Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:09:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to track the previous wallets of each miner in one pool?  (Read 281 times)
akbarjoon (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 06:25:59 AM

I have a farm. Sometimes, i have a disconnection of power in my farm. Therefore, it needs some times to restart my farm. In this period, the initial condition is out of control and it is probable that some of my employee, set another wallet for my miners in short period and then change it to my original wallet.
Is there anyway to detect this problem. for example if a miner have a unique hardware serial number (Unchangeable through flashing of Nand flash or downloading new firmware), can we track the wallet of each miner in time period?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 09, 2022, 04:26:04 AM

for example if a miner have a unique hardware serial number (Unchangeable through flashing of Nand flash or downloading new firmware), can we track the wallet of each miner in time period?

There is no such feature, you need to make your own, and it will cost you a LOT. You need to hire someone to write a piece of code that logs the miners' logs somewhere safe only you have access to, or that same person might be able to modify the firmware so that it locks the mining pool (like what most viruses do), you can also prevent them from installing a firmware by requiring a signature.

You can seal the sdcard holder so that you know if anyone touches it, because disabling the scard flash means you need to disable the bootloader on the control board, which means, you will lock everyone including yourself out of that miner and you will never be able to flash different firmware.

But if your guys have the time to flash a different firmware, mine to their wallet for a while, and then install a different firmware, all of that while using a Sdcard, then nobody can fix that on a software level, it will be a lot easier to hire someone else who watches over your employees.

This is also hard to fix on a network level (but a lot cheaper )because if they use the same mining pool you use, then nothing on the network side can be done, unless you use a mining proxy, and here is how I picture it.

A mining proxy sits on a PC that nobody but you has access to.
All miners mine to that proxy.
Your router's firewall is configured to drop every packet that isn't coming from or going to the IP address of the PC that has the proxy running.

This way even if they change the pool settings, the pool will be "dead" and the miner won't connect, they have to connect to the proxy, and since they don't have access to the proxy, the proxy will connect to your pool with your worker only.

of course, they can bypass all of this if they have access to the router, they can just bring their own router and bypass the firewall, so maybe put it in a safe? but really, if you are worried about physical intervention happening on your farm -- you need to hire better people or hire other people to watch those people over CCTVs (to ensure they don't change the router for anything like that)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████