Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:59:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: German Authorities Shut Down Russian Darknet Market, Seize $25M In Bitcoin  (Read 148 times)
Coinshots (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 01:26:18 PM

German authorities seized $25 million in bitcoin (BTC) as they shut down Hydra Market, saying they had closed one of the world's largest darknet markets.

The Hydra Market's bitcoin privacy mixer complicated the investigation, police said.

The cybercrime office of the Frankfurt prosecutor's office and federal criminal police confiscated 543 BTC as they "secured" the site's servers, according to a federal police statement on Tuesday.

Federal police found 17 million customers and 19,000 seller accounts. Hydra Market probably had the highest turnover among illegal marketplaces in the world, according to the statement. In 2020, the marketplace had €1.23 billion ($1.35 billion) in revenue, the police said.

The Russian-language marketplace also had a built-in bitcoin privacy mixer, which complicated tracing the transactions, said the police statement.

Hydra Market had been operating since 2015 and was accessible via the Tor browser. The site has been taken off the internet.

The market was mainly used for narcotics, and served Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Moldova, according to blockchain forensics firm Ciphertrace.

The investigation started in August 2021 and also involved U.S. authorities, the police said.

Link:https://www.coinshots.com/news/german-authorities-shut-down-russian-darknet-market-seize-25m-in-bitcoin
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DrBeer
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1883

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2022, 01:36:28 PM

After Frau Merkel, also known as "KGB Major Ivanova", left the post, Germany ceases to be a court servant of Russia, and begins to take independent steps. Bravo!!! Now a complete renunciation of coal supplies from the country of the world terrorist has been announced (until the end of summer), and a complete embargo on the supply of hydrocarbons from the killer country, until the end of 2022. Germany ceases to be a servant of the Kremlin!

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 01:40:09 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (3)

I wonder what they are going to do with the seized coins now. They will have few options:
1. Keep them as evidence 🧾 eventually not doing anything else for few years
2. Sell them and keep fiat in government funds
3. Keep them as government funds ( hold them)
If they do decide to sell them to the bidders the market might go up and down, at the same time one should understand that Russians are right now trying to convert their money into bitcoins ultimately finding a way somehow to manage through sanctions. But EU made it clear that bitcoins was covered under the sanctions as well therefore I do think that more countries might try and seize Bitcoins from the Russians and it might affect the market as a whole but we must understand that this is important as well and be patient and hold our coins if the price goes down 👇

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
TheNineClub

Activity: 616
Merit: 161

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 01:45:50 PM

After Frau Merkel, also known as "KGB Major Ivanova", left the post, Germany ceases to be a court servant of Russia, and begins to take independent steps. Bravo!!! Now a complete renunciation of coal supplies from the country of the world terrorist has been announced (until the end of summer), and a complete embargo on the supply of hydrocarbons from the killer country, until the end of 2022. Germany ceases to be a servant of the Kremlin!

I doubt this has anything to do with that, government's have been such darknet markets since they first started popping up. What I am surprised by is the huge bitcoin booty they got from it. That paid for the whole operation tenfold. I wonder how come there aren't many other crackdowns of such marketplaces. Maybe it's just that it actually takes a long time to really take them down.

crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2022, 01:54:48 PM

I wonder what they are going to do with the seized coins now. They will have few options:
This is what I thought off originally. Then I began to search for what happens to seized items when it is money or an asset that has value.

Some of the articles wrote that they use it for
  • Payment for training officers
  • Buying of equipment
  • Being used in buy-bust operations

Basically, anything that makes their job easier and I think it's a great way to use it. I'm not sure about seized cryptocurrencies though.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 09:44:35 PM

25 million dollars is nothing in the grand scheme of things. That is basically one days worth of energy Russia gets paid from just a single nation let alone all of Europe. They may not be aware of this, but it is really a tiny amount. Of course putting bad people in jail and getting their money is a big deal, it shouldn't matter if they were Russian or not, and even if it was, it is still great that they were caught and the money was confiscated as well.

We had like billions of dollars owned by Russian oligarchs frozen and seized, if that didn't hurt Russian economy then I do not know what would. Definitely not some darknet getting shut down.
24Kt

Activity: 1092
Merit: 67

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 10:06:53 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2022, 10:19:32 PM by 24Kt

25 million dollars is nothing in the grand scheme of things. That is basically one days worth of energy Russia gets paid from just a single nation let alone all of Europe. They may not be aware of this, but it is really a tiny amount. Of course putting bad people in jail and getting their money is a big deal, it shouldn't matter if they were Russian or not, and even if it was, it is still great that they were caught and the money was confiscated as well.

We had like billions of dollars owned by Russian oligarchs frozen and seized, if that didn't hurt Russian economy then I do not know what would. Definitely not some darknet getting shut down.

That amount is indeed small compared to what they are accumulating throughout these days. But at least, German authorities are doing something to cripple their possible source of funds. They may not get the large amount but if they will continue to bust this kind of activity, accumulation of small things will go a long way. As we don't know how much they are collecting throughout these years, these authorities are just hoping that they can remove some of their sources of funds. But I think, even if they taken down this site, they will always find a way how to create a new one.
Yogee

Activity: 1540
Merit: 412

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 10:35:21 PM

This is what I thought off originally. Then I began to search for what happens to seized items when it is money or an asset that has value.

• Buying of equipment

Basically, anything that makes their job easier and I think it's a great way to use it. I'm not sure about seized cryptocurrencies though.
We're talking about coins so using it for buy-bust operation is very much unlikely.

Take a look back at what the US Government did to the Silk Road bitcoins if you want a better comparison. They were all sold in separate auctions. Germany may have different way of doing things but I don't see why they wouldn't follow the same strategy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2022, 10:52:43 PM

• Buying of equipment

We're talking about coins so using it for buy-bust operation is very much unlikely.

Take a look back at what the US Government did to the Silk Road bitcoins if you want a better comparison. They were all sold in separate auctions. Germany may have different way of doing things but I don't see why they wouldn't follow the same strategy.

The German government could also look at the option of just keeping it for obviously the world is capitalizing on cryptocurrency.  Countries are already considering BTC as legal tender. Auctioning it will be a loss for them. I think US could have gained much is they didn't auction the confiscated BTC from Silkroad to Drapper.

They basically got the BTC for free unlike Bukele that had to buy from government funds, they could just print money to pay officers training and equipment.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1862

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 03:43:59 AM

This has nothing to do with Russia's invasion of Ukraine and the west's imposition of sanctions on Russian oligarchs.

Darknet markets have always been closely monitored and shut down. This Russian site has been under investigation for months and has now fallen down finally. Despite confiscating only $25 million in Bitcoin, Hydra is a bigger fish. It is even considered as the largest darknet marketplace in the world today.

The problem, however, is that there are no bad people jailed here. Nobody is even caught. Catching the people behind Hydra is going to be another mission for the authorities.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Wexnident

Activity: 2520
Merit: 665

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 03:53:20 AM

Man, that's a lot. I reckon they paid off whatever they actually spent tbf. Would the entirety of the seized amount be under the German's jurisdiction or would they split off some with the U.S.? Since they helped with investigations and all.
Wasn't there a case where there was also a seizure of coins that happened and said coins were auctioned off by the government? I reckon the same thing would happen here. Now as to what they will use the money gained from there, well I reckon that's still up for debate. Probably for public facilities or something along those lines.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Moneyprism

Activity: 452
Merit: 10

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 04:12:41 AM

and where did they take the 25 million? will they keep it for themselves or share it with US authorities?

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 06:00:28 AM

and where did they take the 25 million? will they keep it for themselves or share it with US authorities?

The German seized it, so they will have to keep it, US though is there to help and maybe provide technical support for them.

And as others seized illegal and tainted bitcoin, usually the state uses the option to sell it below market price through auction. So let's see how the German government will do that and maybe the US might have also advise that route as well.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Moneyprism

Activity: 452
Merit: 10

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 07:09:56 AM

The German seized it, so they will have to keep it, US though is there to help and maybe provide technical support for them.

And as others seized illegal and tainted bitcoin, usually the state uses the option to sell it below market price through auction. So let's see how the German government will do that and maybe the US might have also advise that route as well.

oh I see,,,, hopefully the german government allocates the money from the sale of bitcoins for something useful,,, instead of corrupting it or using it to buy oil or gas from the black market lol

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 760

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 07:20:58 AM

In general any seized funds will goes to the government treasury so I assume the same will happen to these bitcoins as well and it will be there for almost forever but really 25 million is the biggest of black market then why all thise government claims that bitcoin wirth almost trillion dollar marketcap is only used for illegal activities?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6271

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2022, 11:52:01 AM

As for the crypto. Each government and even at times each department within the government has their own rules for disposing of confiscated property.
As for the why now. I really don't read much into that. Investigations take time, and digging into who controls what and where takes time. It started 8 months ago, and I'm sure they could have slammed the door on it at any time after a few months, but this is legal work within the government. They took their time and did it right.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Leviathan.007

Activity: 1582
Merit: 722

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2022, 03:09:06 PM

Maybe that's good a piece of news to shutdown these darknet markets providing unhealthy and unsafe drugs, however, regardless of that as I can see there are still some other marketplaces on the darknet providing these kinds of services and they still use the name Hydra however some of them can be unreal and scam, on the other side of the story I'm wondering how the police are going to spend the money they got, some articles said that's will be used to train police officers but I will have doubts on that. 

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Leviathan.007

Activity: 1582
Merit: 722

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2022, 03:17:08 PM

• Buying of equipment

Maybe that's good a piece of news to shutdown these darknet markets providing unhealthy and unsafe drugs, however, regardless of that as I can see there are still some other marketplaces on the darknet providing these kinds of services and they still use the name Hydra however some of them can be unreal and scam, on the other side of the story I'm wondering how the police are going to spend the money they got, some articles said that's will be used to train police officers but I will have doubts on that.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
kryptqnick
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1389

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 06:14:26 PM

I don't think it's a huge deal in terms of seizing Russian funds or fighting Russian crimes, but it's still nice that, apart from sanctions, a dark net market was shut down. What is triggering a bit is that Germany did this. They seized 25 million dollars here, but they're paying literally billions of dollars to Russia for gas, so in terms of fighting Russian financial routes and capabilities, it's a drop in the ocean, and it's hard to diverge anything about Russia from its war against Ukraine now and not compare the assets and their impact. IMO right now, fighting a terrorist state and stopping financing the war that's leading to what some now call a genocide is more important than a drug-dealing dark net market, but since the investigation started a long time ago, these are just not connected to each other.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 06:23:20 PM

oh I see,,,, hopefully the german government allocates the money from the sale of bitcoins for something useful,,, instead of corrupting it or using it to buy oil or gas from the black market lol

The federal authorities that seized the Silk Road crypto held onto it and then auctioned it. IIRC there were some investigators that had tried to steal some portion of the Bitcoin that was confiscated from the matter but was not successful. If Germany is smart they'd just hold onto it instead of selling it and keep it secured. If the feds had waited, they would have not lost out on hundreds of millions - they sold in 2015.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: