Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:42:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Financial crimes against traders  (Read 201 times)
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
April 09, 2022, 11:59:18 PM

Pump and dump is detrimental to the cryptocurrency world. I first knew about pump and dump scheme from Pmalek thread where newbies and Jr members answers questions to earn merits. Thanks to him.
Then Op, crypto is not regulated and it has many loopholes through which it can be manipulated. Calling out a few out of thousands for a law suit does not make sense to me and I doubt if you will have a tangible case again them.
The market is all about smartness, the more smart you are the more money you make and the more others lose.

I first understood the concept of pump and dump I believe from most of these masternode coins. The dev team will sell their coins within their discord channel, before listing to the exchange. Once listed, couple of weeks or so, they will start this pump and dump method up until the value of their coin goes down to nothing. And so, they will repeat the cycle again, create, sell, list, and pnd. If you are not a quick thinker, you will end up holding those worthless coins for nothing.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
April 10, 2022, 03:47:52 AM

There is a lot of insider trading going on and the SEC never does anything. Look at Pelosci and her trading record. Basically has insider knowledge, always buys the right calls right before any major announcement and is a multi millionaire.

Before Elon Musk bought Twitter there was some unusual call option trades a few days before. Then when it was announced they went up like 1000%. And the SEC does nothing because they will just say they had a hunch and bought it for no other reason. How can you prove otherwise you can’t unless they admit to the insider trading which they won’t.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: