Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:17:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the IQ test really necessary?  (Read 619 times)
PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
April 03, 2022, 10:00:02 PM

Have you ever posted whiled drinking?
Man, if Theymos ever put a breathalyzer lock on my keyboard.....
I am fairly certain that several people would probably be unable to post if he did this. I am not sure if that is a good or a bad thing  Cheesy

Edit2: IQ of 113?  Gimme a break.  Last time my IQ saw that number was when I was attached to an umbilical cord and had not yet seen the sunshine and come to loathe it.

At least the trivia questions are cool, like about history and animals and shit like that.  If they about popular culture and hollywood or some stupidity like that I would be in the negative range by now.
I would have preferred them to be bitcoin and/or crypto related.

Meaningless edit to pad my score:
When you "edit" your posts, you don't need to actually change anything in your post

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ahli38 (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 733

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2022, 01:41:57 AM

I do not have an issue with the IQ test. This will remove a lot of active bots from the forum and also it will improve the level of posting. There are many who create unnecessary topics and post irrelevant answers that only increase the spam level. IQ test will stop those activities. I would say it is a great initiative by Theymos on 1st April.
I think this will make the bitcointalk forum more informative and interesting. Not only you will be good in creating quality post, but those trivia questions will make you even smarter every time your answer is correct.

Spamming in the forum has become more rampant and this initiative made by Theymos is a good step to prevent the members from posting unnecessary posts, and posts that are only low valued and unconstructive.
but if the iq test which was carried out on April 1 yesterday, it continued. then what about the fate of the seniors in this forum who for example have been inactive until the time limit for calculating the iq test in which everyone whose iq is less than 120 will be banned. then of course many accounts will be blocked. even though there are a lot of seniors and legends who are not active while they are really busy in the real world. like many famous coin developers who have accounts on this forum and I see they are inactive even in years. Surely they will be affected because their IQ will remain 100 and be below 120.

but I agree that this iq test makes writers more insightful because they like to learn every time they post or edit their posts.
the only problem is the time limit in a week which is less than 120 will be banned. that is it. because every question will be posted is very interesting.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Kiara Sessyoin

Activity: 10
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 04, 2022, 02:39:16 AM

I do not have an issue with the IQ test. This will remove a lot of active bots from the forum and also it will improve the level of posting. There are many who create unnecessary topics and post irrelevant answers that only increase the spam level. IQ test will stop those activities. I would say it is a great initiative by Theymos on 1st April.
I think this will make the bitcointalk forum more informative and interesting. Not only you will be good in creating quality post, but those trivia questions will make you even smarter every time your answer is correct.

Spamming in the forum has become more rampant and this initiative made by Theymos is a good step to prevent the members from posting unnecessary posts, and posts that are only low valued and unconstructive.
but if the iq test which was carried out on April 1 yesterday, it continued. then what about the fate of the seniors in this forum who for example have been inactive until the time limit for calculating the iq test in which everyone whose iq is less than 120 will be banned. then of course many accounts will be blocked. even though there are a lot of seniors and legends who are not active while they are really busy in the real world. like many famous coin developers who have accounts on this forum and I see they are inactive even in years. Surely they will be affected because their IQ will remain 100 and be below 120.

but I agree that this iq test makes writers more insightful because they like to learn every time they post or edit their posts.
the only problem is the time limit in a week which is less than 120 will be banned. that is it. because every question will be posted is very interesting.

Get on with it... the IQ test april fools prank is already over. please lock this thread already before it will get de railed and turn into spam megathread.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: