'm about 400% up in fiat worth since ATH Cheesy

Alts went down more 10-15% in average, something I definitely didn't exclude when buying them, I still bought and will buy more because the price is winner and I haven't bought them to sell 15 minutes later, I don't do trade for 200$ win like you do Cheesy
It would be better if I waited a bit and started buying now, yeah, but you can't catch all bottoms, most of them are 3 baggers anyway Cheesy

PS. I've sold FTC at loss though, kinda didn't feel right to keep it, looks like it might be bought cheaper.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000      
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000  
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
MatTheCat

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:49:04 PM

Not only I haven't lost net worth for months, I'm about 400% up in fiat worth since ATH Cheesy

Hmm....bought in single figures and held. Up 400% since ATH. So are you a multi-millionaire or an actual billionaire?  Roll Eyes

Anyone who proclaims, "I aint bothered with any of that boring nonsense" at the first mention of a MACD or fibonacci retracement, and who trades only on 'his big balls', gets fkn slaughtered during a downturn. And you have been. You know you have been. It may not bother you so much because of how much u made in the run up, but since the ATH, you are not so much up 400%, as down 40%.

I thus conclude that you are full of shit. Simple as that.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: