Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 10:46:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may be soon accepted by Walmart, McDonald's etc via Lightning Network[ARCHIVED]  (Read 62 times)
PhoenixZephyrus (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 02:46:55 PM

Jack Mallers, founder of Zap, is bringing Bitcoin back to its roots with an announcement that his Lightning Network wallet, Strike, has partnered with Shopify, NCR, and Blackhawk Network.

According to Mallers, any website that uses Shopify online card transactions can now process payments using Bitcoin’s Lightning Network. The partnership is live right now and a massive step toward the mass adoption of Bitcoin.

During the presentation, a slide appeared listing some of the biggest retailers in America, including McDonald’s, Walmart, Home Depot, and Best Buy. According to their websites, Blackhawk and NCR also serve Starbucks, Chipotle, El Corte Ingles, Lowe’s, Staples, Woolworths, and thousands of other global retailers.

Source: Bitcoin may soon be accepted by McDonald’s, Walmart via Lightning Network, Mallers says

So according to the article, the bitcoin lightning network can be used to instantly settle payments with close to 0% transaction fees.
I think this is a huge step forward, as the volatility of BTC won't come into play, because the customers don't even have to pay in BTC for it to actually work. Neither user or merchant has to interact with BTC at all, but the merchant would be saving ~3% here than if they had gone with using VISA.

According to his presentation, retailers will be able to receive Bitcoin from customers and instantly convert it to fiat without any fees or processing delays. Whichever currency the retailer wishes to settle their payments in “doesn’t matter,” according to Mallers.

Also, all shopify sites accepting BTC is huge! Why isn't this being talked about more?
darkv0rt3x

Activity: 1260
Merit: 674

I rather die on my feet than to live on my knees

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 02:53:06 PM

Shame is that usually these decisions are like satellite, I mean, they will only available on certain parts of the world and not only will be able to experience that! Just like the Bitcoin integration in Twitter sometime ago (not exactly sure if it was Twitter, but I remember something being only available for the US or something like tat) and other examples, as experiences to check how thing evolves and to quickly off ramp in case things go south!

Edoted; why was this arquived?

Bitcoin is energy. Bitcoin is freedom
I rather die on my feet than living on my knees!
PhoenixZephyrus (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2022, 02:55:44 PM

Shame is that usually these decisions are like satellite, I mean, they will only available on certain parts of the world and not only will be able to experience that! Just like the Bitcoin integration in Twitter sometime ago (not exactly sure if it was Twitter, but I remember something being only available for the US or something like tat) and other examples, as experiences to check how thing evolves and to quickly off ramp in case things go south!

Edoted; why was this arquived?

I saw a post regarding the same already in the forum. So I decided to just post a reply there instead of creating a new topic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: