Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:30:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: B450 Tomahawk problem  (Read 63 times)
XUR_TIP (OP)

Activity: 227
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 23, 2022, 03:40:27 AM

I've been trying to assemble a mining rig using this B450 Tomahawk Max II motherboard, this MOBO has five pcie slots and the problem is only four slots works no matter what I try, driver always crashes when miner is starting with 5th graphic card onboard, I've tried all risers and GPUs in a separate mobo they all work flawlessly, help.

sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
March 23, 2022, 09:10:16 AM

I've been trying to assemble a mining rig using this B450 Tomahawk Max II motherboard, this MOBO has five pcie slots and the problem is only four slots works no matter what I try, driver always crashes when miner is starting with 5th graphic card onboard, I've tried all risers and GPUs in a separate mobo they all work flawlessly, help.

What cards, which miner, OS? Above 4G is activated in bios Huh
5W-KILO

Activity: 234
Merit: 35

Moon.win

View Profile
March 23, 2022, 09:28:10 AM

@sxemini what if the motherboard doesn't have 4G switch in BIOS or not? I have a Chinese motherboard J&W H81P with 6 pcie slot that only works with 5 graphic cards when I insert 6th GPU the motherboard won't boot up but funny thing is I can't find this 4G encode with in BIOS.

sxemini

View Profile
March 23, 2022, 09:35:14 AM

@sxemini what if the motherboard doesn't have 4G switch in BIOS or not? I have a Chinese motherboard J&W H81P with 6 pcie slot that only works with 5 graphic cards when I insert 6th GPU the motherboard won't boot up but funny thing is I can't find this 4G encode with in BIOS.

You have and old motherboard with H81 chipset - here you can´t find this option i think Wink

5W-KILO

Activity: 234
Merit: 35

Moon.win

View Profile
March 23, 2022, 12:37:20 PM

You have and old motherboard with H81 chipset - here you can´t find this option i think Wink

Any way around this? I heard that CPU gen can also cause PCIe slots not to work the CPU in this motherboard is core i3 processor any help will be appreciated, thanks for replying at least.

sxemini

View Profile
March 23, 2022, 01:06:30 PM

Any way around this? I heard that CPU gen can also cause PCIe slots not to work the CPU in this motherboard is core i3 processor any help will be appreciated, thanks for replying at least.

CPU is not important, all Intel CPU have enough lanes for 6 cards. I have an old Asrock H81 BTC running with an celeron 1840 - works well.

Did always the same PCIe not working? Did you change the pcie slots? Are your running Linux or Windows.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: