Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:24:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which alternative smart contract platform is best?  (Read 155 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 01:44:14 AM

In my opinion, it is very good that we have a choice. I'm not saying that we need hundreds of different blockchains, but a few more will definitely be useful. Competition is always healthy for the market.
There is no doubt that at the moment the most practical (cheap and fast) network is BSC. Other blockchains are not bad either, but BSC is definitely growing the fastest.

BNB (native cryptocurrency of BSC) may be a good Ethereum alternative, but it's still heavily centralized. The same can be said about Solana, TRON, and other high-performance blockchains. That's what you get when you sacrifice decentralization for high-speeds and cost-efficiency. I think there's no platform that is "best", since it all depends on your specific needs. There are a plethora of platforms on the market aiming to "beat" Ethereum, but they will always remain one step behind because of their unreliable and heavily-centralized design.

I'd say Polygon (MATIC) is a better choice than BNB simply because it's faster and cheaper to use for "De-Fi". The cryptocurrency is trading below the "double digits", as people haven't noticed its true benefits yet. If Solana went sky-high at a very fast pace (even though it's centralized), then Polygon (MATIC) can do better. I'm fine with having more than one platform as long as decentralization prevails in the long run. Who knows how strong the "De-Fi" space will be in the future? Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 02:22:27 AM

~
Which alternative smart contract platform do you think is the best? Is it Polygon, BNB, Cardano, or Solana?
I'm spending some (limited) time looking at Avalanche and the projects built on it. They can definitely compete if we're to use your two criteria (fast and cheap).

Do you think the market is saturated with too many smart contract platforms? Or is there still room for growth?
I actually like that there are more smart contract platforms as it forces a healthy competition among developers and that results to better products.

Will Ethereum remain as the "King of "De-Fi"" for long?
Hard to say which smart contract features investors and regular daily users would prefer in the future. On one hand, there's decentralization and security. On the other, there's fast confirmation and cheap fees. As it stands, bigger money flows to Ethereum (TVL) while other competitors like BSC can have higher daily transactions.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 03:27:08 AM

Best smart contract platform meaning huge userbase, fast transaction, low gas fees? then I would go for BSC as the best alternative to eth for now it has over 4m transactions per day compared to avax, solana, meaning BSC is the next most used and popular next to eth but when it comes to security this smart contracts alternatives has a record breaking hacking incidents losing millions of dollars (https://decrypt.co/93874/biggest-defi-hacks-heists). Looks like most of them targeted by bad actors and need to deploy first the highest form of security measure they can to avoid future incidents.

Teletalk.org

Activity: 224
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 10:50:49 AM

In my opinion the best platforms are BNB and Etherium. These two smart compact platforms are the best because BNB smart chains are currently the most used. But Etherium is more powerful and secure than this. This is because the tokens of BNB Smart Sign are currently the most scammed but Ethereum rarely scans so I consider Ethereum Smart Agreement platform to be the best.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: