Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:40:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Israel Bitcoin Meetup Group  (Read 38612 times)
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 11:35:24 PM

A Bitcoin lecture, "Distribution and human progress: the case for a distributed social network", has been scheduled for January 19, 19:00, in Google Campus Tel Aviv, Floor 34, Electra Tower, 98 Yigal Alon, Tel Aviv. Gathering at 18:30.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/219745663/.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 07:56:48 PM

Videos from the international Bitcoin conference in October 2014 have been released: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiOFfTVghPYjKbkjeYo2LOYEgUgNbIh9t

Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 11:28:40 AM

A Bitcoin lecture, "On Bitcoin, People, and Everything in Between", has been scheduled for February 8, 19:00, in Google Campus Tel Aviv, Floor 34, Electra Tower, 98 Yigal Alon, Tel Aviv. Gathering at 18:30.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/220185255/.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 02:20:58 PM

A Bitcoin lecture, "The Future of Bitcoin Wallets", has been scheduled for February 23, 19:00, in Google Campus Tel Aviv, Floor 34, Electra Tower, 98 Yigal Alon, Tel Aviv. Gathering at 18:30.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/220432707/.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 10:19:28 AM

"Decentralized applications - Product demonstrations" has been scheduled for March 29, 19:00, in Google Campus Tel Aviv, Floor 34, Electra Tower, 98 Yigal Alon, Tel Aviv. Gathering at 18:15.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/221182869.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 02:03:10 PM

A Bitcoin lecture, "Bitcoin Transactions", has been scheduled for May 4, 19:00, in Google Campus Tel Aviv, Floor 34, Electra Tower, 98 Yigal Alon, Tel Aviv. Gathering at 18:30.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/222068495/.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 03:24:33 PM

A Bitcoin event featuring Rob Witoff from Coinbase, organized by Startup Nation Central, has been scheduled for May 13. Gathering at 9:00.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/222318784/.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 06:43:12 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 06:31:25 PM by Meni Rosenfeld

A Bitcoin personal story by Jonathan Rouach has been scheduled for May 26, 19:00, in Google Campus Tel Aviv, Electra Tower, 98 Yigal Alon, Tel Aviv. Gathering at 18:30.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/222594991/.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 02:08:05 PM

A Bitcoin lecture, "The Bitcoin Meme", has been scheduled for June 15, 19:30, in Campus Tel Aviv, Floor 34, Electra Tower, 98 Yigal Alon, Tel Aviv. Gathering at 19:00.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/222908113/.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 01:41:41 PM

A Bitcoin lecture, "Bitcoin Wallets & Security", has been scheduled for July 6, 19:30, in Campus Tel Aviv, Floor 34, Electra Tower, 98 Yigal Alon, Tel Aviv. Gathering at 19:00.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/223413528/.

jorjito25

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:13:36 AM

Perhaps it is not proper to ask question in these threads, but I am really interested in how it is to discuss, or even promote, bitcoin in a country so conservative it was banned to teach evolution theory in school until very recently?

Conservatism is of course not something unique for Israel, I could have taken another country, but I just saw that you have meet-ups and wonder how the work is going in such a culture setting.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:29:05 AM

Perhaps it is not proper to ask question in these threads, but I am really interested in how it is to discuss, or even promote, bitcoin in a country so conservative it was banned to teach evolution theory in school until very recently?

Conservatism is of course not something unique for Israel, I could have taken another country, but I just saw that you have meet-ups and wonder how the work is going in such a culture setting.

Your impression of Israel is completely wrong. Yes, there is the conservative side but at the same time Israelis are one of the 1st to jump on any new technology.
Conservative? Only in some places. The biggest "gay parades" , nudity on TV (since forever) ........  As far as evolution- who told you that? Maybe in religious schools it was like that.

Now Meni can delete this since it's OT.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
jorjito25

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 05:17:54 AM

Sorry for my prejudices Sad

But I'm still interested in the topic: How many people attend the meet-ups and do you see an expanding interest?
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 01:43:38 PM

I think Israel is less conservative than, say, the US.

When I read the comment about evolution I thought "WTF is he talking about...", but looking it up it seems that indeed evolution was missing from the curriculum until recently (which is slightly different from being banned - while evolution was not taught as a subject on its own, I don't think any biology teacher avoided referring to it.).

So while you got that one right, my very reaction is an indication of the generally low level of conservatism.

Specifically for evolution, the whole topic of "evolution vs. creationism" in education is simply not a hot topic of public debate here the way it is in the US.

You could also say that in the US there is a large number of moderate conservatives, while in Israel there is a smaller number of extreme conservatives which, with a few exceptions, keep to themselves and don't have much sway over the public opinion.

Given this, and the entrepreneurial and technophile spirit of Israel, there's not really much of a problem discussing Bitcoin here.

But I'm still interested in the topic: How many people attend the meet-ups and do you see an expanding interest?
I think interest in Bitcoin in Israel is in a plateau for now, the way it is in most of the world. We'll need some more exciting stories to get the interest going again - for now we're spreading the word to whomever is willing to listen. In the smaller meetups we have every 3 weeks there are about 30 attendees. Bigger meetups can reach ~120 people and the last conference had ~250.

Now Meni can delete this since it's OT.
Actually I can't, since I'm not a mod of this section, and apparently being the OP isn't enough. I don't really think I should, either - it's a marginal comment.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 06:31:08 PM

A Bitcoin personal story by Ayal Segev has been scheduled for July 21, 19:00, in Google Campus Tel Aviv, Electra Tower, 98 Yigal Alon, Tel Aviv. Gathering at 18:30.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/223815651/.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 08:15:13 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 08:15:39 PM by Meni Rosenfeld

A Bitcoin lecture, "Colored coins", has been scheduled for August 13, 19:30, in Campus Tel Aviv, Floor 34, Electra Tower, 98 Yigal Alon, Tel Aviv. Gathering at 19:00.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/224431371/.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 08:15:49 PM

A Bitcoin panel, "The Looming Fork", has been scheduled for August 25, 19:30, in Campus Tel Aviv, Floor 34, Electra Tower, 98 Yigal Alon, Tel Aviv. Gathering at 19:00.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/224746783/.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 01:56:34 PM

A special Bitcoin meetup as part of the DLD conference has been scheduled for September 8, 18:00, in the Bitcoin emBassy, Ahuzat Bayit 1 Tel Aviv.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/224537960/.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 03:09:49 PM

A Bitcoin special lecture, "How Many Private Keys Can We Compute in the Bitcoin Blockchain?", has been scheduled for October 29, 19:30, in Campus Tel Aviv, Floor 34, Electra Tower, 98 Yigal Alon, Tel Aviv. Gathering at 19:00.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/226233858/.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 11:40:10 AM

A Bitcoin lecture, "Breaking free from chains: Secure "chainless" protocols for Bitcoin", has been scheduled for December 17, 19:30, in Campus Tel Aviv, Floor 34, Electra Tower, 98 Yigal Alon, Tel Aviv. Gathering at 19:00.

Details and registration at http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/227289840/.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: