Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:58:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: thought experiment  (Read 107 times)
kisaku hosoyume (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2022, 04:34:42 PM

say someone who knew one of the original satoshis appeared, and you could confirm their identity.

what would you ask them?

What would be the most important questions you would want answers to?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SmallDoggy

Activity: 42
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 01:29:09 AM

I am pretty sure most people would ask "Can you give me some BTC please? "   Grin
kisaku hosoyume (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 07:54:19 AM

I am pretty sure most people would ask "Can you give me some BTC please? "   Grin

distribution of wealth is a common concern, yeah.
ptrlol

Activity: 19
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2022, 09:51:34 AM

say someone who knew one of the original satoshis appeared, and you could confirm their identity.

what would you ask them?

> what would you ask them?
"was BTC1 still worth it in late 2010 considering it was only $0.39 for BTC1 at the time"

> What would be the most important questions you would want answers to?
"would have you ever thought there would meme coins such as dogecoin?"
"was it liked, or hated, at the time?"
"looking at crypto now compared to before, what's your opinion on it as well as the community with it"
FinalSolution

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 02:52:07 PM

I just ask him how he got the idea and what his ultimate goal was
kisaku hosoyume (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 07:42:46 PM

what would you ask them?

> what would you ask them?
"was BTC1 still worth it in late 2010 considering it was only $0.39 for BTC1 at the time"

> What would be the most important questions you would want answers to?
"would have you ever thought there would meme coins such as dogecoin?"
"was it liked, or hated, at the time?"
"looking at crypto now compared to before, what's your opinion on it as well as the community with it"

>"was BTC1 still worth it in late 2010 considering it was only $0.39 for BTC1 at the time"
the satoshi I knew thought so. They bought using fiat currency around that time.

>"would have you ever thought there would meme coins such as dogecoin?"
they didn't think of memecoins specifically in advance, but they did predict shitcoins in general. They came up with dogecoin specifically. That's why it's going to the literal moon, as far as I know.

>"was it liked, or hated, at the time?"
I think historical opinions are pretty known. Nobody really gave a shit about it, except for the people who really engaged in it at the beginning.

>"looking at crypto now compared to before, what's your opinion on it as well as the community with it"
That's a pretty broad question, so i'll answer it pretty broadly. Also tough because it's commenting on someone's feelings, you know? But I'll give it a shot. They would probably have mixed feelings. Proud of the accomplishments, sad over the bullshit. Knowing that it was a project that was always intended to be beyond a single person, they would probably be pretty stoked that there are people who are trying to put it to work.
kisaku hosoyume (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 07:49:02 PM

The idea mostly came from tcgs. Plenty of other people have had similar ideas. History is pretty clear on that.

Ultimate goal, huh? I mean, doesn't the white paper establish a pretty clear goal?
Lubcub62

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 09, 2022, 04:40:23 AM

I will ask. how much BTC do you have now. and do you have any other projects?
kisaku hosoyume (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2022, 12:47:39 AM

Hm. Those kind of sound like questions that would be interesting to hear an original satoshi answer, but might be boring to hear the answers from someone who merely knew an original satoshi.

"I don't own much bitcoin" and "my current projects are mostly mundane" are pretty bland answers, in my opinion. Even if they are the truth.
Lubcub62

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 01:46:18 AM

Hm. Those kind of sound like questions that would be interesting to hear an original satoshi answer, but might be boring to hear the answers from someone who merely knew an original satoshi.

"I don't own much bitcoin" and "my current projects are mostly mundane" are pretty bland answers, in my opinion. Even if they are the truth.
I think a genius will always do the unexpected.
as well as satoshi.
kisaku hosoyume (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 09:21:49 PM

I think a genius will always do the unexpected.
as well as satoshi.

That line of reasoning leads to something like this:

"A genius would always do the unexpected.
You did something new and unheard of? Just as I expected! Boring.
You did something bland and normal? I... wasn't expecting that... True genius."

It's the kind of reasoning that thinks that "cow tools" is genius, when it's just cow tools.

Or in other words, it seems like you're projecting an internal fantasy onto other people. It's something people do frequently, and in that sense it's not unusual. But if you want to function better around people you admire, some good advice is to treat them as though they also are "normal" people.

Because they are.

Wasn't that also one of the main messages of the Satoshi statue that got made? That in essence, each one of us is Satoshi? So, are you doing the unexpected? Are you fulfilling your grand plans?

...or are the answers that you would give for yourself something more like "I don't own much bitcoin" and "my current projects are mostly mundane"?

You might think it's unfair to hold you to the same standard as someone like Satoshi, but everyone started somewhere. They got where they are by moving to somewhere else, rather than staying where they started.
MrDave

Activity: 114

View Profile
April 15, 2022, 06:33:54 AM

Well, yes I had the same question in my mind as soon as I read this topic. And anything else maybe he is working on right now.
kisaku hosoyume (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 10:21:43 PM

you know, there is more than one idea contained in the creation of bitcoin. so when people say "where did you get the idea", the pretty clear completion of the question is "where did you get the idea for bitcoin" but there are various concepts within bitcoin.

where did you get the idea for a public ledger?
where did you get the idea for a cryptographically secure coin?

when people ask "where did you get the idea" it makes me wonder what "the idea" means to them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: