Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:46:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet Another Trust Solution  (Read 87 times)
greg.soukup (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 07:27:51 AM

Hello fellow bitcoiners.

I have been pondering the many, many issues, misunderstandings, and mysteries that surround us. I have most recently been thinking about these new non-fungible tokens. The recent abstraction which seems to be occurring where the human perception of value is severed from what would historically be some form of matter. First the fall of the gold standard and the rising of flexible monetary policy, then national debt, and now bitcoin and non-fungible tokens. Many people seem to misunderstand legitimate usage of legal loopholes, thinking that large quantities of bitcoin cannot be anonymously purchased with cash legally when with some simple speaking fees and lawful coercion, that can be done.

The solution to all these things I propose is a simple distributed chain of WWW and Tor onion sites. These sites shall list GPG keys. In addition to this I have noticed that despite the bitcoin network being built with the intent of being "decentralized" most people blindly download bitcoin core from I believe it is bitcoin.org and using it "as-is" giving the administrators of our beloved bitcoin.org significant political clout over the bitcoin network. By this same principle, I believe that time is now for a group of us to form in essence a board or committee of creditworthy escrows interested in seeing a greater bitcoin network.

A problem I myself experienced, like many of you, is that of bitcoin transactions having a moderate transaction feerate, especially during times of significant volatility. Some people out there have made alternative cryptocurrency solely sold on the niche of having lower fees. I personally see this as a presumptuous solution. Another solution being developed is called the "lightning network" I personally after trying unsuccessfully for hours to install this "c-lightning" on Linux feel this isn't a real solution. Despite this fact though, some of the underlying principles are extremely sound. I believe that combining the properties of centralization in areas like bitcoin sha256 mining, bitcoin non-pruned node centralization, and bitcoin exchange price manipulation with the benefits of fungibility such as those provided by NFT platforms acting partly as de facto bearer instrument issuers.

If we all share high-quality bitcoin GPG escrow page backlinks, and nominate people we trust as representatives to a couple of big multi-sig addresses. We can transact with fees lower then ever thought possible, with the added benefit of having no need to raise the block size. Please share your GPG keys below. Together we can make this work. With a far more basic value interchange protocol running atop the bitcoin network then Lightning Network, we will be able to cost feasibly exchange miniscule amounts of value limiting the long arm of malevolent internet merchants of bad faith.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n0nce

Activity: 882
Merit: 5818

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2022, 11:22:13 AM

I don't fully understand what the issue is you want to solve and how you want to solve it. Establish a web of trust and then accept zero-confirmation payments or what is the fundamental idea?
Bitcoin and Lightning as they are now, don't require any trust, which is what makes them so good. C-Lightning is relatively easy to set up; if you want to give it another shot, you can refer to my guide.
Regarding the bitcoin.org domain; you can just download the binaries (or source code - as I also do in my above linked guide) from the original Bitcoin Core GitHub repository.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████