Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:18:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding "When" to trade.  (Read 776 times)
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 10:22:47 PM

I wasn't a day trader nor full-time, I was just seasonal. I was doing trading if the market is in good condition and of course, not in the bear season. It was good to have a good entry upon trading like to see that after buying we can sell them. That is why we could notice that during the bullish season a lot of traders had come as this was the perfect time for this. Well, of course, the chance to gain is high compared to doing this during the bear season or corrections.

A reason why we should have to analyze the market first, study the market trend, and have an idea of what next is possibly going to happen.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2022, 11:55:57 PM

I wasn't a day trader nor full-time, I was just seasonal. I was doing trading if the market is in good condition and of course, not in the bear season. It was good to have a good entry upon trading like to see that after buying we can sell them.
i called it as sniper which is trade only on golden moment in market, and it is really need our patience waiting this moment. not all traders could do the same thing with you. maybe i called it "better lossing moment than losing our money" . maybe one trade position could give us more than 50% , less trade but better in quality.

I usually trade whenever I'm on the mood, I don't really mind what day it is for me to decide whether to trade or not. But sometimes, I trade depends on the chart that I'm seeing on a certain coin, and if I didn't like the movement of its price chart, I'm gonna look for another coin that moves like crazy. The higher volatility, the more it favors me in futures trading.
your trading system teach us how our patience will rewarded well. take only coins or token with high probability by research and analizing many coins. most of traders didnt do this, they trade careless and want instant money from market till finally forget about trading plan.
boty

Activity: 1162
Merit: 208

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 02:55:36 AM

I wasn't a day trader nor full-time, I was just seasonal. I was doing trading if the market is in good condition and of course, not in the bear season. It was good to have a good entry upon trading like to see that after buying we can sell them. That is why we could notice that during the bullish season a lot of traders had come as this was the perfect time for this. Well, of course, the chance to gain is high compared to doing this during the bear season or corrections.

A reason why we should have to analyze the market first, study the market trend, and have an idea of what next is possibly going to happen.
isnt it in bearish market also give us alot entry opportunity while bearish structure clearly formed. i am agree if we should not trade everyday but as should not miss any opportunity that occur in market. maybe you use swing strategy so make rare trade but have high profit probability.

Sebas.tian

Activity: 2016
Merit: 156

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 06:26:43 AM

I usually trade whenever I'm on the mood, I don't really mind what day it is for me to decide whether to trade or not. But sometimes, I trade depends on the chart that I'm seeing on a certain coin, and if I didn't like the movement of its price chart, I'm gonna look for another coin that moves like crazy. The higher volatility, the more it favors me in futures trading.

I think, it will be difficult for such trader to experience losses from the market because he always follow the price of the market to know when to trade at the moment to make a good profit or not to trade at the moment not to experience failure in the future. Following the price of the coins to trade is more favorable than following days or holiday to trade because through the price of the coin you can be able to determine, if the market is good to trade to make a good income or if the market is not good for trading.

Many coins has increased higher few days ago which will be a good choice for traders to start trading to have something good to achieve in this season.

SaveOurSea

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 09:05:13 AM

isnt it in bearish market also give us alot entry opportunity while bearish structure clearly formed. i am agree if we should not trade everyday but as should not miss any opportunity that occur in market. maybe you use swing strategy so make rare trade but have high profit probability.
I still don't understand about the rare trade you said, how is the system mate?,
is it bearish we can still get profit?, because as far as I know it will be very difficult to do when the market is bearish,
I have experience in 2017 when the Bitcoin price bubbled and almost 3 years bearish, so what?

Cookdata

Activity: 938
Merit: 876

Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 09:08:16 AM

Trading requires strategies and works on individuals differently, trading Bitcoin on weekends is just a No but I scalp altcoins if there is enough trading volume to consume large orders and not some shotcoins that will make you trapped. The best time I trade bitcoin is when Newyork exchange opens because of the effect of Bitcoin ETF, some times there used to be an open gap that traders naturally like to fill before the weekends and not just that, Bitcoin do get attached to traditional stocks like Dow J and S&P 500.

palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 11:40:05 AM

i am agree if we should not trade everyday but as should not miss any opportunity that occur in market. maybe you use swing strategy so make rare trade but have high profit probability.

Swing trade doesn't guarantee that there will be profit at the end of the trade. Trading as swinger is just a pattern that the trader choose and it can fail just like any other type of trade strategy. It is about knowing when to rightly enter the market despite the trading style used because a wrong order will result into loss.
tbct_mt2

Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2022, 01:36:14 PM

Swing trade doesn't guarantee that there will be profit at the end of the trade. Trading as swinger is just a pattern that the trader choose and it can fail just like any other type of trade strategy. It is about knowing when to rightly enter the market despite the trading style used because a wrong order will result into loss.
Trading brings less profit than investment. Most of traders end with losses and more investors earn profit than traders. However, whatever you do in the market, it's a zero-sum game so it means that money will flow to smart traders or smart investors to non-smart ones.

Losers in the market are not actually not wisely. Sometimes, losers are smart but they are lack of control on their emotion or lack of discipline. They are two most important characteristics must have for winners in the market.
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 02:16:28 PM

Trading requires strategies and works on individuals differently, trading Bitcoin on weekends is just a No but I scalp altcoins if there is enough trading volume to consume large orders and not some shotcoins that will make you trapped. The best time I trade bitcoin is when Newyork exchange opens because of the effect of Bitcoin ETF, some times there used to be an open gap that traders naturally like to fill before the weekends and not just that, Bitcoin do get attached to traditional stocks like Dow J and S&P 500.

Strategies may vary and so the results. Day-trading, scalping, etc., will choose the option and strategy that we think will work perfectly or at least.
I'd also consider special events when trading and many factors to consider, however, this never means that we are safe and profitable with this strategy. Of course, choosing the coins we use for trading us really has a huge impact on the results.

I'd choose not to trade weekends, not even during the holidays seasons. I'd preferred when the market is very active and when the trade volume is high.

Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 02:36:21 PM

The "how" is important if we are getting started but for the "when"? I think that will mostly apply to you. In trading there are so called day traders and they are trading everyday. There are different types of traders other than that but no matter what they choose, as long as they are having a problem emotionally, they will always stop otherwise they will only lose.

Good for that you have a separate time for doing an analysis, that will relax your brain for a while and mixing analysis and trading all together can be really stressful. Not trading on holidays can make sense. You can treat it as a day off and not because you think that holidays have an effect with the price.
panukurap

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

DAEFROM.com

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 03:26:37 PM

Regarding not trading on weekends, I also agree with you. I don't know if this is a coincidence or what, but based on my observations and experiences on weekends, the market will actually go down and on weekdays the market will rise again. This is why I prefer to make sales on weekdays and will buy coins on weekends. It's not quite accurate, but I've tried this method many times.And I enjoy this process because I like to do day trading instead of having to hold coins for some time. With day trading I can profit every week.

palle11

Merit: 332

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 04:08:29 PM

Trading brings less profit than investment. Most of traders end with losses and more investors earn profit than traders. However, whatever you do in the market, it's a zero-sum game so it means that money will flow to smart traders or smart investors to non-smart ones.

Losers in the market are not actually not wisely. Sometimes, losers are smart but they are lack of control on their emotion or lack of discipline. They are two most important characteristics must have for winners in the market.

I totally agree with you that investment gives out more profit than trading and in trading, a losing day for one trader is a profit day for the other trader and it keeps going like that in circles until someone account is blown away lol. Trading isn't easy to tell the fact but with experience and good money management with emotional control, it can be better or fair compared to daily job as employee.
BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1150

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 04:16:18 PM

I totally agree with you that investment gives out more profit than trading and in trading, a losing day for one trader is a profit day for the other trader and it keeps going like that in circles until someone account is blown away lol. Trading isn't easy to tell the fact but with experience and good money management with emotional control, it can be better or fair compared to daily job as employee.
Trading and investing actually have the same goal where they both expect profit from the activities they do. But I might also agree that in the long term, investments are much more likely to allow the perpetrator to earn better returns if the chosen asset is a potential asset like bitcoin or a top altcoin. Trading appears to be much riskier to price volatility especially if done for a short period of time, but it still depends on individual interest because in reality traders can also make thousands of dollars on their trading cycle if they have strong capital.

I personally tend to prefer investing over trading, I can control my emotions better and maintain my long term projections on the assets in my portfolio.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 04:49:40 PM

- On holidays.
- During Major news events.
- When you are emotional unstable.

- Crypto doesnt always react on holidays yet movement could neither happen into those times or totally in random basis.
- Crypto is highly reactive to fundamentals and news specially if something is in related neither its a shill or a fud.So better watch out on making further step.
- This is the right time that you should stop, you arent on your right mind when you are emotionally disturbed because this would really result into mistakes.

Learn when to trade is something that talks on getting involvement when you do see an opportunity and this would really vary on each person.
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1386
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2022, 06:06:58 PM

I usually trade on Sunday,Monday and Tuesday and other day I just watch the market or waiting for low price entry. I feeling comfortable in these mentioned days because Bitcoin price in these days reamin stable and altcoin give profit in day trading. Wednesday and Saturday are very bad days for day trading especially for those who trade altcoin.
Some big News rumour is good to take entry because these news can turn market bullish and you can make short term profit there. There is risk but more chances that you will get profit.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1704

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2022, 06:16:34 PM

I think it is also important to set trading limits for your trading habits. The trading fees add up and people really don't understand this, they end up going back and forth 10x a day in trades. With a 0.2% trading fee, that would be 2% loss per day and 60% per month. For example, I do not trade more than once a day because of this. And to be honest, even once a day is too much as you lose 6% on fees in a month like that.

At that point it might be better to hodl.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 11:02:23 PM

People most not agreed to trade on weekends.But why you refusing the good god giving opportunities.Because during weekdays,the people keep on buying with the money they getting.So the coin price was stable and increased.But in the weekend ,most of the traders had sell their crypto for their weekend expenses.So demand of coin reduced and price also reduced.
bhooscream

Activity: 728
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 11:40:37 PM

Knowing the HOW to trade is one thing, another is knowing the WHEN
True enough. So far, many newbies are asking about how to trade successfully but they forget about something  important, that is the time.

We may want to trade and make more profits, but sometimes it is not the right time for trading, they mostly don't know when to start, only following and they are not aware that they are new and need your own time after your are exactly ready.
Additionally, we can also see some other reasons that yime is also a matters for example trading on weekend and weekdays differences.
Wawa2013

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 11:51:09 PM

I usually trade on Sunday,Monday and Tuesday and other day I just watch the market or waiting for low price entry. I feeling comfortable in these mentioned days because Bitcoin price in these days reamin stable and altcoin give profit in day trading. Wednesday and Saturday are very bad days for day trading especially for those who trade altcoin.
Some big News rumour is good to take entry because these news can turn market bullish and you can make short term profit there. There is risk but more chances that you will get profit.

Everyone has their own choice of when is the best day to trade, just like you have a certain day that you think is profitable. So you do it comfortably
and according to the strategy you use, so you can make a profit from the trades you do. But not necessarily other people follow all the steps you do
will experience the same success, because everyone has different trading knowledge and skills. So we have to learn to trust our own trading abilities
to be able to make a profit. I have friends who make more profit when trading on weekends, which for most people is very difficult to make a profit
when trading on the weekend. Because my friend has an effective strategy if used on the weekend, so don't be too influenced by other people when
trading. Because only we ourselves know what is best to do, so learn more and practice trading, so that we know when and what strategies are suitable
for us.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Metavault.Trade
████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████
NEXT GENERATION PERPETUAL DEX WITH
ZERO SLIPPAGE SWAPS & UP TO 30X LEVERAGE

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████
Faster, Safer, Smarter!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ██   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER  |  DISCORD  |  TELEGRAM  |  MEDIUM  |  GITHUB
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 09, 2022, 08:10:34 AM

As a trader, we do have our own preferences and market strategies when to trade. Of course, we do it with the right timing or when the market is not showing negative conditions or when your emotions are not unstable. Otherwise, we end up doing bad trades that will only result into losses because we insist to trade despite of how unstable the market is. However, if you are an expert in trading, regardless of how the market behaves, you will always find time to make your trades successful.
Even experts would have hard time in bad market's it is easier to make a profit during bull run, experts can make a profit during bear runs as well and not just bull runs but even they have hard time finding profit during that time as well. How could you make money when the prices are going down?

Two options, you either play the long con and end up buying more and more when it is going down so that you would do DCA and profit later on, which is long con but you do make a profit. Or you could simply go with the short futures deal and just short bitcoin when it is going down and hope that you would be right when the time comes, that would allow you to make a bigger profit but it is quite difficult.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: