Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:57:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AUCTION] 2013 Lealana Bitcoin and Litecoin Sets [closed] open for discussion  (Read 967 times)
PhysicalCoins4Sale (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 08:04:42 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2022, 05:03:07 AM by PhysicalCoins4Sale

Stacks Bowers has begun allowing physical cryptocurrencies in their auctions with a 0.1BTC Lealana coin being sold last fall.  There are a number of physical cryptocurrency lots in their Spring 2022 Rarities Night auction including Casascius 0.5, 1, and 5 BTC coins funded and unfunded from 2011-13, and 2013 Lealana Bitcoins and Litecoins of all denominations.

I have put up for auction (online bidding currently active) with a live auction finale April 5th 5PM ET full Lealana Bitcoin and Litecoin sets with them.

Stack's Bowers Rarity Night Lot List

My coins for auction include this lovely Lealana BTC set from 2013 (Serial #24)

0.1 BTC PR70 Deep Cameo (PCGS)
0.25 BTC PR69 Deep Cameo (PCGS)
0.5 BTC PR70 Deep Cameo (PCGS)
1 BTC PR69 Deep Cameo (PCGS)

In addition to that Bitcoin set I have also put up a Lealana Litecoin set (Serial #45)

5 LTC PR68 Deep Cameo (PCGS)
10 LTC PR68 Deep Cameo (PCGS)
25 LTC PR66 Deep Cameo (PCGS)

Happy Bidding!!!
slimzak

Activity: 570
Merit: 82

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 08:11:23 PM

PCGS grading crypto.. since when?
PhysicalCoins4Sale (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 08:13:43 PM

Approx October... One person convinced Stacks Bowers to put up a 0.1 BTC Lealana coin in the November auction and they use PCGS... I followed suit and now theres probably around 20 PCGS graded crypto coins.
Steeley

Activity: 1132
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 02:40:23 AM

I just sent 8 Lealanas and Casascius coins to PCGS. I haven't received them back yet but I'll give a report to the forum on the experience when I do. One coin in particular is a .25 Lealana with a Gold Hologram Black Buyer Funded. I asked them to give this a special designation due to the rarity. We'll see how much they are willing to care about special details.

All the best to you as you sell your coins. You are forging the way on a new auction sight. Here's for the hobby growing. Stacks Bowers entering into physical bitcoins is a big deal in my opinion due to their history, reputation and large exposure to a big collecting base outside of traditional bitcoiners.

Steeley

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

Activity: 1002
Merit: 409

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 03:05:50 AM

I just sent 8 Lealanas and Casascius coins to PCGS. I haven't received them back yet but I'll give a report to the forum on the experience when I do. One coin in particular is a .25 Lealana with a Gold Hologram Black Buyer Funded. I asked them to give this a special designation due to the rarity. We'll see how much they are willing to care about special details.

All the best to you as you sell your coins. You are forging the way on a new auction sight. Here's for the hobby growing. Stacks Bowers entering into physical bitcoins is a big deal in my opinion due to their history, reputation and large exposure to a big collecting base outside of traditional bitcoiners.

Steeley
Sent PCGS an email yesterday but haven't heard back yet. This is great news. Ill be anxious to hear how it goes. I have some Lealana's I like to send in. Your right I hope they put all the info on the banner. The color of the first bits and that gold holo make a difference and I hope they take it seriously.
PhysicalCoins4Sale (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 03:20:58 AM

They do actually designate special coloration of addresses, error coins, special coloration of holograms, etc. Especially at request. They’re good at PCGS and care.
elmejorrematador

Activity: 107
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 07:33:04 AM

Had my coins graded by them in 2018.
elmejorrematador

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 07:54:36 AM

How does Stacks Bowers work? Whatever the final price of the auction they add 17.5% and that is their fee? Or is that fee just charged to the buyer and then Stacks Bowers also takes a cut of the final price of the auction? Then I guess there is also sales tax added for the buyer.

I guess my question is what is the amount that the seller finally ends up with?
PhysicalCoins4Sale (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 03:55:51 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2022, 05:48:00 PM by PhysicalCoins4Sale

Stacks Bowers will negotiate a specific fee structure for your coins.

I’m not sure on sales tax because I haven’t looked into the buying side but I know I’ll have to pay long term capital gains tax.
PhysicalCoins4Sale (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 04:13:23 PM

Had my coins graded by them in 2018.

Thanks for the correction. I’m assuming yours are some denom of Casascius or Lealana 1LTC? I know there was only 1 Lealana coin PCGS graded before mine of larger denominations.
Eclipse33
Copper Member

Activity: 981
Merit: 420

Eclipse™ Experimental Cryptographic Technology

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2022, 09:20:06 PM

Very nice coins. I am looking forwards to see what they go for.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
Eclipse
)███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
   MARKETPLACE
▀   TELEGRAM
   TWITTER
▀   INSTAGRAM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
███▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████▀█████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀██
██████▄█▄██████████▀█████
███▀▀████████▀█▀███████
██████████████▄███▄██████
████████████████▄███████
██████████▀███████████▀
████████████▀▀█████▀▀
| BTC |
| XMR |
ACCEPTED
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
[/quote]
PhysicalCoins4Sale (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2022, 03:28:09 PM

Very nice coins. I am looking forwards to see what they go for.

Thank you. Me too.
elmejorrematador

View Profile
April 01, 2022, 05:38:34 AM

So there is a buyer premium of ~20%. In my case they are actually splitting that buyer premium with me so I’ll end up with about 110% of that hammer price. The other 10 is their fee. I have a feeling on lower price coins they’d keep the whole 20%.

I’m not sure on sales tax because I haven’t looked into the buying side but I know I’ll have to pay long term capital gains tax.

Awesome, thanks for the insight. Man, this is exciting to see what these will go for. Good luck!!!!
PhysicalCoins4Sale (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2022, 07:27:35 AM

Awesome, thanks for the insight. Man, this is exciting to see what these will go for. Good luck!!!!

Well. There was a 0.1BTC Lealana also PR70 that sold in Nov for a 500% premium. I’d be ecstatic with a 6x face value sale like that, but not necessarily expecting it.
elmejorrematador

View Profile
April 01, 2022, 07:55:49 AM

Well. There was a 0.1BTC Lealana also PR70 that sold in Nov for a 500% premium. I’d be ecstatic with a 6x face value sale like that, but not necessarily expecting it.

Yeah, I do remember that. But that wasn't even a funded coin!! And I think we all know its not as rare as the information claimed it to be, though it still may be a fairly rare variation. But these are funded coins which, at least in my opinion, are way more intriguing. I think we are going to see you get a very very nice premium.

PhysicalCoins4Sale (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2022, 08:20:51 AM

It was funded. But definitely not so rare a coin. Definitely not sets either.
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
April 01, 2022, 04:19:59 PM

Anybody can bid with no verification how is that a secure auction?
PhysicalCoins4Sale (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2022, 04:40:15 PM

Bids under $5k you verify if you win. Over $5k you can’t bid without verification.
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
April 01, 2022, 05:53:57 PM

Bids under $5k you verify if you win. Over $5k you can’t bid without verification.

My IQ is going to get lower with every post,

If you call they up you to 10k, if you do an application than you can get approved for more.

If you make an account same day limit is not high enough to matter at all
PhysicalCoins4Sale (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2022, 06:48:50 PM

Thanks for the additional info. Most countries don’t really require KYC until you hit around $10k so that makes sense.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: