Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:46:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying mtgox USD for Paypal  (Read 1752 times)
Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 09:43:12 PM

If you have any for sale let me know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 09:54:29 PM

I'd be glad to sell you some.  email me at coinpal@ndrix.com and we can work out the details.
Keefe

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 02:33:05 AM

Mndrix runs a very good and trustworthy operation, but if you want to avoid the high fees and low limits necessitated by the risk of PayPal fraud, consider these other options that I accept:

• Bank transfer via PopMoney: usually free and almost immediate, offered by many major US banks: https://www.popmoney.com/popapp/faces/popmoney/common/about.jsp?name=partners
  • Bank transfer via ACH: usually free, but few banks offer it except for sending to your own accounts
  • Cash deposit in person to any branch of the seller's bank: free except your time to get to the bank, usually clears the same or next day
  • Online transfer between accounts at the same bank: usually free and instant
  • Dwolla: $0.25 per transfer, takes a few days to setup
  • Green Dot MoneyPak: can be bought with cash at many retailers, costs about $5, seller can accept and verify immediately
  • Others I haven't thought of

If you're interested in buying from me, the quickest way to reach me is in IRC (freenode.net, #bitcoin-otc). But I also check the forum a couple times a day.

morpheus

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 01:57:29 PM

I also sell Mt Gox USD for paypal: http://bitcoinmorpheus.tumblr.com/How_to_buy_mt_gox_usd_with_paypal
nster

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 04:39:11 PM

Mndrix runs a very good and trustworthy operation, but if you want to avoid the high fees and low limits necessitated by the risk of PayPal fraud, consider these other options that I accept:

• Bank transfer via PopMoney: usually free and almost immediate, offered by many major US banks: https://www.popmoney.com/popapp/faces/popmoney/common/about.jsp?name=partners
  • Bank transfer via ACH: usually free, but few banks offer it except for sending to your own accounts
  • Cash deposit in person to any branch of the seller's bank: free except your time to get to the bank, usually clears the same or next day
  • Green Dot MoneyPak: can be bought with cash at many retailers, costs about $5, seller can accept and verify immediately

If you're interested in buying from me, the quickest way to reach me is in IRC (freenode.net, #bitcoin-otc). But I also check the forum a couple times a day.

no, I believe Mndrix is selling his mtgox USD to receive PP? or did I not understand correctly?

If I am correct, there shouldn't be any fees

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 04:45:25 PM

no, I believe Mndrix is selling his mtgox USD to receive PP? or did I not understand correctly?

If I am correct, there shouldn't be any fees

You perceive it correctly and the transaction has taken place already. All good.
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 04:46:34 PM

My offer above was specific to Mahkul because I've done business with him many times before and he's always been honest and friendly.  I believe Keefe and bitcoinmorpheus's offers apply to anyone on this forum.  I highly recommend both of them.
Zamicol

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 11:07:30 PM

Let me see if I understand this, you just gave Mndrix money through PP so you could receive USD credit to your account on Mt Gox?  How does that work?

I will be giving Mndrix an email. Mt Gox's 7% PP fee is outrageous Sad.  I would have moved some funds over earlier but I was looking for a cheaper/faster/digital way to do it. 
nster

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 11:13:54 PM

Let me see if I understand this, you just gave Mndrix money through PP so you could receive USD credit to your account on Mt Gox?  How does that work?

I will be giving Mndrix an email. Mt Gox's 7% PP fee is outrageous Sad.  I would have moved some funds over earlier but I was looking for a cheaper/faster/digital way to do it. 

Yes, and I do not get what you do not understand lol

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 11:23:06 PM

That's morpheus, not mtgox.  And considering the risk of dealing with unknowns who could charge back or dispute their PayPal, 7% is understandable.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: