Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:10:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brands not pulling out of Putin's Russia [list]  (Read 165 times)
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1580

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 28, 2022, 03:00:49 PM

Hi all, these are some brands that are happy to conduct their merry and profitable operations in Putin's Russia. "Do not ever let some carnage get in the way of profits" - said an executive when questioned about it (FAKE, or maybe not?). I am not saying you should boycott them or anything...

Decathlon  https://www.theretailbulletin.com/sports-and-leisure/decathlon-owner-accused-of-profiting-from-russian-invasion-of-ukraine-21-03-2022/
Leroy Merlin https://www.moviesonline.ca/leroy-merlin-does-not-remain-only-in-russia-the-company-cut-off-ukrainian-workers-from-the-communication-system/

And from a list here

Societe Generale
Xiaomi
Emirates Airline
Lenovo
Acer
AliBaba
Cloudflare
Credit Suisse
Wex Inc.

Many others are just suspending new investments and new contracts. I am particularly angry at Decathlon, as they were, until now, my favourite for leisure wear - You broke my heart Fredo.

Any other comes to mind?

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zlantann
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 28, 2022, 04:05:37 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2022, 07:06:38 PM by Zlantann

Yeah the people of Ukraine needs all the assistance to enable this invasion to cease. But some these firm that remained in Russia have some genuine reasons to remain.

Some of them recently invested heavily in Russia that leaving that country will lead to bankruptcy. And there are no guarantees that they would receive financial support from the West.

Russian government's threat to seize the assets of companies that leaves it's territory is also scaring some firms.

The misdeed of Putin and his cronies should not be suffered by the innocent citizens. Hence some firms are remaining because of care for employees. Millions of Russians will loose their means of livelihood if most firms leave.

Franchise agreements are very complicated. Most companies don't own their buildings and other assets, hence moving out from Russia might be very difficult.

If most essential service such as pharmaceutical firms leave many sick Russians would suffer and die. Therefore, some companies are staying based on humanitarian grounds.

Russia has been disconnected from SWIFT, this would make selling of companies difficult. Some companies are remaining because they can't dispose  their assets.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/11/the-western-firms-that-are-not-cutting-russia-ties-over-ukraine

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2022, 10:42:45 PM

Here is long list of companies which continue to work in Russia, made by Yale university:
https://som.yale.edu/story/2022/over-450-companies-have-withdrawn-russia-some-remain?fbclid=IwAR1C1LXQedXlc4ysrgDlrEl3OWg4FiMqYyIHeIoCdPqimZSgLkofK8SFqK8
There is many companies which stopped new investments in Russia, but they continue their business there. It's not surprising that Chinese companies like Xiaomi, Alibaba or Lenovo and other Asian companies stays in Russia. But it's sad to see big Western companies not leaving Russia. So, if you're planning to boycott, list is long. And somecorporations is huge, we use their products probably daily - Danone, Colgate-Palmolive, Henkel, Nestle, Pepsi, Kraft-Heinz, Procter & Gamble, Philip Morris and so on. Even Pfizer aren't leaving, so, I'm not going to take their vaccine Cheesy.
From what I read today, biggest beer companies Carlsberg, Heineken and Budweisser leaving Russia.
Franchise agreements are very complicated. Most companies don't own thier buildings and other assets, hence moving out from Russia might be very difficult.

If most essential service such as pharmacitical firms leave many sick Russians would suffer and die. Therefore, some companies are staying based on humanitarian grounds.
Yeah, some companies aren't working directly there, but through franchise. Most famous example is Burger King.
And some food, pharmacy and hygiene companies leaving Russia partially, keeping only essential products.

eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 12:35:16 AM

Bitcoin didn’t pull out of Russia OH NO!!
Better boycott all cryptocurrencies..

Why are companies supposed to take sides exactly?

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8921

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2022, 01:01:14 AM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

They're not taking sides for the sake of taking sides or for some moral high ground, it's because of sanctions and sometimes reputational costs (i.e. if they think that financing a murderous psychopath dictator via taxes reflects badly on the brand and can cost them more in lost sales elsewhere).
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2022, 01:07:58 AM

Hi all, these are some brands that are happy to conduct their merry and profitable operations in Putin's Russia. "Do not ever let some carnage get in the way of profits" - said an executive when questioned about it (FAKE, or maybe not?). I am not saying you should boycott them or anything...

Decathlon  https://www.theretailbulletin.com/sports-and-leisure/decathlon-owner-accused-of-profiting-from-russian-invasion-of-ukraine-21-03-2022/
Leroy Merlin https://www.moviesonline.ca/leroy-merlin-does-not-remain-only-in-russia-the-company-cut-off-ukrainian-workers-from-the-communication-system/

And from a list here

Societe Generale
Xiaomi
Emirates Airline
Lenovo
Acer
AliBaba
Cloudflare
Credit Suisse
Wex Inc.

Many others are just suspending new investments and new contracts. I am particularly angry at Decathlon, as they were, until now, my favourite for leisure wear - You broke my heart Fredo.

Any other comes to mind?

why are jew comedians not pulling out of donbass, Ukraine?

I am not talking about orthodox jews that work hard if necessary to run their families, that only want to live in safety etc.

I am talking about jewish Comedians that distract the people from running their communities and being aware of the injection of long term evil racist woke threats.

that would have prevented the entire war.

cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 597

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2022, 01:55:57 AM

They are there for business and to make a profit, why should they mix themselves into this war anyway?

There are demands for American products there while there is a scarcity of them now in the country. It must be an opportunity.
The Chinese products I think are going to be everywhere without having any boycotts because the Chinese are always going to try to do business everywhere even in Afghanistan. It's cheaper and reliable too.

Ahli38

Activity: 798
Merit: 733

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2022, 03:05:56 AM

As an entrepreneur, you will definitely have a decision that has been considered very carefully. they must think about the advantages and disadvantages of all the actions that will be taken.
so if the company's decision with the brands mentioned above decides not to go then surely it is a step that has been carefully thought out. and the best decision.

however a company that they have a big responsibility. then if they suddenly leave from Russia. I think it's very cruel to the workers there. they will lose their jobs. and the company will suffer huge losses.
and is there any guarantee for those companies leaving Russia will receive security guarantees or compensation. it's not clear yet. so I think their decision is good from an economic and business point of view. not from a political point of view. if you look at it from a political point of view, the response to this may be different.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
eddie13
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 04:46:02 AM

“While theirs blood in the streets”

Ring a bell?

Bet Soros is on it..

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 11:04:36 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2022, 11:17:19 AM by paxmao

Bitcoin didn’t pull out of Russia OH NO!!
Better boycott all cryptocurrencies..

They are there for business and to make a profit, why should they mix themselves into this war anyway?

There are demands for American products there while there is a scarcity of them now in the country. It must be an opportunity.
The Chinese products I think are going to be everywhere without having any boycotts because the Chinese are always going to try to do business everywhere even in Afghanistan. It's cheaper and reliable too.

Of course, companies are not there to promote ethical behaviours right? They are there to make a profit for the shareholders and if they have to cover their noses and go over a few dead children it does not matter. Is that what you are saying?

Well, that is perfectly OK, I do not expect the owners or shareholders or CEOs to be honest, but what I am certainly going to do is to hold them responsible to their doings. If they do not take sides, I am certainly going to take sides with their products, because, after all, the ones that has zero obligation to buy from them is us.

In other words, we can make sure that whoever wants to operate in Putin's Russia understands that there is a clear risk of alienating their customers elsewhere and there is a price to pay for it.

Ring a bell?

Bet Soros is on it..

Blood in that context of investing means massive low prices, not people's blood. I guess you are making some short of a joke?

however a company that they have a big responsibility. then if they suddenly leave from Russia. I think it's very cruel to the workers there. they will lose their jobs. and the company will suffer huge losses.

I partially agree with you. There are many Russians that have little to do with this war, however they could and should let their government know that aggression is not acceptable and, unfortunately, attacking the economy is a way of making the official propaganda much less credible.

Every business open in Putin's Russia as of now is contributing to finance the killing.

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 02:01:23 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

some brands that are happy to conduct their merry and profitable operations in Putin's Russia. [...] Any other comes to mind?

Some companies have tried to pull out, but have been unable to do so for genuine reasons, so we do probably need to try to make the distinction between those that want to stay open, and those that want to close but can't.
Burger King is a good example of a company that has (I believe) genuinely tried to pull out, but been unable to - it would probably be unfair to boycott them as a result.

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 04:33:04 PM

Every business open in Putin's Russia as of now is contributing to finance the killing.

Is every business open in China now complicit (maybe criminally liable?) in the modern day Nazi-like concentration camps of many millions of muslims?  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/new-details-torture-cover-ups-china-s-internment-camps-revealed-n1270014

You'll see none of the companies pulling out of Russia also pull out of China. Russia's economy is small enough for many of these enterprises to not feel any significant hit to their revenue by withdrawing their operations in Russia. Can't say the same for China. These businesses are not withdrawing because they care.
eddie13
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 06:38:41 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2022, 07:02:45 PM by eddie13

Ring a bell?

Bet Soros is on it..

Blood in that context of investing means massive low prices, not people's blood. I guess you are making some short of a joke?

Oh no.. You couldn’t be more wrong..

It absolutely means people’s blood.. Human blood..
It’s just been twisted to also mean anytime their are massively low prices, a euphemism, as we live in such soft and non-violent times..

https://www.forbes.com/2009/02/23/contrarian-markets-boeing-personal-finance_investopedia.html?sh=b53c2dcb59a0
Baron Rothschild, an 18th-century British nobleman and member of the Rothschild banking family, is credited with saying that “the time to buy is when there’s blood in the streets.”

He should know. Rothschild made a fortune buying in the panic that followed the Battle of Waterloo against Napoleon.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Waterloo
Only some 60,000 dead by the most gruesome way, by the BLADE in hand to hand combat.. Right up close and personal, bodies lying mutilated all throughout..
Rothschilds got rich(er) though..

Actual blood in the streets..

When it comes to those like rothschilds and soros, bet your ass they mean actual human blood spilled in the streets..
Not only will they take advantage of spilled blood, they will set up situations for bloodspill just to take advantage of it financially..

These people have no morality..
WAKE UP!

You see all the propaganda surrounding this Ukraine war? Where do you think all of this media push is coming from? Who do you think is financing it?

Bet your ass THEY are going to make an absolute killing (pun intended) off of this in some way shape or form..
Just watch..

As Trump so correctly said about them in one of the 16 election debates....
"These lenders aren't babies. These are total killers," he said at the debate. "These are not the nice, sweet little people."

The best, most successful CEOs, leaders, bankers, lenders, whatever you wish to call them, the elite, get to where they are by being able to completely put the horse blinders on to any sort of morality to focus on nothing other than what is the best for their companies shareholders, companies balance sheets, investments, and bankrolls..

They don’t care a single bit about blood, they welcome blood, as long as they can take advantage of it..

The world you are living in is not what you think.. They have just done a good job of making you believe whatever it is that you believe, so you will happily go on slaving for them..

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2022, 06:59:50 PM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

You see all the propaganda surrounding this Ukraine war? Where do you think all of this media push is coming from? Who do you think is financing it?

Propaganda is almost entirely financed by Putin's regime, as pretty much only state-owned or controlled media is allowed to function in Russia.
eddie13
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 07:28:18 PM

Propaganda is almost entirely financed by Putin's regime, as pretty much only state-owned or controlled media is allowed to function in Russia.

You can’t see it?

Right or wrong, their is a MASSIVE inorganic pro-Ukraine agenda push almost everywhere you can look..

If it was so cut and dry, why so much shilling?

Look at the death tolls..

“ The United Nations human rights office said on Sunday (Mar 27) that 1,119 civilians had so far been killed and 1,790 wounded since Russia began its attack on Ukraine.”

“The Iraq Body Count project (IBC) figure of documented civilian deaths from violence is 183,535 – 206,107 through April 2019”

And they will have you believe that Putin is targeting innocent civilians..

The US didn’t DIRECTLY target civilians, they just didn’t care..
Putin is actually taking decent care NOT to harm civilians, if not he could have easily steamrolled Kiev by now and wiped them right off the map..

Putin must be much more careful in his actions, Russia being the great Red herring bad guy the west uses to keep you afraid..

I guess it’s a shame that not ALL Ukrainian citizens loved the CIA backed coupe so nicely named the “Revolution Of Dignity”..
If only all those eastern Ukrainians would have just went happily along with it and not held their ground for the last what.. 8 years of the Ukrainian civil war of Ukrainian missiles shelling eastern Ukraine right on Russia’s border..

Ukraine good
Russia BAD
Pay NO attention to that man behind the curtain!!

I’m not saying in any way that I side with Russia (or Ukraine), but this is all a LOT more complicated than “I stand with Ukraine”..

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 09:18:03 PM

Ring a bell?

Bet Soros is on it..

Oh no.. You couldn’t be more wrong..

It absolutely means people’s blood.. Human blood..
It’s just been twisted to also mean anytime their are massively low prices, a euphemism, as we live in such soft and non-violent times..

https://www.forbes.com/2009/02/23/contrarian-markets-boeing-personal-finance_investopedia.html?sh=b53c2dcb59a0
Baron Rothschild, an 18th-century British nobleman and member of the Rothschild banking family, is credited with saying that “the time to buy is when there’s blood in the streets.”

He should know. Rothschild made a fortune buying in the panic that followed the Battle of Waterloo against Napoleon.”

Actual blood in the streets..

When it comes to those like rothschilds and soros, bet your ass they mean actual human blood spilled in the streets..
Not only will they take advantage of spilled blood, they will set up situations for bloodspill just to take advantage of it financially..

These people have no morality..
WAKE UP!

The story about the Rothchild and the Napoleonic wars is not an historic fact at all - even if some books mentioned it as such, "blood in the streets" is a phrase that started to be used much later in Wall Street (I seem to recall that it was the Magellan Fund director, Peter Lynch, the one that made it popular) and it is originally unrelated to war or crime when speaking about business.

If your point is that there will be fund managers making money with the war, with COVID and in any other situation by taking advantage of the market, I agree. Buying and selling stocks and other assets is different from retailing and making business that contribute to finance directly the war. For me, there is a significant difference.

Regarding you (oversized) memes and comments on "this bad this not", they are certainly not applicable to me. I do have a clear view on the type of world I want to live in, an rarely make moral judgements.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2022, 09:42:01 PM

Right or wrong, their is a MASSIVE inorganic pro-Ukraine agenda push almost everywhere you can look..

I don't know where you're looking but where I look I see a horrifying invasion based on lies, attacks on civilians, a humanitarian crisis, and Putin's totalitarian regime beating and jailing its opponents. Calling it agenda is a weird choice of words to say the least.

If it was so cut and dry, why so much shilling?

It's the age of the intertubes. People post what they see. What they see can be both - a horrible tragedy, and also "cut and dry".

“ The United Nations human rights office said on Sunday (Mar 27) that 1,119 civilians had so far been killed and 1,790 wounded since Russia began its attack on Ukraine.”

Also the UN says that the actual number is likely much higher since they haven't counted everything.

“The Iraq Body Count project (IBC) figure of documented civilian deaths from violence is 183,535 – 206,107 through April 2019”

Whataboutism, not to mention that you're comparing one month of war to 15+ years. Even on the scale of Iraq and Afghanistan wars, the death toll in Ukraine will likely be as high or higher than the deadliest months of those wars.

That's because he is. There is enough video evidence - again, everyone has a camera these days. Tanks aiming directly at apartment buildings, that kind of thing.

Putin is actually taking decent care NOT to harm civilians, if not he could have easily steamrolled Kiev by now and wiped them right off the map..

That might have been the plan. Didn't work out but they basically destroyed suburban towns in the north west.

Putin must be much more careful in his actions, Russia being the great Red herring bad guy the west uses to keep you afraid..

I guess it’s a shame that not ALL Ukrainian citizens loved the CIA backed coupe so nicely named the “Revolution Of Dignity”..
If only all those eastern Ukrainians would have just went happily along with it and not held their ground for the last what.. 8 years of the Ukrainian civil war of Ukrainian missiles shelling eastern Ukraine right on Russia’s border..

The "civil war" was started by Russian invasion. You should really read up on what's going on in those "people's republics". They're basically little dictatorships run by thugs. Right now they're forcibly mobilizing entire male population for cannon fodder purposes.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2022, 10:54:58 PM

That's narrative used by Russia. But in reality it's pure nonsense. Completely destroyed Mariupol city is taking decent care not to harm civilians?

So, covering what happening in Ukraine is pro-Ukraine agenda? Ok. But what do you expect? Media starting to praise Russia ''special military operation'' and ''denazification of Ukraine?

You can call it civil war, but people in Ukraine were living in peace until 2014 when thanks to puppet president Yanukovich action which caused chaos, Russia were able to took Crimea and escalated things in Donbass.

Pay NO attention to that man behind the curtain!!
We simply can't live without conspiracy theories csuch like man behind the curtain. But this time man in the bunker is the main acting person.

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 01:59:11 PM

That's because he is. There is enough video evidence - again, everyone has a camera these days. Tanks aiming directly at apartment buildings, that kind of thing.

That might have been the plan. Didn't work out but they basically destroyed suburban towns in the north west.

Have you seen MLRS artillery? It is quite an specific tool of the Russian Army, since Stalin (they were called Stalin's organs). It launches around 18 rockets, quite imprecise ones in a very short time. What use do you think they have when used against a civil area?

Have you seen remains of cluster bombs? They are quite a design, as they spread small munitions, again highly imprecisely across a wide area. What use do you think these have when used against a civil area?

Do you know what happens when you use fuel-air munition on board of rockets and throw them towards a civil area?

If you think none of this is happening go travel to Ukraine and experience yourself the humanity and love that Putin is delivering to all "Russian brothers".

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: