Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:28:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VET transaction from Binance to Metamask went wrong  (Read 67 times)
TwinCamDude (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 12:07:06 PM

Hi guys,

I have a big issue. In February this year I transferred my VET to my Metamask Wallet via the Binance app. Then I found out that Metamask does not support VET. So my money is currently "floating".

I just checked https://explore.vechain.org/accounts/0x1bacb2431d48634464c1a6fe7961397720c7adda/ My transaction is just visible. Address is 100% correct.

Now I have downloaded VeChain Thor app, after a nice search on Friend Google. When importing my "0x1ba.........adda" address to this app - after entering the private key - suddenly a completely different address appears in the app: "0x0B.....161c". Whatever I try, I can't see the value, let alone import my Metamask address into the VeChain Thor app.

What am I doing wrong? I searched on Google for hours, but I still haven't found out how to claim the VET coins, which I accidentally transferred to Metamask.

Any help is welcome  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d3nz

Activity: 1274
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 01:04:50 PM

Hi guys,

I have a big issue. In February this year I transferred my VET to my Metamask Wallet via the Binance app. Then I found out that Metamask does not support VET. So my money is currently "floating".

I just checked https://explore.vechain.org/accounts/0x1bacb2431d48634464c1a6fe7961397720c7adda/ My transaction is just visible. Address is 100% correct.

Now I have downloaded VeChain Thor app, after a nice search on Friend Google. When importing my "0x1ba.........adda" address to this app - after entering the private key - suddenly a completely different address appears in the app: "0x0B.....161c". Whatever I try, I can't see the value, let alone import my Metamask address into the VeChain Thor app.

What am I doing wrong? I searched on Google for hours, but I still haven't found out how to claim the VET coins, which I accidentally transferred to Metamask.

Any help is welcome  Smiley

That would be big problem and If I am in your situation I will be in panic. BTW. Have you tried this suggestion from Metamask?

https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058795251-How-to-access-my-VET-tokens-after-sending-them-to-MetaMask-

It could help you retrieve your VET from your Metamask.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 01:09:28 PM

To be clear and specific, how do you export the private key for that particular address?

Make sure you did export the private key instead of importing the seed phrases. And Have you tried to import the private keys to other wallets?
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1228

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 06:47:59 PM

-snip-
OP should tried this.

So, there is no big thing @OP should doing. I read this method, and the only things @OP need to find a supported wallet with the same private key format. I guess, to find the wallet @OP can also tried to ask with "VET" community.

Tried reddits, is helped a lot.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Yogee

Activity: 1540
Merit: 412

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 10:50:35 PM

I found a similar case posted in another forum last year and the solution provided may have worked. It involves dowloading another wallet so study thouroughly and understand the risk before following the steps https://community.metamask.io/t/vechain-thor-send-to-metamask/1266

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
zonefloor

Activity: 1862
Merit: 524

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 12:43:56 AM

If there is a wallet that supports eth and is also vet, install that wallet on your phone or computer. Then open your wallet on that wallet app with your secret key, mnemonic phrase or json arbitrary. Then add vet with contract address and withdraw. If there is no such wallet application, unfortunately, your job is really difficult. I hope you solve your problem
TwinCamDude (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 03:29:16 PM

To be clear and specific, how do you export the private key for that particular address?

Make sure you did export the private key instead of importing the seed phrases. And Have you tried to import the private keys to other wallets?

Which Wallets support VET? I tried Comet Wallet (https://cometpowered.com), but this site ain't work (I can't create a wallet). It's not available in the Chrome Web Store anymore.......

By importing a wallet via the VechainThor app I took the following steps:

Import a wallet > Mnemonic Phrases > filled in the recovery phrases > Gave the wallet a name. Now I think this ain't the right thing?

The Metamask Community shows me a Comet solution, which ain't work as mentioned above.

If I only had a person right next to me, who can step by step help me solving this irritating problem.......

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 04:33:43 PM

Which Wallets support VET? I tried Comet Wallet (https://cometpowered.com), but this site ain't work (I can't create a wallet). It's not available in the Chrome Web Store anymore.......

By importing a wallet via the VechainThor app I took the following steps:

Import a wallet > Mnemonic Phrases > filled in the recovery phrases > Gave the wallet a name. Now I think this ain't the right thing?

The Metamask Community shows me a Comet solution, which ain't work as mentioned above.

If I only had a person right next to me, who can step by step help me solving this irritating problem.......

There you go. I already suspect that you are importing Metamask seed phrase instead of the address private key.

Ideally, if you are using the same seed phrase, you should be able to get that particular address by just creating a new address on your VechainThor APP, try to add a new address like 5 or 6, then see if the ....adda address shows up.

But in case the above method doesn't works, another thing you can try is:

1. Export the private key of 0x1bacb2431d48634464c1a6fe7961397720c7adda address on the Metamask. Refer to and adhere to the warning on https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015289632-How-to-Export-an-Account-Private-Key
2. Import the private key into the wallet.

You should've get the adda address on the wallet, but I don't know if the wallet support manually importing via private key, so you should try it.

Note that, importing seed phrases from some wallet to another wallet is not a good security practice. Also, since you are dealing with sensitive information, make sure you are doing in a secure environment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: