Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:59:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool mining question  (Read 58 times)
5W-KILO (OP)

Activity: 234
Merit: 35

Moon.win

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 08:44:57 AM

For is the best pool for someone who mine few hours every day, meaning they can off the rig at any time and just right back in at any time, I heard PPLNS pools are bad for this practice.

JayDDee

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 12:31:36 PM

For is the best pool for someone who mine few hours every day, meaning they can off the rig at any time and just right back in at any time, I heard PPLNS pools are bad for this practice.

That's the common knowledge but it's mostly psychological. Shares age in a PPLNS pool and when you leave it
your shares could end up worthless over time if no blocks are found. FOMO keeps people from wanting to leave.
The opposite happens when you join, you get the benefit of the aging of the shares of other miners who already
have accumulated shares. Over the long term it evens out statistically.

In short, if a block is found quickly after you start mining you get more. If a block is not found quickly after you leave
you get less or nothing. Everything in between is the same.

ANSEL_2.0

Activity: 271
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 06:19:18 AM

PPS pool is better if you aren't going to leave your mining rig on for several hours but the most profitable pools right now are PPLNS pools, I don't mine 24hr around the clock too yet I'm using flex pool and 2miners, they are very reliable.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: